Pokewizard Quest: Gotta Cast Them All!

"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?" Quests are Play By Post Games with collectively controlled protagonists. Join in and have fun!

Pokewizard Quest: Gotta Cast Them All!

Unread postby JamestheFox » September 24th, 2014, 8:53 pm

You hiccup quietly as you wake from a dream. Mum seems to have vanished. In the distance, you hear the laughter and screams of children, but closer you hear cries and worried chatter. You tilt your head in curiosity.

Where’s Mum? It begins to dawn on you that Mum isn’t here. Mum was here when you went to sleep. Where is Mum?

As you start to cry, the moveable wall to your room opens, and closes with a slam. Mum rushes through the room, grabbing things. Mum’s crying, and that scares you. Why? What’s wrong? You cry when something’s wrong, but Mum never cries, even when everything’s wrong.

She finishes grabbing things, and startles when she hears a thump, and silence… before footsteps start to sound closer and closer. Mum stops her crying, wiping away her tears, and starts moving towards you, moving to scoop you up…
“It’s going to be okay, Harry… It’s going to be okay…”
... but the wall opens up, revealing a monster.

He utters sounds, words and sentences you don’t understand.
“Step aside. I have no quarrel with you...”
Mum shakes her head and replies.
“... Take me instead, and leave.”
The monster steps forward.
“Hmph. You and I both know why that cannot happen. Now step aside… The most you can hope to do now is die and delay my victory a few seconds more.”
Mum closes her eyes. Your eyes dimly note Mum’s magic-stick sitting on the dresser, several feet away.
“I won’t step aside. You’ll have to go through me-”
Avada Kedavra.” Mum slumps, and falls out of your view. There is now only you, and the monster. You’re scared, beyond tears. He adjusts his magic-stick to aim at you.
“Foolish girl. What did she hope to accomplish?”
He eyes you a bit longer.
“Ah well, she’ll have you again presently."
"Avada Kedavra.

A flash of green light fills your vision… and the world becomes a blur of movement for what feels like forever. A giant, smelly man… a flight through the sky… and an old, somehow familiar face looking sadly at you as he sets you on the ground.
(This is the one?)
When it’s all over, you look about. It’s a very odd place. Everything seems… painfully dull and orderly… Nothing like home… Nothing like Mum and Papa…
(Indeed. It seems such a shame to leave him here. Not when there are such big things ahead...)
You start to cry, before something in the world shifts, and you’re falling.

Your fall slows, and before you is… you think it’s a monster, larger and more terrible than the last, at first, but there’s kindness there, unlike the other monster.

Another creature appears, coming close to inspect you, and for a moment you see a flash of…

[]Pink
[]Orange and yellow
[]Pink and grey
[]Blue and grey
[]Yellow and grey

... before the creature flies out of sight.
(This child is perfect. What once was one, will soon be again, Giratina.)
The great creature stares at you. The world around you is a mess of blue and black, things floating about aimlessly. There are holes in the sky, with other places visible in them. It's so pretty... You wish Mum and Papa were here...
(You're certain this is the right choice? There is a reason the world was sundered...)
The two creatures are communicating. The smaller creature flies about the bigger one's head.
(It's fine. If it's this boy, so filled with love... I'm certain it'll all work out.)
The great creature nods, and the smaller one flies off, vanishing into the swirling world.
(Harrummph. You mortal legends never cease to baffle me...)
Now you are alone with the great creature, and you feel it start to speak with you, and you can finally kinda understand its words... <I apologize, little one. Alone as you are now, I must take you to somewhere beyond your... admittedly scant knowledge... I promise you now, you will find a new home... and your life will be bright. But always remember that you are destined for more...>

As the creature starts to take you away, you drowse to sleep.

----------------------

"I can't believe I let you sweet-talk me into this, Philena. You've heard the rumors about the Lost Cave." Professor Cathrine Conifer, a woman in her late thirties, sighs as she tosses a Pokeball upwards repeatedly. Her dark, faintly purple hair drifts in the ocean breeze.

"You have, too. And yet here you are." Professor Philena Ivy, a slightly younger woman with brighter hair, smiles, watching her aides scurry about the boat as it docks near the entrance to the Lost Cave.

"Only to make sure my little sis doesn't vanish into thin air."

The two give each other a look, before smirking. They disembark, followed by overburdened aides and wander into the caverns.

"So, now what?"

"We get lost."

