Pokemon: Unova Quest

"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?" Quests are Play By Post Games with collectively controlled protagonists. Join in and have fun!

Pokemon: Unova Quest

Unread postby shadowspiri5 » May 20th, 2014, 1:16 pm

*Ladies and gentlemen, we have started our descent/in preparation for landing, please make sure your seat backs and tray tables are in their full upright position. Make sure your seat belt is securely fastened and all carry-on luggage is stowed underneath the seat in front of you or in the overhead bins. Please turn off all electronic devices until we are safely parked at the gate. The flight attendants are currently passing around the cabin to pick up any remaining cups and glasses.*

Following the pilot's orders you put your tray table up, and get ready for your decent. About half an hour later you hear the Head Flight Attendant's voice come on the intercom.

*Welcome to Nuvema Town, Unova where the local time is 8:30 a.m. We'll be taxiing to the gate for the next few minutes, so please remain seated with your seatbelts fastened until the captain has turned off the seatbelt sign. We'll be parking at gate 23 and for those of you where Nuvema Town is your final destination, bags can be claimed at carousel 3. Connecting information will be available with a representative meeting this flight. On behalf of this Unova based flight crew and United Regional Airlines, thank you for choosing to fly with us today and we hope to see you again on a future flight. Enjoy your stay here, or at the city of your final destination. Use of Pokegears, X-tranceivers and other mobile telecommunication devices is now permitted."
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

After an hour and 45 minutes you are walking out of the airport and into the cold Unova air.

"Stupid customs, full cavity search my ass. That broad just wanted an excuse to stick things where the sun don't shine. Jeez, it's cold out here. I hope I find the Pokemon Center soon." You say with a cry. You rub your arms and walk over to the first person you see. A portly man of average height in a blue business suit and with shirt carrying a suitcase.

"Excuse me sir?"

"What can I do for you miss?"

"Well, I'm new in town, and I was wondering if you could direct me to the Pokemon Center?"

"Well miss I'm afraid that there isn't a Pokemon Center in Nuvema Town. The closest Pokemon Center is in Accumula Town, it's a few days walk from here. However I'm sure Professor Juniper would be more than willing to look over your Pokemon. Her laboratory is at the end of this road. It's a bit of a walk but you show get there by noon if you hurry." Thanking the man you walk off in the direction he pointed.

Reaching into your pants pocket you take out three small red and white spheres, Pokeballs. In them are your three closest companions. Grabbing the first one you press the button in the center. The Pokeball expands and releases a flash of red light that coalesces into a white horse that is on fire. A Ponyta.

"Hey boy." You pet it. "We need to get to the professor's lab it's just down this road. Do you think you could get us there?" The Ponyta neighs and rubs his head against your shoulder. "Yes, yes, I know your a good boy. Now let's go, there's no time to waste! I want to get to mother's house before dark."

Reaching into your bag you pull out a large orange and green wool blanket. Placing it over the Ponyta's back you climb on and lightly click your heels lightly into the Ponyta's sides. He immediately goes into a working trot down to road.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

After about an hour you see Professor Juniper's Lab come into view. It is a simple two story manilla building with a curved orange roof, lots of windows and is surrounded by a lush green lawn with a radio tower and a green house off to one side.

Directing your Ponyta to the front door you dismount and say. "I'll let you graze once I get you and the others checked over ok?" The Ponyta just neighs sadly. "I know boy, I don't like it either but customs will get on my ass if I don't get you and the others checked out soon."

Returning the Ponyta, you walk into the Lab and see a taller woman with swirly light brown hair wearing a lab coat and a strange grey and white pokemon you have never seen before talking a younger woman a few years younger than you wearing a big green hat, a yellow jacket, and glasses. Looking over the older woman notices you. "Hello there, my name's professor Juniper, and this is my assistant Bianca, what can I do for you?"

You walk over to her taking your three Pokeballs out of your pocket before reaching into your large black bag and pulling out an incubator with a large egg in it.

"Hi, I just got off the plane into Unova and I was hoping you could look over my Pokemon and egg please?" Your etiquette lessons kick in and you finish your sentence with a small bow before you can stop yourself.

