Pokemon: Unova Quest

"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?" Quests are Play By Post Games with collectively controlled protagonists. Join in and have fun!

Re: Pokemon: Unova Quest

Unread postby shadowspiri5 » May 28th, 2014, 3:25 pm

To Jag: If I didn't think that this quest wasn't going to catastrophically fail I wouldn't have said so in the first post.

To Wraith: Very well. Page and Scene breaks will now be marked with a Q,Q.
If at first you don't succeed kill it with fire! Because why not?
shadowspiri5

Unread postby JAGwin » May 28th, 2014, 4:11 pm

To Jag: If I didn't think that this quest wasn't going to catastrophically fail I wouldn't have said so in the first post.
The bad feeling I had was that there were going to be spelling/grammar/punctuation issues that would make this too much of a headache for me to read. Luckily that feeling has faded.
JAGwin

Location: My Secret Lab... and even I'M not entirely sure where that is.

Unread postby shadowspiri5 » May 29th, 2014, 1:45 am

Welp. I had this cool idea for the next update. I had it all written out, and then I realized that it would lead to some seriously f***ed stuff happening that wouldn't fit the tone of this quest. So I'm scrapping it and going back to the drawing board. I'll probably have the update in by Friday morning my time.

So here's what I need from you guys, I need you guys to come up with some Pokemon that you want Lizzie to catch, along with names for them.
shadowspiri5

Unread postby shadowspiri5 » May 30th, 2014, 12:03 pm

Here's the next update! Kinda dark but not really.

Q,Q

Sighing, you stand up and look Micheal in the eyes. It's kinda funny, but despite how short you are for your age you still tower over this kid. "I accept your challenge. Does a four on four battle with no subs sound good to you?"

Micheal smiles. "That's fine with me. Hope your ready to lose girl."

"Excuse me?!"

"You're a girl. Everyone knows girls are bad at pokemon battles." he puffs up his chest and smirks.

'Oh it's on now.' Returning your pokemon and moving to the center of the clearing you and Micheal stand 100 feet from each other. Grabbing your first pokeball you survey the battlefield. It's just a field with some rocks and trees, nothing too special.With that done you get ready to begin, when a large man in a black trench coat and young girl in a yellow and pink sweater with a pink miniskirt burst into the clearing. The man in the trench coat runs up to you and Micheal. "What's going on here?"

"Hey dad! You and sis are just in time to see me trounce this girl in a pokemon battle."

The man looks confused for a moment before looking exasperated. "A pokemon battle? Micheal you haven't even had your trainer's license for a month, what makes you think that it's a good idea to pick a fight with a complete stranger?"

"Oh please, she's a girl. Everyone knows girls aren't good at pokemon battles." The girl in the miniskirt looks miffed. The man just looks over at you. You can feel his gaze analyzing you. After a minute he walks over to you. " I'm Roderick, Micheal's father. I apologize for any trouble he's caused you." He turns back to Micheal. "I'll let you two battle, but I'll be officiating the battle to make sure nothing gets out of hand." Roderick turns to back to you. "So who challenged who?."

"Micheal challenged me. We decided on a four on four single battle with no subs."

"Very well." Roderick walks off to the side of the clearing halfway between you and Micheal. You are on Roderick's left and Micheal on Roderick's right. "This will be a four on four single battle with no time limit between Micheal Vascotez of Accumula Town and... I'm sorry what's your name?"

"I'm Lizzie of Agate Village."

"And Lizzie of Agate Village! Both contestants are not allowed substitutions. That means that you can't switch pokemon until your current pokemon has fainted. Trainers, choose your first pokemon!"

'I'm taking a big risk, he's the youngest member of my team after all. But he needs the battle experience.'
"Louis, It's time to battle!"
"Go, Venom!"

Louis appears in front of you happily walking over to you and hugging your leg. "Yes, yes mommy loves you, but we have a battle to win." Louis looks surprised before nodding, turning around, and marching back to his place on the battlefield and taking a battle stance reminiscent of a Galade's. Knees bent and arms and head forward.

Meanwhile on the other side of the battlefield Micheal released a red and green centipede like pokemon with black markings and yellow eyes that you didn't recognize. Reaching into your pocket you pull out your pokedex and press the red button marked scan. After a few seconds a mechanical female voice is heard.