"Oh for the love of-"

-----------

"Professor, we no longer have any idea where we are," one of the aides reports.

"Thanks, Hope. Now, let's set up camp." Ivy smiles. She scrapes some rock from the wall and, as soon as the aides set it up, analyzes it in a tent-sized machine. "... Arceus above. The psychic energy signature is just like the Tanoby Ruins. 98% match."

Conifer raises an eyebrow as she buffs her nails. "Soooo... it's just like the Ruins of Alph and Solaceon?"

"And the Sinjoh ruins."

"Uh huh." The older professor slinks over to her sister's side, looking over her shoulder. "So the ancients built those areas with the same kind of stone. So what?"

"It's also the same stuff that makes up Turnback Cave. This is one of two known locations in the WORLD to have this exact combination of mineral and psychic makeup in the natural stone."

"Wait, so... all the people who have disappeared here..."

"Are being brought into the Distortion World."

Suddenly, the world seems to rumble, and a great portal appears in the ceiling. Several Unown pop out, and subsequently a behemoth that Cathrine realizes is a ARCEUS-DAMNED GIRATINA flies into the room, before exiting through a second portal on the floor.

All five of the people there are petrified with shock. The entire set-up campsite, including the machine that seconds ago was right next to the sisters, has fallen into the second portal, which closes behind it.

And in its place... is a crying baby.

"... What." Cathrine mutters. "Well... uh. I think we've spent enough time here. You got the data you wanted, right?"

"... Yes. Yes I did. Though I get the feeling I should have left the machines back home. They were... somewhat expensive."

The baby in the center of the room, bundled up in blankets, is getting painfully loud.

"And the kid?"

"Uh... I guess we'll... take him with us."

"Yeah. The brat'll get eaten alive left out here."

After chipping away another sample and picking up the baby, the research party starts down the path they left.

... Five minutes later, they come into the exact same crossroads in their attempt to leave.

"... Well crap."

---------------

So... Yeah. New Quest. Harry Potter. Pokemon. If you're aware of my... previous... Pokemon/HP crossover, this is inspired by that. Though MOOOOSSSST of the plot from that is thrown out the window.

This one will be fairly simple, much closer to a Choose Your Own Adventure than anything else. Any fighting, unlike in KHVD, is handled automatically, and your wins and losses handled by how prepared you are for that fight beforehand.

The next few posts will basically be developing your Harry Potter as he grows up. What he's good at, what aspects of the Pokemon World he's interested in, etc, based on your choices.
Last edited by JamestheFox on October 1st, 2014, 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
Shinobi in Star Wars GM. Kyo's Data here.
Pokewizard Quest GM. Harry's Pokedex here.
JamestheFox

Location: A world beyond imagination, but just inside fantasy.

Re: Pokewizard Quest: Gotta Cast Them All!

Unread postby JAGwin » September 24th, 2014, 9:19 pm

oog: Invisitext:
Spoiler: show
She finishes grabbing things, and startles when she hears a thump, and silence… before footsteps start to sound closer and closer. Mama stops her crying, wiping away her tears, and starts moving towards you, moving to scoop you up…
“It’s going to be okay, Harry… It’s going to be okay…”
... but the wall opens up, revealing a monster.

He utters sounds, words and sentences you don’t understand.
“Step aside. I have no quarrel with you...”
Mama shakes her head and replies.
“... Take me instead, and leave.”
The monster steps forward.
“Hmph. You and I both know why that cannot happen. Now step aside… The most you can hope to do now is die and delay my victory a few seconds more.”
Mama closes her eyes. Your eyes dimly note Mama’s magic-stick sitting on the dresser, several feet away.
“I won’t step aside. You’ll have to go through me-”
Avada Kedavra.” Mama slumps, and falls out of your view. There is now only you, and the monster. You’re scared, beyond tears. He adjusts his magic-stick to aim at you.
“Foolish girl. What did she hope to accomplish?”
He eyes you a bit longer.
“Ah well, she’ll have you again presently."
"Avada Kedavra.

A flash of green light fills your vision… and the world becomes a blur of movement for what feels like forever. A giant, smelly man… a flight through the sky… and an old, somehow familiar face looking sadly at you as he sets you on the ground.
(This is the one?)
When it’s all over, you look about. It’s a very odd place. Everything seems… painfully dull and orderly… Nothing like home… Nothing like Mama and Papa…
(Indeed. It seems such a shame to leave him here. Not when there are such big things ahead...)