"Certainly! Just follow me into my lab and I can get them checked out post-haste!" She leads you and Bianca through a pair of doors in leading to the back. The room you enter is closer to a doctor's examination room than a lab. There is a large table in the center along with various machines that you recognize from back at the Pokemon Daycare Center you used to work at.

"All right then! Just release your Pokemon and put your Egg on to the table and we will get started." Bianca seems excited about this part. Setting your egg on the table, you release your Pokemon. Your Ponyta appears first, after him comes a small blue fish like Pokemon with two yellow antennae coming from the top of its head. A Chinchou. And finally a small child like pokemon with green hair, red horns, and a white body comes out of the last pokeball. A Ralts.

"Oh wow I've never seen any of these pokemon before!" Bianca pipes in. "That's because none of these Pokemon are native to the Unova region. It's no wonder you wanted to get them checked out! Luckily this won't take more than an hour at most!"

Beginning her examinations, Professor Juniper works quickly. By the end of the hour she has determined what you already knew. Your Pokemon are in perfect health and are up to date on their vaccinations. In addition your egg is coming along nicely and Bianca for some reason took selfies of herself with each of your Pokemon. Your Chinchou and Ralts didn't seem to like the flash of the camera however.

Professor Juniper turns to you. "Well, I must say that your Pokemon are extremely well taken care of. Are you a Pokemon Breeder?

"I spent five years working at a Pokemon Day Care Center as an Apprentice Breeder. I have all the practical experience I need to become a Breeder if I wanted to." You puff up your chest in pride. Professor Juniper's eyes seem to light up at this. "Well it just so happens that I have two new trainers coming in get their first Pokemon. Normally if I don't have a full trio of new trainers I keep the remaining Pokemon at the lab. However, I think that an experienced raiser of Pokemon such as yourself would make a great trainer for a young pokemon. What do you say?"

The choice is yours!

Will you accept Juniper's offer? And if so which starter will you choose? Snivy, Tepig, or Oshawott?

So, here I am writing a Pokemon quest. Honestly I decided to do this for fun. So let's see how far this gets before catastrophically failing shall we?

So names! I need a name for our character, and our Pokemon a male Ponyta, a male Ralts, and a female Chinchou, and if you choose to accept Juniper's offer, the starter pokemon.

Our character is a sixteen year old girl.
Spoiler: show
Your Pokemon
Unamed Male Ponyta - Jolly Nature - Ember, Tackle, Flame Wheel, Tail Whip
Unamed Female Chinchou - Naughty Nature - Water Gun, Supersonic, Flail, Thunder Wave
Unamed Male Ralts - Naive Nature - Growl, Confusion, Shadow Sneak
Egg
Last edited by shadowspiri5 on May 20th, 2014, 8:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
If at first you don't succeed kill it with fire! Because why not?
shadowspiri5

Re: Pokemon: Unova Quest

Unread postby Wraith5 » May 20th, 2014, 1:56 pm

I'd say take the Oshawott, simply because I like the idea of a sword-wielding otter.
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"Sometimes I stop to think and forget to start again." - t-shirt
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
"Come to the Darkside; We have bacon." - t-shirt
Wraith5

Unread postby MrRigger2 » May 20th, 2014, 2:10 pm

Get the Tepig. We shall train him to be the greatest pig based luchador in the world!

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby spector29 » May 21st, 2014, 2:36 am

Snivy is the obvious answer, for maximum sarcastic comments.

I vote for the Ralts to be named Louis, because it seems very blase for a psychic pokemon.
spector29

Unread postby shadowspiri5 » May 21st, 2014, 10:29 am

Ok, so currently the vote is Snvy: 1, Tepig: 1, and Oshawott: 1.
I've decided that the first mon to 3 votes wins.

Also give me name suggestions. I don't want to make them up on my own because I am terrible at making up names.
shadowspiri5

Unread postby Wraith5 » May 21st, 2014, 10:46 am

Trust me, I'm not a good person to ask for nicknames... Only ones I've ever given to Pokemon were Ignart (a Cyndaquil in the GBC Gold version) and Chomper (a Totodile in SoulSilver)...
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
Wraith5

Unread postby shadowspiri5 » May 21st, 2014, 11:07 am

Then suggest a name for our PC.
shadowspiri5

Unread postby doc.exe » May 21st, 2014, 5:31 pm

For the PC: Lizzie

For the starter: Snivy.