"Venipede, the Centipede Pokemon. Venipede explores its surroundings by sensing vibrations in the air with feelers on its head and tail. Its bite injects a potent poison, enough to paralyze large bird Pokémon that try to prey on it. " 'A poison/bug type gotta be careful."
Roderick raises his hands and brings them down. "Begin!"

"Time to lose girl. Venom use Poison Sting!" Venom reared up and unleashed a quick barrage of purple needles at Louis.
"Louis, dodge with Shadow Sneak!" Crying in confirmation, Louis jumps back and falls into his shadow.

"What the heck? Where'd it go?" Suddenly Louis comes up from Venom's shadow and rams into Venom with all his might. Venom tries to dodge but fails and is sent flying. "What? Venom no!" Venom lands a few feet away. Micheal seems worried about his Venipede. "Venom, are you okay?" Venom begins to struggle to it's feet but you can tell it took a hard hit from Louis' Shadow Sneak. 'Let's finish this!'

"Quick Louis, while it's down use Confusion!" Louis' hair lifts up slightly as his horn and eyes glow and crackle with blue power. Then Venom is surrounded by a blue aura and lifted into the air, it's many legs flailing about in confusion and fear, and is then slammed into the ground.

"Venom!" There is no answer. Venom is knocked out cold. Roderick raises his left hand. "Venom is unable to battle. Louis wins." Micheal looks angry as he returns Venom. "Darn it. let's see how you like a taste of Rhythm." Sending out a pokeball he releases a blue, black, and tan pokemon shaped vaguly like a face with a tail. Taking out your pokedex again you scan the newcomer.

"Tympole, the Tadpole pokemon. By vibrating its cheeks, it emits sound waves imperceptible to humans. It uses the rhythm of these sounds to talk. " 'Ok, so it's a water type.'

"Alright Louis you've got this. Use your confusion attack." Louis' eyes and horn glow blue again and Rythym is thrown up into the air. "Ok you've got this Rhythm. Use Bubble!" Rhythm gurgles a bit before shooting out a spray of bubbles at Louis that miss by a country mile. As the last bubble hits the ground so does Rhythm who after few brief moments of shock, rolls onto her belly once more. "Alright, Rhythm use bubble again!"

"Oh no you don't! Louis use Shadow Sneak!" Falling back into his shadow Louis disappears from sight once more as the bubbles pass over where he was a moment ago. "Look out it's behind you!" But Micheal's warning comes too late and Rhythm turns around to eat a Ralts' elbow to the face and get sent rolling. After a few seconds Rhythm comes to a stop and faints.

The entire clearing is silent except for the girl in the yellow sweater who is laughing hysterically. Micheal is in shock at what just happened and Roderick's face is the picture of stern neutrality. Without any fanfare Roderick lifts his left hand again. "Rhythm is unable to battle, Louis wins again!" Louis jumps up and down clapping his hands happily. You fist pump. "Alright Louis, two more!"

"Grrrr. Go Patters!" Micheal releases a brown rodent pokemon with red and yellow eyes. Pulling out your pokedex you scan it.

"Patrat, the Scout Pokemon. Extremely cautious, they take shifts to maintain a constant watch of their nest. They feel insecure without a lookout. Using food stored in cheek pouches, they can keep watch for days. They use their tails to communicate with others. " 'A normal type huh? That means Shadow Sneak won't work.'

"Alright Louis let's open up with a confusion!" Before Patters can even make a move he is picked up by Louis' psychic powers and slammed into the ground. However it doesn't look too hurt. "Alright enough playing around! Patters use Bite!" Patters charges at Lewis with glowing fangs but Louis jumps onto and off Patters' head causing Patters to stumble and slam headfirst into a rock. Picking itself up Patters turns around and charges Louis with another Bite attack. However Louis dodges to the side with no real trouble. Turning around again Patters charges Louis again.

"Louis finish it with Confusion!" Louis begins to glow with blue power once again but before he can fully charge his attack Patters latches on to Louis' and begins to shake Louis around a bit before throwing him against a tree. You hear a sharp crack as Louis hits the tree. 'Oh no!'

Running over to Louis you see that he is still breathing and still has feelling in all of his limbs. He however appears to be bleeding from under his "dress", not enough to be life threatening but still enough to be worrying. You need to get him to a pokemon center. You also know he can't fight. You turn to Roderick. "He's hurt pretty bad. He's bleeding and I don't know what that crack was. I still have time to finish the fight, but it would be best to get him to a doctor."