... before the creature flies out of sight.
(This child is perfect. What once was one, will soon be again, Giratina.)
The great creature stares at you. The world around you is a mess of blue and black, things floating about aimlessly. There are holes in the sky, with other places visible in them. It's so pretty... You wish Mama and Papa were here...
(You're certain this is the right choice? There is a reason the world was sundered...)
The two creatures are communicating. The smaller creature flies about the bigger one's head.
(It's fine. If it's this boy, so filled with love... I'm certain it'll all work out.)
The great creature nods, and the smaller one flies off, vanishing into the swirling world.
(Harrummph. You mortal legends never cease to baffle me...)
Now you are alone with the great creature, and you feel it start to speak with you, and you can finally kinda understand its words... <I apologize, little one. Alone as you are now, I must take you to somewhere beyond your... admittedly scant knowledge... I promise you now, you will find a new home... and your life will be bright. But always remember that you are destined for more...>
Out of curiosity, what prompted you to start this quest when you already have two on here that are nowhere near finished?

ig: Orange and yellow.
Last edited by JAGwin on September 24th, 2014, 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JAGwin

Location: My Secret Lab... and even I'M not entirely sure where that is.

Unread postby JamestheFox » September 24th, 2014, 9:24 pm

Because this one's plot-bunny refuses to leave me alone, and right now I'm having imagination constipation regarding the other quests.
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
JamestheFox

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » September 24th, 2014, 9:42 pm

Let's go for Orange and Yellow.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby MrRigger2 » September 24th, 2014, 10:45 pm

I want to go with Pink.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » September 25th, 2014, 2:54 am

I'm fairly certain that Pink is Mew, orange and yellow is victini, and the other combinations are the three Lake spirits.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby JamestheFox » September 27th, 2014, 7:31 pm

(You have been chosen by the incarnation of Victory, and destiny itself deigns to guide you to success in what you seek, now and then. You may not be the best thinker, or most heroic, or the best with people, or even the most versatile, but fortune favors your courage. Be brave, and seek GLORY!)

--------

"Headmaster?"

The wizened old man doesn't reply, instead staring, lost in thought, at a small clock. It had three golden hands, labeled with names...

"Albus?"

... but two have dissolved into dust.

"Albus."

The last sits, rooted in place, on "Playing."

"Albus." A hand touches the old man's shoulder, and he simply turns his head towards the woman who placed it there. "This accomplishes nothing." She says, though not unkindly.

"It lets me know that he is still safe, wherever he is." He replies. The hand has shifted a few times in the past day since he became aware that the Dursleys had not received the boy. At first he was "lost," but it eventually shifted to "traveling," and some time later to "napping." Now, however, it's practically nailed down to "playtime."

"We need more than that. It wouldn't do for us to just... abandon the boy, taking comfort in some clock's vague assurances. James and Lily wouldn't stand for it..." The woman closes her eyes, thinking. "... Sirius Black may know something about where Harry is."

Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore sighs as he stands from his desk. "No... I don't think he will." Sirius Black... Albus had trusted him, just as James and Lily had. He could scarcely believe that the man would betray his friends so completely, even with all the evidence pointing to the contrary. But the proof was as plain as day; 15 Muggles and another "best friend" slain attest to his treachery. Yet another great failure.

Black was heading directly to Azkaban. No trial had been scheduled; not with this much evidence and this many Death Eaters to sort through. It would be hard to secure an interview with him... And there are other routes yet untaken, better routes than speaking to a traitor.

He draws a quill and dips it into an inkwell, before beginning to write. "Minerva, I am going to write a list. I need you to send letters to each of these people..."

--------

"... With regards, Albus Dumbledore." Professor Ivy sets down the letter that had been concealed in the wrappings around the baby... Harry Potter.

"... So." Professor Conifer says from her position on the couch. There's crying in the other room, along with the sounds of three overworked aides trying everything they can to calm the child down. "You ever hear of a 'Dark Lord Voldemort?'"

"No."

"Yeah. Me either. Especially not one with some kind of magic or whatever." Conifer sits up. "So some kind of crazy person? Some weird cult, maybe?"

"Maybe... but that doesn't explain how in the world Harry ended up hitching a ride with a Legendary Pokemon." Ivy walks over to the computer, connecting to the Global Data Station and typing in the search engine.

"What are you doing?"

"Just searching for these names. Maybe... No... No... No... Nothing. Huh. The GDS knows nothing about this Voldemort, Dumbledore, or any Potters."