As to nicknames for our trio… mmm…
Ponyta – Sunny
Chinchou - Shining
Ralts - Albert

Not particularly original, but it’s the best I could think of in a short timeframe.
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby shadowspiri5 » May 22nd, 2014, 11:35 am

Day 2 vote update.

Snivy: 2, Tepig: 1, Oshawott: 1.

You know I'm honestly considering just calling the vote now considering the lack of votes but I'll leave it open for at least for another few hours.

Also the names as it stands right now.

PC: Lizzie

Ponyta: Sunny
Chinchou: Squishy/Shining (Whichever you guys prefer)
Ralts: Lewis/Albert (Honestly preferring Lewis here)
shadowspiri5

Unread postby Wraith5 » May 22nd, 2014, 11:42 am

As for the nicknames, I agree with "Lewis" for the Ralts, but we could go with "Louis" and make an occasional "pills here!" refence. :secret_laugh: Hmmm... maybe something along the lines of "Sparks" or "Sparky" for the Chinchou? Actually, "Sparkles" would probably work pretty well, considering the PC AND the Chinchou are both female...
Wraith5

Unread postby shadowspiri5 » May 22nd, 2014, 1:52 pm

Okay, it's 12:50. The vote is now closed. The update will be coming sometime today or tomorrow.
shadowspiri5

Unread postby spector29 » May 22nd, 2014, 2:05 pm

I posthumously agree with Sparkles, and am looking forward to a new quest.
spector29

Unread postby shadowspiri5 » May 23rd, 2014, 1:45 am

Getting up from your seat next to the exit you walk over to the table in the middle of the examination room.

"Sure I'll raise a starter Pokemon for you."

"Excellent!" The Professor looks very happy. "Now we just need to wait until the new trainers get here. They should be here at 1:30. OH! I just realized I never got your name!" Professor Juniper looks embarrassed before extending her hand.

"Don't worry about it, my name's Elizabeth Wolfe-Sterling. Just call me Lizzie." You reach over and shake Professor Juniper's hand.

Looking at the clock on the wall you see that it is 12:15 right now. Turning to the table you look over your pokemon, not that you don't trust the word of a Pokemon Professor, it's just sometimes examinations like this miss minor things, like a pokemon needing a bath, or hooves that need cleaning. 'Speaking of which.'

"Sunny, your hooves are filthy! They need to be cleaned!" Sunny the ponyta looks at you like a cat being told it needs a bath. "I know you don't like it, but it needs to happen. There's sand, pebbles, grass, dirt, and is that MANKEY CRAP?!" Bianca looks disgusted while the professor looks over your shoulder, looking at the mass of soil and other material stuck in Sunny's hooves.

"How did I miss THAT?! That defiantly needs to be cleaned. There's a grooming area out back for larger pokemon, you can use that if you need to. Also feel free to let him graze on the lawn when your done. In fact I think you should look over your other pokemon for things I missed. If you need to groom your smaller pokemon, there's a grooming room next to the larger pokemon grooming area."

"Thanks for the offer, I'll take you up on it. I just got done looking over Sunny so give me a few minutes to look over the others and a place where I can change." You gesture at your street clothes which consist of a pair of green shorts, black flats, and a white short sleeved shirt. "Because frankly these are not the best clothes to be grooming pokemon in." The professor nods.

"You can change in the restroom, take a left out the door we came through and it's the fourth door to the right."

"I'll change first. There's no sense getting these clothes slimy when I inspect Sparkles." Hearing her name called your Chinchou looks up expectantly. "I'm gonna look you guys over to see if you need a bath or anything."

Louis the Ralts cries excitedly and starts trying to dance around, while Sparkles whines at you. "I know Sparkles, you don't like it when I examine your bulbs but it's for your own good."