Roderick nods and looks thoughtful. "Can you finish this quickly?" You nod. Roderick then raises his right hand. "Louis is unable to battle. Lizzie choose your next pokemon." Returning Louis you begin to plan your next move.

'Louis did a great job. But I can't take anymore time than I have to. The kid gloves are coming off.' Taking hold of the pokeball you send your next pokemon out. "Sunny, it's time to battle!" Sunny materializes before you and gets into his stance. Lowering his head to better aim against the smaller target of Patters, hooves firmly planted on the ground in he needs to charge. His firey mane burning brightly. It's very impressive ,and apparently intimidating too because Patters is now looking like a frightened Skitty.
With a flourish Roderick begins the next round. "Begin!"
"Sunny, use Ember!"

"Patters, use Bite! Neighing Sunny opens his mouth and fires a fast moving barrage of fire bolts at Patters, who is charging at Sunny with his glowing teeth. Patters has no time to dodge and is blasted by the full force of the fire attack. Patters hits the ground and it isn't a surprise that the poor thing is knocked out.

Again silence fills the clearing. Roderick lifts his left hand up a third time. "Patters is unable to battle! Sunny wins. Micheal, send out your last pokemon." Micheal stares at Patters in shock for a moment before returning Patters.

Micheal looks aprehensive but releses his last pokemon anyway. "Puddin, GO!" Puddin turns out to be a small brown dog like pokemon with a furry face and a blue patch on it's back. Pulling out the pokedex once again you scan Puddin.

"Lillipup, the Puppy Pokemon. It is extremely loyal to it's trainer. It faces strong opponents with great courage. But, when at a disadvantage in a fight, this intelligent Pokémon flees. The long hair around its face provides an amazing radar that lets it sense subtle changes in its surroundings."

'Ok this thing is cute, even for a normal type. I feel kinda bad for kicking it's furry butt.'

"Begin!"

"Sunny, let's end this quickly! Flame Wheel!"

"Puddin, use Tackle!" Puddin charges at Sunny with speed that betrays it's small size. Sunny quickly jumps into the air just as Puddin trys to connect with Tackle. As Puddin stops Sunny surrounds himself in flames and spins around as fast as he possibly can.
"Puddin, look out it's above you." Puddin has less than a second to react to it's master's cry before Sunny slams down onto the poor puppy. You wince. Anyone with any experience with pokemon battles could tell you what happened. Sunny just landed a critical hit.

As the flames die down even Micheal doesn't need to see the results to know that Puddin just got the extra crispy treatment. Running over to Sunny and Puddin you check them over. Sunny is fine, but for once you're not worried about him. You're worried about Puddin. Sunny is a big pokemon,he's almost 64 inches tall at the shoulder, and weighs 100 pounds. That's huge for a Ponyta. So a critical flame wheel on a small pokemon like Puddin could have done some lasting damage. Looking over Puddin you see a few minor burns here, and there but there don't seem to be any broken bones and it...no, his breathing isn't labored so there doesn't seem to be anything broken there. But then again you've never treated a Lillipup before. It would be best to take him to the pokemon center. "Great, that makes two scares in a battle today."

Roderick and Micheal look over your shoulder to look at Puddin. Seeing what you see they both sigh a sigh of relief. Roderick raises his left hand. "Puddin is unable to battle. Sunny is the winner. This battle goes to Lizzie of Agate Village! Let's get back to Accumula Town to get Micheal's pokemon healed." Roderick turns to you. "Hey, do you want a ride to Accumula Town? You said yourself that Louis took a beating. It's only an hour by car to Accumula Town if we take the highway. And I know for a fact that Accumula Town has a doctor specilizing in foreign pokemon."