"Cuuuuuullllllllltts."

Ivy looks at her sister. "I doubt-"

"PROFESSOR! HELP! WE CAN'T REACH HIM!" One of the aides, Faith, runs in, panting.

"Faith, calm down. What's wrong?" Ivy asks. Faith gestures for the two to follow and...

Conifer stares at the ceiling. "... What."

-----------

You giggle happily, staring up... or down, maybe... at the weird lookalike girls below. You didn't like the way they were holding you, so you decided to explore. Maybe Mum's somewhere around here...

You crawl along the ceiling, as two more people come into the room through a door, which they leave open, leaving you yet another choice! Well, the...

[]OPEN WINDOW (30% chance of success)
[]threshold to a sparkly white room (50% chance of success)
[]door the two new folks came from (10% chance of success)

... looks promising. Let's go there!
[]... Eh. Maybe the new people are better at cuddling than these three. Adventure can wait.
Last edited by JamestheFox on October 1st, 2014, 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JamestheFox

Unread postby JAGwin » September 27th, 2014, 8:10 pm

[]... Eh. Maybe the new people are better at cuddling than these three. Adventure can wait.
ig: Window.
JAGwin

Unread postby MrRigger2 » September 27th, 2014, 8:48 pm

OPEN WINDOW! We need to broaden our horizons by adventuring into the great outdoors!

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

MrRigger2

Unread postby Bezzerker » September 27th, 2014, 11:52 pm

[X]threshold to a sparkly white room

We have yet to fully explore our lair, we should familiarize ourselves with our base and the resources within before we go out and conquer explore the surrounding areas
Unleash the Elements of Order and Chaos!

A Heart Born Of Darkness,
Bound Within A Body Of Light,
Ignited By A Twilight Forged Soul

What's the Canadian policy on heretics?
Gman391: Turn them into Pop sensations, and then inflict them on the American's for their sins.
Bezzerker

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » September 28th, 2014, 12:37 am

Voting for the sparkly white room. Mama could make things sparkle sometimes...
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby JamestheFox » September 28th, 2014, 2:21 pm

oog: WHHEEEEEEEE TIEGAME

*Flips a coin: Heads is OUT THE WINDOW and Tails is TO THE SPARKLY ROOM.*

TAILS IT IS!

-------------------
Success chance: 50%. Roll below 50 to succeed... 1d100=42.
You crawl along the ceiling, carefully moving over the small bump of the wall to get to the next room. Despite attempts to grab you, the silly people below can't keep up with you. FREEEEEDOOOOMMM!

The sparkly room is similar to the one Mum, Papa, and you used to eat in. Your tummy rumbles, and you decide food sounds really, really good right now.
"Macha! We need your help! The baby's crawling on the ceiling!"
There's another person in here, though. A biiiiiigg, muscular, grey guy. With four arms. Wow! You didn't know there were people like that! Maybe YOU can have four arms someday! He's wiping the counter when the others from the previous room barge in after you. They shout something to him, and he looks up.
("Huh. Didn't know humans could do that without ninja training.")
You stare at the big guy, and your tummy rumbles again. What's a baby gotta do to get some applesauce around here!?

You look about, trying to find something that looks edible. There... doesn't seem to be anything like that here. What kind of eating-place is this!?

However, as you look about, you see the big Four-Armed-Guy walk up. With one hand, he reaches up and carefully grabs you.
("Well, aren't you special, little one?")
He's surprisingly gentle as he cradles you with one arm. It hasn't stopped your tummy from rumbling, though. The big guy walks over to a door and opens it, pulling out something and pouring it into a bowl procured with yet another hand. He grabs a spoon with his final hand, and brings sweet, sweet food into your mouth.

Mmmmmmmm...

----------

"Well, at least they're keeping him fed..." Albus mutters, as the hand on the clock moves to "Snacktime"

----------

Professor Ivy blinks as Machi takes care of the baby. "Well, that was odd. Theories?"

"Cuuuuullllltttssssssss."

"Serious theories."

"Ninja training at a young age?"

"..."

"A REALLY young age."

"..."

"Okay, okay. Maybe... the letter was telling the truth?"

"That's a possibility. So how'd he end up in the Distortion World? And where'd he come from? I... don't think I've ever encountered REAL magic before. I mean... Psychics, yeah. Aura Users? Rare, but recorded. But nothing is QUITE magic. Like, real 'do ANYTHING' magic. There's always RULES, observable ones."