Picking up your bag from where you left it by your seat you follow the professor's instructions. You walk out the door and into the lobby. Soon enough you find the restroom and you change out of your street clothes and into your "Breeder outfit" consisting of a white long sleeve shirt, brown cargo pants, brown work boots, a green pokeball print bandana, a green apron, and leather gloves. Walking back into the examination room with your bag in hand you begin your examination. It looks like Professor Juniper got everything major right, and there is nothing wrong with your other pokemon besides that all of your pokemon need some exercise, but it's nothing a battle or two won't fix.
Ten minutes later you are standing outside in the large pokemon grooming area with Sunny. Bianca and the professor are in the small pokemon grooming area getting the starter pokemon ready to meet their trainers. Taking your brush and pick you lift up Sunny's first hoof and get to work. You work diligently and thoroughly cleaning every curve and recess in Sunny's hooves.

"You know Sunny I hope this Unova thing works out. I mean, working at the Daycare Center was fun and all but I really want to see different pokemon than the usual crowd of Rattata, Wurmple, Poochyena, and other pokemon we looked after in Orre. I don't even think leaving home was a good idea in retrospect. It's just... after the divorce I just couldn't stand in the same house as that man and the tramp." Sunny suddenly yelps and pulls back. "Oh! Sorry Sunny, I was being too rough wasn't I? Just thinking about them gets me all riled up. That's why I ran away in the first place. But you already knew that didn't you?" Sunny nods his head and neighs knowingly. "Of course you did. You were the one who helped me run away all those years ago. I just hope mother will still let me stay with her like she said she would when she was allowed to visit."

As you finish you inspect Sunny's hooves. "Clean as a whistle, just like the should be. Alright your free to go. Why don't you go graze on the lawn or take a nap. It's much warmer than it was this morning." Indeed it was warm enough that you had rolled up your sleeves. Giving Sunny a pat on the rump he trots off to graze. Looking at your watch you see it's 1:25.

"Hey look at that pokemon!"

A noise that can only be Sunny's startled neigh fills the air and you look up to an odd sight. You see Sunny running around the lawn like a mad horse with a red haired girl on his back and a brown haired boy chasing after them. Suddenly you see Sunny buck up and throw the red haired girl off causing her to crumple to the ground. Sunny get over here!" Sunny runs over to you whining and shaking his head all the way. It takes you a good ten minutes to calm him down enough to get him to stand still. While this is happening Prof. Juniper, and Bianca come running out of the lab. Prof. Juniper runs up to you while the boy and Bianca go and help the red head.

"What happened here?!" You raise your hands defensively. "I didn't do anything! I was putting my grooming gear away and the next thing I know Sunny is running wild with that red haired girl on his back." You gesture at the red haired girl, who is currently rubbing her back. "Those are the two new trainers I told you about. Why don't you go introduce yourself and apologize for Sunny's behavior. I need to calm down the starters. The noise scared them."

You walk over to the two with Sunny right behind you. Your first impression of them both is that they're taller than you. Not that it's very hard to be taller than you considering you are not even five feet tall. Reaching them you hold out your hand. "Hey, I'm Elizabeth. I'm Sunny's trainer." You gesture towards said equine pokemon. "I'm sorry for his behavior, I don't know what got into him."

The brown haired boy shakes your hand. "My name's John, and this spaz is Olivia. I'm guessing your the third trainer receiving a starter today?" You nod. "I've never heard of a trainer receiving a starter pokemon when they already have a pokemon. Ah well stranger things have happened." At this point the red head has recovered enough to look down at you. "Oww. Why did it throw me ? All I wanted to do was ride it." You and John both look at Olivia with a look that says how unamused you both are.

You sigh and put you hand on your forehead. "Sunny is a ponyta. And ponyta don't like strange people riding them. You're lucky he was more startled than anything and didn't let his flames burn you. You could have been burned to a crisp or worse if you had actually frightened him." Olivia looks scared at the prospect of getting burned, while John just looks at Olivia with a look of disappointment.
"Olivia we've been through this. You can't just jump on every pokemon you see hoping they'll give you a ride. Some aren't as friendly as your dad's Zebstrika." Olivia looks down in shame before turning to you. "Sorry Lizzie, I guess I should have waited 'till you got back before jumping on Sunny's back. Probably would have gone over better with Sunny."