What will you do? Will you accept Roderick's offer?
Spoiler: show
Name: Elizabeth "Lizzie" Wolfe-Sterling
Items: Pokemon Grooming supplies, 10 potions, 5 super potions, 2 revives, 4 antidotes, 4 Paralyze Heals, 4 Burn Heals, 4 Ice Heals, 1 Full Heal, Poffin Case (3 spicy, 3 dry, 3 sweet, 3 bitter, 3 sour, 1 mild) Pokedex, 6 pokeballs, X-Transeiver, Town Map, breeder's outfit, fancy outfit, street clothes, badge case.
Goal: Get to Floccesy Town!
Pokemon on Hand:
Sunny - Male Ponyta - Jolly - Ember, Tackle, Flame Wheel, Tail Whip - Flash Fire - Level 16
Sparkles - Female Chinchou - Naughty - Water Gun, Supersonic, Flail, Thunder Wave - Volt Absorb - Level 10
Louis - Male Ralts - Naive - Growl, Confusion, Shadow Sneak - Synchronize - Level 9 (Fainted, bleeding)
Lashandra - Female Snivy (Shiny) - Sassy - Tackle, Growl, Vine Whip - Overgrow - Level 5
Egg
Congrats! Louis and Sunny both leveled up twice. Also Louis won't die, he's too badass for that. The only reason these accidents happened in the first place was due to Louis and Puddin rolling natural 1's for their defense rolls.
Last edited by shadowspiri5 on May 31st, 2014, 1:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
shadowspiri5

Unread postby Wraith5 » May 30th, 2014, 12:31 pm

Well, considering that we're "a few hours" away from Nuvema at this point, I'll vote for accepting the ride.

...I can't really believe I forgot about this, but we're a breeder. That means we probably know (at least) basic Pokemon first aid, right? I also find it hard to believe that ANYONE traveling around in the Pokemon world wouldn't bring ANY medical supplies with them. So, if we forgot/lost ours, why don't we ask if they have any bandages, etc.?

OoG: Thanks.

EDIT: I just noticed the inventory list... which is sad, since I looked in the box for Pokemon status, etc. while posting this... DERP. Thanks for pointing that out, JAG. And let me amend my plan: start by checking to see if the "crack" was a tree branch breaking. If we can find the broken off piece(s), we would probably be fine giving Louis a potion or two of some variety then riding there on Sunny, but if we can't find the branch (meaning that it might be stuck in Louis... *shudder*), then we HAVE to accept. Also, they're heading in that direction anyways, and they offered. It would be a little rude to refuse them. In case of an emergency, we could try using Lashandra's Vine Whip for a makeshift bandage. (I also suggest an abbreviated nickname of 'Lash'. I think that's rather appropriate considering the personality...)
Last edited by Wraith5 on May 30th, 2014, 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"Sometimes I stop to think and forget to start again." - t-shirt
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
"Come to the Darkside; We have bacon." - t-shirt
Wraith5

Unread postby JAGwin » May 30th, 2014, 12:41 pm

ig: Decline if Sunny can get us there faster, accept if he can't.

oog: We have ten Potions, five Super Potions, two Revives, and a bunch of Status-healing stuff in our bag, Wraith.

Also, minor nitpicking, but Louis' name was spelled "Lewis" a few times during that battle, shadow.

EDIT: Also, does Gen VI exist in this Quest? Because if it does, Louis should be part Fairy type.
JAGwin

Unread postby shadowspiri5 » May 30th, 2014, 1:11 pm

Gen VI doesn't exist it this quest. I haven't played Pokemon X or Y so I know very little about Gen VI. I'm too poor to buy a 3DS. :TT_TT:
shadowspiri5

Unread postby JAGwin » May 30th, 2014, 2:09 pm

You could look it up online (Bulbapedia, obviously, and I think there's a walkthrough for X and/or Y on Youtube (an actual walkthrough, not the LPs idiots keep claiming are walkthroughs)), though I doubt anything other than the new type would be relevant to anything going on in Unova anyway.
JAGwin

Unread postby shadowspiri5 » May 30th, 2014, 2:45 pm

Okay then, I'll go do that right now. This is giving me ideas. And because I'm nice have some deleted scenes. These are not canon for the quest.

It's Bath Time!
Five minutes after you finish cleaning Sunny's hooves, you find yourself in the small pokemon grooming area, giving Lewis a bath. Bianca and Prof. Juniper are watching from the other side of the room with the starter pokemon. Louis is the easiest out of your pokemon to bathe or do anything with really. Grabbing a bar of Amorphous egg group medicated soap, you lather up and begin cleaning the youngest, and newest member of your team.

Lifting up the folds of skin that make up Louis' "dress" you begin by carefully washing his small, fragile, limbs, and body. You can't really talk or you might lose your concentration and end up breaking something. He happily helps you along by holding the folds up with his confusion ability and rinsing himself thoroughly.