"That's true. Maybe we should talk to the other Professors about all this? Maybe someone knows something we don't."

"Maybe... but in the meantime... what are we gonna do with him?" Ivy points at the baby, who is now asleep in the Machamp's arms. "I can't stay here forever, sis. I've got work to do back on Valencia Island. And my assistants and I probably can't handle a baby on top of... well, everything." She sighs.

"Wishing you still had that Brock guy around?" Conifer shakes her head. "It's too bad, but it wasn't gonna work out, sis. You wanted an housekeeper, he wanted... well, more, I guess."

"I know."

("There. Fast asleep.") The Machamp smiles as she walks over to hand Harry off to Professor Ivy. She frowns down at the child, and suddenly makes a snap decision.

"How about you let him live here?"

"Wait, what?" Conifer mutters. "Ooooh no. Nonono. You ain't saddling me with a brat. Not a damn chance."

"Well, it might not be you that gets saddled. Machi here seems to be pretty good with kids." Conifer grumbles a bit at that, and Ivy smirks, going in harder. "Think of it as... an investment. You've been needing help for your research. Give it a few years, and you'll have an extra hand around the house. Someone you can communicate with and who can learn from you. And once he's old enough to go on a Pokemon Journey, he can be your errand-boy."

"... Ugh. What other options do we have? I'm not gonna toss him in an orphanage. That risks us losing track of him, and I... don't like the idea of letting some magical superbaby run unchecked. He could turn into a supervillain or something."

"Soooooo..." Ivy smirks.

"..." Conifer sighs. "So, I'll take care of him. Damnit."

----------

Albus raises an eyebrow as, a few days after his search for Harry began in earnest, the clock hand shifts, and stops on "Home."

----------

Your name is Harry Conifer... Or perhaps, Harry Potter.

You've spent almost your entire life here at the Floe Island Research Center, taken care of by Machi, Professor Confier's Machamp (you eventually learned that despite all appearances, Machi is a girl), and occasionally by the Professor herself.

You recently learned that, almost 5 years ago, you popped out of a portal to the Distortion World, and were found in the Lost Cave by Professor Conifer and her sister, the Orange Islands' own Philena Ivy (formerly Conifer). She showed you a letter after you somehow teleported from the bath Machi was trying to put you in all the way to the kitchen, scaring the guests the Professor had brought over. Apparently, you have some kind of magic power, that not even she understands. It explains the weird things that happen around you... But it raises all sorts of other questions.

You're not sure what to make of it... but you're certain that...

(Select Two. The two with the highest number of votes wins. You may use both of your votes on a single choice.)
[] No matter what, Conifer is still your mother, and you love each other dearly.
[] This power comes with a great responsibility. You have to become better at controlling this.
[] Somewhere out there is someone who knows more about all this. Someday, you WILL find them.

Today, the two of you are heading out to the Conifer Research Ranch. It's your first time venturing to a place so full of Pokemon. Sure, you've seen them around town, even a battle once or twice (this is a region that is mostly restricted to Champions and other such powerful trainers, so of course there's some seriously high-tension battles), but...

(Select One)
[] ... most Pokemon scare you, so you've kept your distance. You've been dreading this trip since you were told about it.
[] ... you're excited to see so many species all gathered in one place! You want to be over there already!
Last edited by JamestheFox on October 1st, 2014, 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JamestheFox

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » September 28th, 2014, 2:27 pm

[X] No matter what, Conifer is still your mother, and you love each other dearly.
[X] This power comes with a great responsibility. You have to become better at controlling this.

[X] ... you're excited to see so many species all gathered in one place! You want to be over there already!
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby JAGwin » September 28th, 2014, 3:02 pm

Success chance: 50%. Roll below 50 to succeed... 1d100=42.

The sparkly room is similar to the one Mama, Papa, and you used to eat in. Your tummy rumbles, and you decide food sounds really, really good right now.
"Macha! We need your help! The baby's crawling on the ceiling!"
There's another person in here, though. A biiiiiigg, muscular, grey guy. With four arms. Wow! You didn't know there were people like that! Maybe YOU can have four arms someday! He's wiping the counter when the others from the previous room barge in after you. They shout something to him, and he looks up.
("Huh. Didn't know humans could do that without ninja training.")

