Kaitou Quest

"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?" Quests are Play By Post Games with collectively controlled protagonists. Join in and have fun!

Kaitou Quest

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » April 11th, 2015, 8:45 pm

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to our magic show! Tonight's entertainment shall be the adventures of the one, the only... Kaitou Kiiid!
Before we begin, a brief introduction to the system here.
There are many Truths:
A keyword is something important, or something with unusual or specific meaning, such as Pandora.
An absolute truth is something that you know for certain, such as Kuroba Kaito is the Kaitou Kid.
An observation or deduction is something that is true as far as you know, such as Edogawa Conan is not a normal child.
A belief is one of your core convictions, such as your father was murdered.
An opinion is thoughts, emotions, and, well, opinions, such as Nakamori Aoko is your friend.
Options will be in this colour. Expanding on a course of action is encouraged; do something else is the write-in option.
Now then, on with the show!

"Perfect."
You have found your next target: a golden bracelet set with rubies, owned by the wife of a high-level government official. She wears it almost everywhere, even to sleep, adding an extra spice to the challenge.
Their name is Yamauchi, making the riddle a simple matter.
Upon its day, as brightest moon
Rises over mountains' home,
From within them will I steal
Gold set 'round with blood.

That gives you about a week to plot and plan.
So... how shall the Kaitou Kid accomplish this heist?

-Try to lure the woman outside.
-Use your civilian identity's connections with the police force to suggest that she remove and conceal it.
-Steal it straight off her wrist inside her own home.
-Use your charm to convince her to give it to you.
-Do something else.
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Re: Kaitou Quest

Unread postby Ristridin » April 13th, 2015, 5:25 pm

ooc: That's... different. The colours sound a bit like a thing I've heard about Umineko no Naku Koro ni. As with KHVD, I don't have knowledge of the setting involved; I hope that's not a problem. I assume the riddle is self-made and not actually relevant? Something he sends to the police, taunting them (mountain being related to yama, if I may trust google translate)?

ic: -Steal it straight off her wrist inside her own home.

Sounds like a fun challenge.

Edit: Also fits the riddle. From within their house, we will steal.
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny Manual
Ristridin

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » April 13th, 2015, 7:43 pm

1. The colours system does originate from Umineko no Naku Koro ni; my baby brother modified it for a Quest he is running (Puellae Votum Malevolum on Sufficient Velocity, for the interested), and I modified it further to suit this Quest.
2. I will do my best to present all necessary information in the Quest, so that unfamiliarity with the setting is not a problem.
3. The riddle is, indeed, a taunt sent to the police; you do not need to worry about it overmuch, it is just for fun. It actually refers to the name - Yamauchi means "within the mountains" - so as long as you steal the bracelet, you have fulfilled your promise.
4. That makes one vote for stealing it off her wrist; Bookworm, who is having trouble logging in, has requested that I count him as voting for luring her outside. Anyone else?
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby JamestheFox » April 14th, 2015, 7:14 pm

I'm in.

- Try to lure the woman outside.
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
Shinobi in Star Wars GM. Kyo's Data here.
Pokewizard Quest GM. Harry's Pokedex here.
JamestheFox

Location: A world beyond imagination, but just inside fantasy.

Unread postby bookworm702 » April 22nd, 2015, 10:02 pm

Try to lure the woman outside.
bookworm702

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » May 13th, 2015, 5:32 pm

Apologies for the long delay; I blame illness and poor planning.
---
You decide to attempt to lure the woman outside. This will require some research and planning, but you leave that for another day.
After all, you have school tomorrow.

Ekoda High seems ordinary on the surface, but your class is anything but. After all, it contains a witch, a detective, and, well, you.
In public, of course, you do not admit to being a thief - but you do admit to being a skilled stage magician.
As usual, you walk to school with Nakamori Aoko, your childhood friend. She greets you cheerfully, and you smile back. Today is a bright sunny day, a few clouds decorating the sky; the sort of day that would put anyone in a good mood.
Except, that is, Hakuba Saguru.
As you arrive at the school gates, you notice him standing there, scowling at a piece of paper.

-Ignore him and talk to Aoko.
-Tease him.
-Pull a magic trick to cheer him up.
-Innocently ask what has him so irritated.
-Do something else.
Last edited by Aldraia Dragonsong on May 14th, 2015, 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby JamestheFox » May 14th, 2015, 12:17 am

-Pull a magic trick to cheer him up.
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
Shinobi in Star Wars GM. Kyo's Data here.
Pokewizard Quest GM. Harry's Pokedex here.
JamestheFox

Location: A world beyond imagination, but just inside fantasy.

Return to “%s” Quests