After the body you begin washing the "dress" itself. The "dress" actually is made of folds of tough white skin and are the reason Ralts don't break every bone in their body when they get hit with a physical attack or get thrown around. It's easier to clean than his limbs but you still need to be careful. Louis is a little less help here but he still tries his best.

Soon enough it's time to wash his hair. Grabbing a bottle of small Psychic type pokemon shampoo from your bag you begin the easiest part of bathing Lewis. It doesn't take three minutes and after a quick shine of his horns you are done with Louis. "There we go Louis, all clean." Lewis coos happily and spins around.

Reaching into your bag you look for something. "Now where's that case? Aha!" You pull out a wicker case with several drawers marked with various colors. "There's my poffin case!" Pulling open the pink drawer you pull out a small pink pastry and hand it to Lewis who accepts it gratefully. As he eats it he hums in delight. "You're done Louis. I honestly don't know what to do with you. I can't watch you and clean Sparkles' bulbs at the same time..."

"Oh! I'll take care of him!" Bianca pipes up for the first time in ten minutes.

"Would you? Sparkles is always a pain to wash. And I can't watch Louis while I'm doing that." Bianca nods enthusiasticly. "Of course! Just tell me what to do and I'll make sure he comes back to you in the same condition you gave him to me in."
"Alright, do you think you could feed and play with Louis? Just be gentle, Ralts are not a species of pokemon known for their toughness."
Bianca salutes. "Of course. I'll be as gentle as a feather."

As she runs off with Lewis, you turn to Sparkles who has been chilling in a large tub of water on the floor. "Your turn Missy."
Q,Q
You look at the clock on the wall, 1:20. You had started cleaning Sparkles around 1:00 and would have finished by now but she is making life difficult for you by moving around everytime you get close to his bulbs with the soapy rag you are using to clean her.

"Stop moving Sparkles! They need to be cleaned! How else are you going to see underwatAGH!" Sparkles looks quite pleased with herself after she gave you an unexpected bath with a water gun attack. Brushing a lock of sopping wet blonde hair out of your eye you glare at Sparkles. "We go through this every time I try to give you a bath! Hold still and this won't take ten minutes. Why do you insist on f***ing around every time I try to clean you? You listen to me every other time except bath time. That's it time to call in the heavy artillery." Sparkles just gives you a look that says "Bring it on."
Q,Q
You walk away from the grooming area soaking wet, however you did manage to get Sparkles clean.
shadowspiri5

Unread postby spector29 » May 30th, 2014, 5:12 pm

Wait, wait wait. You got something wrong in the fight scene there, which could've kept Louis healthy. You said Shadow Sneak doesn't effect Normal types, so Louis couldn't use it.

It's Normal attacks that don't effect Ghost types, not the other way around.
spector29

Unread postby shadowspiri5 » May 30th, 2014, 7:14 pm

No that's not correct. Ghost type attacks don't affect Normal type pokemon.

Sources: Bulbapedia page on Ghost type pokemon
Serebii.net type chart Gen VI
shadowspiri5

Unread postby Wraith5 » May 30th, 2014, 9:46 pm

IIRC, it goes both ways.
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
Wraith5

Unread postby shadowspiri5 » May 30th, 2014, 10:38 pm

Yes it does. It's honestly one of the first type matchups I learned.

*Edit: Working on the update now.*
shadowspiri5

Unread postby shadowspiri5 » June 4th, 2014, 2:33 am

Louis Luck Roll 1d20 = 19

Lizzie Luck roll 1d20 = 9

You stand up and turn to Rodrick. "Hold on, I want to check something." Roderick nods. " Walking over to the tree Louis hit you inspect the damage. It was an oak tree about three feet across. The trunk of the tree is cracked, but that's it. You smile. 'That's good. That means Louis is just bleeding. I can fix that just fine.'

"What did you find." You jump at the sound of Roderick's voice behind you. You turn around to face him. "Luckily, it appears that Louis isn't all that beat up. He should still get to a Pokemon center, but it's nothing truly life threatening." Roderick nods. "Then I'm assuming you won't be taking my offer then?"

"Yep."

"Are you sure? You still have a good fifty miles to get to Accumula Town."