However, as you look about, you see the big Four-Armed-Guy walk up. With one hand, he reaches up and carefully grabs you.
("Well, aren't you special, little one?")
ig: [X] No matter what, Conifer is still your mother, and you love each other dearly.
[X] This power comes with a great responsibility. You have to become better at controlling this.

[X] ... you're excited to see so many species all gathered in one place! You want to be over there already!
JAGwin

Unread postby MrRigger2 » September 28th, 2014, 3:13 pm

[X] Somewhere out there is someone who knows more about all this. Someday, you WILL find them.

MrRigger

MrRigger2

Unread postby Bezzerker » September 28th, 2014, 4:42 pm

[X] No matter what, Conifer is still your mother, and you love each other dearly.

Gman391: Turn them into Pop sensations, and then inflict them on the American's for their sins.
Bezzerker

Unread postby JamestheFox » October 1st, 2014, 2:38 pm

OoG:

[3] No matter what, Conifer is still your mother, and you love each other dearly.
[4] This power comes with a great responsibility. You have to become better at controlling this.
[1] Somewhere out there is someone who knows more about all this. Someday, you WILL find them.

And you're unanimously excited about meeting so many new Pokemon. Aww, no one wanted to be the weirdo that doesn't like Pokemon?

--------------------------------------------------------

The strange power you have is rare, and unknown to the world. Certainly, it's done mostly harmless things so far; sticking to walls and ceilings, teleporting, your hair growing back after a haircut...

But from what you understand, someone... "Voldemort," the letter had called him... had used this same power to hurt people.

As is, you have no idea how to control your "magic," but it seems to come out more easily if you're under duress of some sort. If it can hurt others, you need to take it seriously, and learn how to leash it. Otherwise... who knows what could happen?

"Oi, short stuff!" Professor Conifer... no... your mom calls out to you, snapping you out of those thoughts. "You've been trailing~. I know it's a pretty long walk. Need a break?"

"No, just..." You were distressed and worried at first when she explained that she wasn't your... real mother... but it passed quickly. It doesn't matter where you come from. Nothing has changed. She's still your mom. "... I love you, you know?"

She looks a bit surprised by the sudden announcement, but gives you a smile, before scooping you up and tickling you. "Geez, how does such a little guy get his head stuck in the clouds so much, huh?"

"Heh-hey! S-stop iheeeheheheheeaahahahaaaa!" She laughs with you as she sets you down, and pulls you into a hug.

"Love you too, you airhead! Come on. The ranch is just around the corner."

Your smile widens. You've been WAITING for this, for as long as you can remember. Hundreds of trained Pokemon donating their time to be researched, all in one place! Who knows what kind of rare species are waiting!? "Can I see the..."

[] Pick a Pokemon Type. You have three votes. Top 3 win.

"... first!?"

"Sure, sure!"

---------------

"Lemon drop?" Albus pushes a small bowl of yellow sweets across his desk. Sitting across from him is a man in a very well made suit, with wrists adorned with cuffs chained to two masked wizards behind him with wands at ease, yet twitching.

"No, thank you," the man replies. "I would prefer we cut to the chase. You want me to find something. Or someone."

Albus nods. "It was surprisingly hard to get a hold of you."

"The Department of Mysteries does worry about what can be done with my gift. Wouldn't do for the wrong sort to find the wrong things. Better safe than sorry, I suppose."

"So your 'gift' is real, then, Mr. Dodgson?" The dark-clothed man standing next to and behind Albus asks.

"I wouldn't be here if it wasn't, Mr. Snape. So, what can I find for you?"

Albus frowns. "This remains secret as secret can be."

Mr. Dodgson waves him off. "Aye, I was told as much. Get on with it."

"... Harry Potter."

"I see. Lost the tyke, then? Well then... Should be easy enough." The man brushes his well-trimmed brown hair with his hand. "We got a mirror around here? Or a reflective surface of any kind?"

"Every force we've called upon to track him has assured us of the same thing... to no results." Mr. Snape sneers, even as Albus levitates a fairly large mirror from another room.

"I doubt I'll meet the same fate," Mr. Dodgson smirks as he cracks his knuckles and walks over to the mirror (followed by his guards), placing his fingers on the edges of it. "Alright... let's take a look through the looking glass..."

A few seconds pass, and the reflection of Mr. Dodgson's face fades, and the mirror becomes utterly blank. A few more pass, and the reflection becomes of a starry sky, constantly shifting colors.

"There. Tracking him now. Though... it's probably gonna be harder to actually reach the lad."