"Probably" You pull out Sunny's pokeball and return him. "Let's go inside and get our pokemon. I'm sure the starters are just bursting with excitement to meet their new trainers.

"Agreed."

"YEAH!"

Before you can say anything more Olivia runs off into the lab. You turn to John. "That girl has far too much energy."

"You can say that again."

"That girl has far too much energy."

"...Shut up."
Entering the lab with John you see Prof. Juniper standing next to a cart with three shiny new pokeballs on it. Bianca is sitting off to the side holding Louis. Louis coos happily as you walk into the lab and wiggles his way out of Bianca's arms and onto the floor. He runs up to you and grabs your leg. You pick him up and return him to his pokeball before putting the ball in a side compartment of your bag. Moving quickly you stand next to Olivia and John in front of Prof. Juniper.

"Alright, now that everyone is better and not trying to ride other peoples pokemon it's time to start. As you know there are three standard starter pokemon given to new trainers in the Unova region. And here they are!"

Grabbing the pokeball on the left side of the cart she pressed the button in the center, priming it, and threw it into the air. "This is Snivy, a Grass type pokemon!" Out of the ball came a blue-green snake like pokemon with a leafy tail and red eyes. The Snivy looked around curiously, before crossing it's arms and looking smugly at the three of you. However you notice that it is looking at you from the corner of it's eye.

Grabbing the pokeball on the center of the cart Prof. Juniper pressed the button and threw it up. "This is Tepig, a Fire type pokemon!" This time the pokeball released a red and black pig-like pokemon with a yellow spot above it's nose and curled tail ending with a red ball. The Tepig looked up at the three of you with excitement and something akin to adoration. You notice that the little guy could not seem to stand still.

Repeating the process with the last pokeball Prof. Juniper released the final pokemon. "This is Oshawott. A Water type pokemon!" The Oshawott was a blue and white otter pokemon with a red nose and a yellow shell like thing on it's stomach. It looks around the room with wide eyes and an easily read look of joy. You can almost see the tears coming out of it's eyes from the pure Joy.

Prof. Juniper turns to the three of you. "Now since Elizabeth was the first to get here, so she gets to choose first." John looks shocked. "What do you mean she got here first?! We were here a good ten minutes before she arrived!" You sigh and turn to face the two younger teens. "Would you two stop acting like little kids? If I wasn't here before you were how would Sunny have been here?" Olivia joins in the conversation at this point. "Well Sunny could have run off. "

Before you can retort however Prof. Juniper pipes in angrily. "Calm down and let me explain! Elizabeth got here at 11:15 a.m, and went to get some lunch at 1:30. You two got here at 1:45." John and Olivia look sheepish at the chewing out. "Now are you going to let Elizabeth choose her pokemon or are you going to act like a bunch of wild Ducklet again?" John and Olivia reply at the same time. "We'll be good." "Very well then. Elizabeth! Choose your Pokemon!"

Looking over the pokemon assembled before you for a few minutes, you make you decision. "Snivy. I choose you." Snivy looks up at you, nods and walks over to your side. Oshawott and Tepig look disapointed before turning to John and Olivia.

Prof. Juniper nods and turns to John. "It's your turn." John looks over the two remaining pokemon for a moment before choosing. "Oshawott, your with me." Oshawott looks like it's about to explode with happiness as it runs over to John and hugs his leg.

Olivia turns to Tepig. "That means your with me Tepig." Tepig looks at Olivia for a moment before literally jumping into Olivia's arms.

All three of you turn to Prof. Juniper. "Well that's all three of you. Now let's get you three your equipment and you can be on your way."
Fifteen minutes later you are sitting under a tree next to a lake with Snivy and the rest of your pokemon at your side. Sunny is laying down to your right. Sparkles is floating in the lake. Snivy and Louis are fighting over who gets to sit in your lap. The egg is currently sitting in it's incubator next to Sunny.

You are looking over the equipment that Prof. Juniper gave you. A X-transiever, 6 pokeballs, a town map, a badge case, and a blue and green generation five pokedex. You've never actually seen one in person. John and Olivia are sitting in the grass talking about their respective journeys and what they have planned.