Sighing you close your eyes and begin to think. 'Hmm. Sunny can run sixty miles an hour at full gallop. And if it's fifty miles away there's no way I can stay on long enough to get there at a full gallop. I could barely hold on for ten minutes the last time I rode Sunny at full gallop without at least a brindle. And there's no sense in getting a broken leg before I can even get to the first town. Okay, so I'll accept his offer.'

Opening your eyes you look up at Roderick again. "You know what? I think I'll take you up on your offer." Roderick nods. "Recall Sunny and grab your things. Our car isn't too far from here." Grabbing Sunny's pokeball and returning him, you sling your bag over your shoulder. As you do so you notice something on the bottom of your bag. 'Crap, the bottom of my bag is wearing through. Can't say I'm surprised, this backpack is over seventy years old. It's not safe to have an egg in an almost broken bag. When I get to the car I'll take the egg out .'

By this point you had been blindly following Roderick and his kids back to their car, and when you saw the car, it was not what you had expected. Instead of a truck or a humvee like what you would see back in Orre, it was a large cherry red four seat convertible. 'Damn, you could fit a team of cheerleaders in this thing!' Taking the egg out and stowing your bag in the trunk, you get into the back seat with the girl in the yellow and pink sweater. Feeling the car's engine come on you buckle your seat belt and watch as the scenery begins to move past.

Q,Q

The girl in the yellow and pink sweater, who introduced herself as Karina, asked quite a few questions about you, all of which you answered without going into to much detail. You also managed to get Louis' wound to stop bleeding. After about an hour you arrived at the pokemon center in Accumula Town. After getting out of the convertible with the egg and grabbing your bag you thank Roderick for the ride.

"No problem, anyone would have done it. Also before I forget." Roderick pulls out a stack of bills and hands them to you (+3000 Poke). "There, that's for defeating Micheal. I know that he doesn't have any money on him. He spent it all on pokeballs. Now let's go get yours and Micheal's pokemon healed." Nodding you, Roderick, Micheal, and Karina go inside the plain, red roofed Pokemon Center.

It's defiantly different than any Pokemon Center you've ever seen. The first thing you notice is the open layout of the building. To your right you see what appears to be a food court mixed with a shopping area. To your left you see a lounge area with with a widescreen TV, several couches and armchairs, bookcases, a few computers, and some vending machines. In front of you there is a large desk marked "Check In and General Treatment". Behind the desk is a young woman with green hair and a pink and white nurse uniform. On the left side of the check in desk there are a flight of stairs that lead up to the second floor. On the right side of the check in desk there is a sign that points down a hallway that says "Emergency Department and Unusual Aliments Treatment Clinic". The Pokemon Center is relatively empty. There are a few older teens in the lounge area watching something on the TV. Some younger girls are gossiping near the shopping area.

Bidding good-bye to the small family you walk down the hallway leading to the Unusual Aliments Treatment Center. After a few minutes you find the UATC. Opening the door you enter a small waiting room with pink carpet and bland white walls. Walking over to the counter you see a bored young woman with brown hair and blue scrubs reading a fashion magazine. Looking over her magazine she drawls out a greeting that she probably had to learn to say in her sleep. "Welcome to the Accumula Town Unusual Aliments Treatment Clinic. My name is Anna what can I do for you today?"

"Well, my Ralts took a hard hit during a battle and I would expect since you don't see a lot of Ralts around here, that I should take him here."

The girl looks annoyed. "Well you would be right. When treating any kind of foreign pokemon you should bring them to the UATC. Let me page the foreign pokemon doctor so she can take care of you." She pushes a button on the counter and Anna's voice echos throughout the UATC "Doctor Joy, there is a trainer with a Ralts waiting to see you. Doctor Joy, there is a trainer with a Ralts waiting to see you."

A few minutes after Anna finished her broadcast a woman with pink, hooped hair and a white lab coat came into the waiting room. She smiles warmly at you and shakes your hand. "Hello, you must be the Ralts's trainer. I'm Marie."

"And I'm Lizzie." Marie opens a door that goes back into the clinic. "Just follow me and we can get your Ralts healed straight away." You walk through the door after her. You soon reach an empty examining room. Marie turns to you and starts the mandatory per-examination questions. "So what happened? Anna's announcement didn't tell me anything other than you have a Ralts that needs to be looked over."