"What makes you say that?" Albus asks, his face nothing but idle curiosity.

"This remains secret as secret can be, Mr. Dumbledore, Mr. Snape." Mr. Dodgson turns, keeping one hand on the mirror, and gives a lopsided grin. "I'd have found him by now, if he was in this dimension."
JamestheFox

Unread postby JAGwin » October 1st, 2014, 4:09 pm

Psychic is my first choice (I think we're allowed to choose three, not sure if I read that right). After that, Fairy and, uh... Normal. Yes, versatile Normal.
JAGwin

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » October 1st, 2014, 4:13 pm

Fire, Fire and Bug are my three votes.

Edit: Changed my votes, and have confirmed with James that we can apply each of our three votes to the same type if we so wish.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby MrRigger2 » October 1st, 2014, 4:26 pm

Water, because Water-Types make for awesome Pokemon, Electric-Types, because we have a lightning boat scar, and then Water-Types again because seriously, they're the most common type and you can find a Water-Type to suit just about any need.

MrRigger

EDIT: Switching my votes to Water, Water, Water. Because Water Pokemon are awesome.
Last edited by MrRigger2 on October 1st, 2014, 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrRigger2

Unread postby Bezzerker » October 1st, 2014, 4:28 pm

My three votes are for:

Flying x2 (Harry's natural affinity for flight himself)

Fairy (Reflecting Harry's magical abilities)

EDIT: Changed to double vote Flying
Last edited by Bezzerker on October 1st, 2014, 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bezzerker

Unread postby JAGwin » October 1st, 2014, 4:34 pm

Hm... Changing vote to Psychic, Psychic and Fairy.
JAGwin

Unread postby gamebrain89 » October 1st, 2014, 7:07 pm

Fire, Flying, Flying. TALONFLAME SUCKAS.
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Unread postby JamestheFox » October 1st, 2014, 9:28 pm

OoG:
Okay, in order from highest number of votes (in tiebreakers, number of people voting for the option breaks ties) to lowest number of votes, the top three are...
Flying: 4 Votes, two people.
Fire: 3 votes, two people.
Water: 3 Votes, one person.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Annnnd gotcha." Mr. Dodgson smiles as he steps away from the mirror, revealing a young boy walking down a road with an older woman. Snape sneers at a head of jet black hair that is messy, as though he barely bothers to comb it. Albus glances at the lightning-bolt scar that sits near the very center of his forehead.

But both finally settle their gaze on the eyes. Gentle green eyes look, unclouded and unobstructed, at the world around him, joyful and excited. No sound comes from the mirror, but he speaks happily with the woman, pointing at things Albus could not see.

Albus sighs, mostly in relief, his eyes twinkling. "... I'll admit, this is a much better protection than anything I could have planned. You said... another dimension? I had thought such things were merely theoretical?"

"Theoretical as grass being green, Mr. Dumbledore. Though the Department of Mysteries doesn't like it being known. But eh, if you've got the clearance to know about me... I'm sure they'll only slap me on the wrist for snitching."

"Is there any way to go to that dimension, and collect him?" Albus asks.

Mr. Dodgson shrugs. "If they do, they ain't telling me. Now... Without my intervention, this mirror should keep showing your lad for a few minutes longer. I don't make permanent looking glasses... not since the incident where I-erk!" He grunts in pain as the cuffs spark. "Aye, aye, I get it. Dead men tell no tales. Too bad, though, it's quite a tale. Anywho, unless you want me to hang around indefinitely, which I think you'll have to negotiate with the Department over, this is the best I can do for you."

"I understand. Thank you for your service, Mr. Dodgson." Albus smiles, looking at the child through the looking glass...

---------------

You stare around you in the Bird Coop, the section of the Ranch specifically built for Flying Type Pokemon.

"Wowwww..." You say as you watch a huge Pelipper flying in to roost from the coastline. And is that a Xatu!? And-and-and a TALONFLAME! Woooowwwwwwwwwww...

"Coo!" "Coo!" A number of Pidove flock from a small nest and land on you, just about covering your upper body.

"Great, Harry. They seem to really like you! Just stay like that for a few seconds!" Mom says as she starts taking measurements, both with measuring tape and with a Pokedex. "... Mmmmhmmmm... Mmhmm... Ummm...huhhh... Mmmmhmmmm..."