What do you do?
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You people are lucky as all get out. I rolled a d100 for Snivy to be shiny and look what you got.

1d100= 100

Also we need a name for the little bugger.

This update was a bitch to write. hopefully the next few ones will be easier. As for me I'm going to bed, night.

Your Character
Spoiler: show
Name: Elizabeth "Lizzie" Wolfe-Sterling
Items: Pokemon Grooming supplies, 10 potions, 5 super potions, 2 revives, 4 antidotes, 4 Paralyze Heals, 4 Burn Heals, 4 Ice Heals, 1 Full Heal, Poffin Case (3 spicy, 3 dry, 3 sweet, 3 bitter, 3 sour, 1 mild) Pokedex, 6 pokeballs, X-Transeiver, Town Map, Breeder's outfit, fancy outfit, street clothes, badge case.
Goal: None
Pokemon on Hand:
Sunny - Male Ponyta - Jolly - Ember, Tackle, Flame Wheel, Tail Whip
Sparkles - Female Chinchou - Naughty - Water Gun, Supersonic, Flail, Thunder Wave
Louis - Male Ralts - Naive - Growl, Confusion, Shadow Sneak
Unnamed - Female Snivy (Shiny) - Sassy - Tackle, Growl, Vine Whip
Egg
Last edited by shadowspiri5 on May 23rd, 2014, 4:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
shadowspiri5

Unread postby spector29 » May 23rd, 2014, 2:28 am

Lashandra, clearly. Sassy shiny females need a sassy shiny name.

Louis seemed excited about getting a bath. Implications...interesting.
spector29

Unread postby shadowspiri5 » May 23rd, 2014, 4:21 pm

Damn it, stupid mousepad.

I will say this about Louis' feelings towards Lizzie.

Louis was hatched by Lizzie and she has raised him for the past year. Louis views him as his mother. Louis just likes taking baths.
shadowspiri5

Unread postby spector29 » May 23rd, 2014, 4:26 pm

Everybody loves baths.

Is the Egg from one of our current pokemon? Or, well, the only one.
spector29

Unread postby shadowspiri5 » May 23rd, 2014, 4:30 pm

The egg does not count towards your six pokemon limit and you have Sparkles, Sunny, Snivy, Louis, and the Egg with you. It should be clear now.

Or if you are talking if the egg is the only pokemon we actually own. Then no, every pokemon you have on you except for Sunny, Snivy, and the egg were bred by you over the five year period you spent at the daycare center. Sunny was your first pokemon and you got him for your tenth birthday. The egg was a going away present to you from your supervisor when you left Agate Village for Unova.

*Edit: The egg is not from any of your pokemon.*
Last edited by shadowspiri5 on May 26th, 2014, 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shadowspiri5

Unread postby shadowspiri5 » May 26th, 2014, 12:09 am

So what now? Do you guys want to battle John or Olivia? Head to the next city? Catch Pokemon? The world is your oyster!
shadowspiri5

Unread postby MrRigger2 » May 26th, 2014, 1:39 am

Head for the next city.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby spector29 » May 26th, 2014, 3:25 am

Yeah. We'd crush them anyway with a Grass/Fire/Psychic team.

Onwards!
spector29

Unread postby shadowspiri5 » May 26th, 2014, 8:21 pm

I will give the vote until tomorrow morning at about 10:00 a.m. and then I will begin writing the update. So anyone who wants to vote, vote now.
shadowspiri5

Unread postby shadowspiri5 » May 27th, 2014, 9:46 pm

Opening your town map you look over the electronic map of the Unova region. 'Holy crap! This thing has local and region maps, topographic data, and climate data on every part of the region, even detailed info on each city and town!' On the sidebar of the map are multiple information filters. Turning off the climate, detailed information, and topographical filters you look for your main goal. "Let's see Floccesy Town, Floccesy Town, ah ha! Here it is, Floccesy Town. It is...on the other side of the region." You feel your heart sink at the sight of your mother's hometown and current place of residence being over 1000 miles away.