You sigh. "My Ralts, Louis,and I were battling this kid on Route 1. We had taken out two of the kid's pokemon, a Tympole and a Venipede, when his Patrat managed to use Bite to get a hold of Louis' front horn. The Patrat then used it's size to swing Louis around by his horn before throwing him into a tree." Marie nods and pats the examining table. "Just release Louis onto the table and we can get started."

Pulling out Louis' pokeball out of your pocket you release him onto the table. Louis, who is still unconscious, looks a bit better though you can still clearly see dried blood under his dress. Marie stares for a moment before looking closer. "Wow, you were right he did take a beating in that battle." She lifts up Louis' dress and follows the trail of dried blood to a half healed wound on his shoulder. Examining the wound she muttered something softly but no so softly that you couldn't hear it. "This came from when Louis hit the tree. it looks like a small branch got under his dress and cut into him pretty deeply. She did a good job fixing him up, but I should still bandage it up so that it doesn't get infected." Marie turns to a shelf in the examining room and pulls out a roll of bandages and a jar of disinfectant. Moving quickly she disinfects and bandages the wound.

After Marie finishes bandaging Louis she begins to look for other injuries. After a few minutes you can hear her sigh a sigh of relief. "There doesn't appear to be anymore injuries. You're lucky, when you said that Louis got swung around by his horn, I was afraid that it had cracked or was broken. " You pale at the that comment. You've heard horror stories about what happens when the Ralts line gets their horns damaged. Some say that they lose control of their psychic powers and start destroying everything in their paths until their horn heals itself, others say that they slowly go insane. Luckily you've never seen what happens with your own eyes and you frankly don't want to. "Is there anything special I need to do to help Louis recover?"

"Not really, just make sure he doesn't do anything too strenuous and he should be fine. I also wouldn't recommend traveling until that shoulder is healed. The stress from traveling could cause the wound to reopen or it could get infected. It should be healed in a couple days."

You suddenly hear a soft moan coming from the examining table. Louis is awake. Turning to him you place your hand on his head and speak in a soft tone. "Hey there Louis. You got hurt pretty bad in that fight. We managed to get you to the Pokemon Center though. You're all fixed up. We'll be staying here for a couple days so don't you worry about a thing. All right little buddy?" Louis nods groggily and walks over to the edge of the table before collapsing off the side. You quickly catch him before he hits the ground.

Thanking Marie for her time and paying a modest fee(-500 Poke). You head back into the lobby. Roderick, Micheal, and Karina are all sitting around a table in the food court area. Walking over to the Check In desk you quickly get a room for the next few days. Looking down at your X-Transceiver you see it's 4:30p.m.

Q,Q

Now that Louis is fixed up what do you do?
Items: Pokemon Grooming supplies, 9 potions, 5 super potions, 2 revives, 4 antidotes, 4 Paralyze Heals, 4 Burn Heals, 4 Ice Heals, 1 Full Heal, Poffin Case (3 spicy, 3 dry, 3 sweet, 3 bitter, 3 sour, 1 mild) Pokedex, 6 pokeballs, X-Transeiver, Town Map, breeder's outfit, fancy outfit, street clothes, badge case.
Money: 2500 Poke
Pokemon on Hand:
Sunny - Male Ponyta - Jolly - Ember, Tackle, Flame Wheel, Tail Whip - Flash Fire - Level 16
Sparkles - Female Chinchou - Naughty - Water Gun, Supersonic, Flail, Thunder Wave - Volt Absorb - Level 10
Louis - Male Ralts - Naive - Growl, Confusion, Shadow Sneak - Synchronize - Level 9 (Fainted)
Lashandra (Lash) - Female Snivy (Shiny) - Sassy - Tackle, Growl, Vine Whip - Overgrow - Level 5
Egg
Last edited by shadowspiri5 on June 9th, 2014, 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
shadowspiri5

Unread postby JAGwin » June 4th, 2014, 3:08 am

ig: Well, we need a new bag, and Lash could do with some trainin', so head over to the shopping area, buy a new bag, then head out for some to get Lash some experience against the local Wild Pokémon. Don't let her take too much of beating though. If she starts runnin' low on HP, switch her with Sparkles, finish the battle, and head back.