You stand there, a bit uncomfortably, as the flock of baby Pidove sit on every surface of your body they can. You feel one tugging at your hair and- oh, oh dear, one's poking it's beak around your ear! Stop! That's tickling!

"... And done! You've got quite a healthy brood, Unfeazant!"

"...hehehehe..." You can barely keep from guffawing. You think your twitching is only encouraging the birds to poke at you more!

"You alright in there, Harry?"

"Hehehehehahahahaha!" You finally start to chortle with unbridled laughter, and the birds suddenly jump off of you as you collapse, but they flap near to you, continuing their merciless tickling. "Hahahahahhahahahahehehe-c-can't breathe-"

Mom shakes her head, and smiles. "Okay, okay, that's enough. You can play with him again later. We've got more places to go!" The mother of the brood comes closer, her chirps steering the babies away.

You finish laughing, taking deep breaths, and get up. "Wow, I've never seen so many..."

"Well, of course. This place is as much a breeding facility as a research center. Heck, I'd say the two go hand in hand in this case..."

You smile and wave as the Pidove fly off with their mother. It's really amazing, how high they can go. For a long time, you've had dreams of flying among them-

"Come on, we've got a lot of ground to cover if we're gonna finish up the Bird Coop before dinner."

"Awww..." You whine, tearing your eyes away from the flying family.

"... Hey, if we finish fast, I've got a surprise for you..."

"Okay!"

---------------------

"Ready?"

You nod, adjusting the flight goggles your mom got you (part of a Flying Suit), gripping on tight. Your ride grunts, and you loosen up just a little. Y-you're not scared, quite the opposite, bu-but-

"Okay, here we GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

You give a scream as the Dragonite you and Mom are riding LAUNCHES into the sky. You close your eyes and for one weightless second entertain the possibility that you might actually die here. But that second passes, and when you open your eyes, you're so, so high up. You can see ocean in every direction, distant boats coming and going from the other Sevii Islands. The towns look like toy sets, and you stare with awe.

The Dragonite gives a small cry as it dashes through the sky, darting right into a cloud. You gasp as you come out the other side, and give a huge smile, hanging on tight the dragon slows to a hover.

"Ready for more?"

"U-uh huh!"

"Alright, short stuff, hang on TIGHT! Dragonite... AGILITYYYYYYYYYY!!!"

You scream with equal parts joy and fright as you hit levels of speed that, in another world, would make the makers of certain brooms blush. Twists, turns, spins, and loop-de-loops, speeding through the sky like you OWN it!

And then the Dragonite dives straight down, towards the ocean below, accelerating, moving at breakneck speeds. You hold on tight to as the ocean comes closer and closer and-

"EXTREMESPEED!"

---------

For a few seconds, the clock hand with Harry's name on it shifts from "Playtime" to "Mortal Peril" and keeps jumping between the two, as though uncertain which is actually happening.

---------

"WWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" You and your mom give dual triumphant screams as you speed over the ocean, passing a boat, before turning back towards the Ranch.

---------

The next few days are spent looking over the rest of the Ranch's Pokemon, checking newborns, ensuring that the Pokemon are safe and sound. Certainly, the ranch had plenty of men and woman to look after the Pokemon residing within, but you knew Mom always preferred to personally check in.

You have plenty of adventures, and encounter all sorts of Pokemon in the ranch, but you're certain that you'll remember that first day more than any other.

---------

A few months later, you find yourself mostly home alone while Mom has business in the Kanto Region. Left mostly to your own devices (Machi is still around), you spend time wandering the house and jumping on your mom's bed (it's SO BOUNCY!).

You spend some time looking on the GDS for advice that might help you learn how to control your magic. You read for a bit, but it's so hard to read sometimes aaaannnnd now you're bored. You start looking for more things to do when you find...

(Select One.)
[] Some old videotapes Mom has tucked away in a closet, labeled "51th Indigo Grand Festival"
[] Some of Mom's research notes. "Passed down Traits of Pokemon, and The Effects of Materials on Them (501st Revision)"
[] An empty Pokeball and Official Pokemon League Hat (mint condition!).
[] A scrapbook Mom keeps on a shelf.
JamestheFox

Unread postby MrRigger2 » October 1st, 2014, 9:36 pm

[X] Some of Mom's research notes. "Passed down Traits of Pokemon, and The Effects of Materials on Them (501st Revision)"

Perhaps we could learn something about where our magic comes from from these? People are like Pokemon, right?

MrRigger

MrRigger2

Return to “%s” Quests