"Crap. It looks like it'll take me about a month and a half to get there even if I pushed Sunny to his limit. I should have gotten the other plane ticket." Shaking your head you calm yourself down. " Ah well no use crying over spilled milk. At least I'll be at mother's house in time for my birthday. Alright what did mother say about huge goals. If you have a huge goal that seems insurmountable, break it up into smaller goals that are easier to manage. Ok, so my first goal would be... Striation City. That's about a week and a half away. That's much more reasonable."

Closing the map you begin to put your things back into your bag and return your pokemon except for Sunny. Blanketing Sunny and climbing onto his back you coerce him into a trot and go down route 1 towards Accumula Town.
Encounter Roll: 3d100 = [52,19,37]
A couple of hours later you stop by a large river. You are making good time towards Accumula Town. Surprisingly you haven't seen any pokemon since you started on the route. Climbing off Sunny you release you pokemon to get some exercise. Sparkles appears in the water and she begins to swim around happily gurgling as she does so. Snivy looks around for a bit before losing interest and walking over to a random tree and started using Vine Whip to get at something up in the tree. Louis appears in front of you and attaches himself to your left leg.

"First things first. Snivy, come here please." Snivy looks over to you before walking over to you, swishing of her tail behind her with each step. "Now that you are officially a member of the team, would you like a nickname?" Snivy looks thrilled for a split second before becoming serious again and merely nodding and making hissing noises that seem to imitate your speech in a semi-mocking manner. It's kind of cute. "Ok, how about Felicia?" Snivy shakes her head. "Alexa?" Snivy shakes her head again. "Shaundi?" Shake. This goes on for fifteen minutes. Finally you think you come up with a name that Snivy would like. "Ok, how about Lashandra?" Snivy seems to mull over it for a few minutes before nodding. "Ok then your new name is Lashandra!" Snivy nods and goes back to trying to get whatever it was from the tree.

Moving over to Sunny you sit down and begin to watch your pokemon. You sit for about half an hour before a kid dressed in a pair of black athletic shorts, an orange tank top, and an orange baseball cap barges into the clearing, and marches up to you. "My name's Micheal, and I challenge you to a pokemon battle!"

'The Hell?'

Do you accept this kid's challenge? Also if you accept his challenge what is your strategy?

Just a short one today. Just some punk challenging you to a battle.

Name: Elizabeth "Lizzie" Wolfe-Sterling
Items: Pokemon Grooming supplies, 10 potions, 5 super potions, 2 revives, 4 antidotes, 4 Paralyze Heals, 4 Burn Heals, 4 Ice Heals, 1 Full Heal, Poffin Case (3 spicy, 3 dry, 3 sweet, 3 bitter, 3 sour, 1 mild) Pokedex, 6 pokeballs, X-Transeiver, Town Map, Breeder's outfit, fancy outfit, street clothes, badge case.
Goal: None
Pokemon on Hand:
Sunny - Male Ponyta - Jolly - Ember, Tackle, Flame Wheel, Tail Whip
Sparkles - Female Chinchou - Naughty - Water Gun, Supersonic, Flail, Thunder Wave
Louis - Male Ralts - Naive - Growl, Confusion, Shadow Sneak
Lashandra - Female Snivy (Shiny) - Sassy - Tackle, Growl, Vine Whip
Egg
Last edited by shadowspiri5 on May 28th, 2014, 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shadowspiri5

Unread postby JAGwin » May 27th, 2014, 10:27 pm

oog: While I have a bad feeling about this Quest (no offense intended), I guess I'll join in.

ig: Accept the challenge, try to use type advantages where possible, and when that isn't an option, send in Sunny (as the sooner he becomes a Rapidash, the sooner we get to Floccey Town).
JAGwin

Location: My Secret Lab... and even I'M not entirely sure where that is.

Unread postby Wraith5 » May 27th, 2014, 10:41 pm

IG: Agreed.

OoG: could you replace the page breaks with something else? The method you're using right now does weird things to my page width... (Yes, I did notice that you're using a LOOONG line of underscores...)
Wraith5

Unread postby spector29 » May 28th, 2014, 12:12 am

I say we confusion-spam. It's not like a starting trainer battle will have a defense against that.
spector29

Return to “%s” Quests