If Lash doesn't start runnin' low on HP, return to the Pokémon Center at 6:00 pm, then either way, grab dinner and head to bed (unless Lash and/or Sparkles somehow needs a checkup, in which case, that takes priority).

oog: Was "Aliment" supposed to be "Ailment"? Also...
She did a good job fixing him up, but I should still bandage it up so that it doesn't get infected.
Maybe it's just me, but "fixing him up" with "bandage it up" almost immediately after just... doesn't sound right. Like I said, it might just be me.

And just so you know, the inventory isn't spoiled.
JAGwin

Unread postby Wraith5 » June 4th, 2014, 7:37 am

I'm with JAG on everything.
Wraith5

Unread postby shadowspiri5 » June 4th, 2014, 11:51 pm

I'm sorry about all the medical scenes. I know they get boring after a while. Heck they get boring for me to write! But luckily that was the last one.

And just to let you guys know up front, here's the extent of your knowledge of Pokemon Medicine. Right now your knowledge of Pokemon Medicine allows you to perform a general medical examination on any Pokemon from the first four generations, as well as diagnose and treat most common diseases. (Cold, flu, etc.) However you do not have the advanced knowledge to treat things like electrical overcharge or a flame sac rupture. If Louis' horn had broken you could not have treated him. You can also determine if a newly hatched Pokemon is healthy or not, provided it's a species you are familiar with. (Gen I-IV)
shadowspiri5

Unread postby shadowspiri5 » June 10th, 2014, 1:34 pm

You walk over to the shopping area and buy a new bag. (-1000 Poke) It's a simple brown mountaineering backpack with lots of pockets. After putting your gear and the egg in your new bag you shoulder it. Noting that the bag itself is almost three quarters your height, you feel a bit insecure. You shake your head. 'I can't angst about my height. I've still got things to do today.' Stretching your back and shouldering the bag you go out of the Pokemon Center and out into the town. As you walk you can't help but think about your new grass type Pokemon. "Lashandra is new. I honestly know nothing about her. I think I should spend some one on one time with her." Nodding and walking around you head towards the wilds outside the town.
Q,Q

Stepping onto Route 2 you find that there are a lot more pokemon around than on Route 1. Walking into the woods you release Lashandra.

Q,Q

Encounter Roll = 1

"Finish it with Vine Whip!." Lashandra grabs onto the Lillipup she is battling with her vines and throws it into the brush. Lashandra walks over to you with a swish of her tail with every step. Looking down at your X-Transeiver you see it's about 5:30 p.m. You look down at Lashandra. "Well, it's 5:30. So let's head back and grab some dinner." Lashandra nods and you both turn around to leave when you hear a deep growl. Both of you turn around to see the Lillipup that Lashandra had just thrown with two large dog like pokemon that could only be it's fully evolved parents. And they look angry. Very, Very, angry.

What do you do?

Items: Pokemon Grooming supplies, 9 potions, 5 super potions, 2 revives, 4 antidotes, 4 Paralyze Heals, 4 Burn Heals, 4 Ice Heals, 1 Full Heal, Poffin Case (3 spicy, 3 dry, 3 sweet, 3 bitter, 3 sour, 1 mild) Pokedex, 6 pokeballs, X-Transeiver, Town Map, breeder's outfit, fancy outfit, street clothes, badge case.
Money: 1500 Poke
Pokemon on Hand:
Louis - Male Ralts - Naive - Growl, Confusion, Shadow Sneak - Synchronize - Level 9 (Fainted)
Lashandra (Lash) - Female Snivy (Shiny) - Sassy - Tackle, Growl, Vine Whip - Overgrow - Level 7
Egg
Last edited by shadowspiri5 on June 10th, 2014, 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
shadowspiri5

Unread postby JAGwin » June 10th, 2014, 5:24 pm

ig: I'd say now would be a good time to call back Lash and run like there is no tomorrow. Failing that, send out Sunny and try to ride him back to town at the fastest speed we can still hang on at.

oog: Once again, minor nitpicking, but you used "known" instead of "know".
JAGwin

Unread postby Wraith5 » June 10th, 2014, 7:28 pm

Yeah... I'm with JAG.
Wraith5

Unread postby shadowspiri5 » July 6th, 2014, 11:16 pm

I'm sorry for not updating for while, work and school got the better than me. I'm working the update when I can. It should be done sometime sometime soon. I have no idea when.
shadowspiri5

Return to “%s” Quests