Introductions, and Some Praise

Introductions, and Some Praise

Unread postby GhostHeart » November 21st, 2014, 10:22 pm

Hi, guys. I'm new here, and I just got finished reading Chapter 39 from fanfiction.net. I'm not going to sit here and whine for the author to get another chapter up. As long as it's done before the author dies, I'll be happy.

This fanfiction is excellent. Because it's so good, I'm not even going to waste time praising it. I read it all in a frenzy of three days, and loved every second of it. To be frank, most of my fanfiction reading is of the more... adult variety, and as such I'm into shipping as much as any romantically-inclined Harry Potter fan. Luckily, my "ships" have never much strayed from canon, the Ron/Hermione one being a must for any Harry Potter fanfiction I read. I will say, I was never a Luna/Neville guy before, but this story has so many cute moments between the two that it's really changing my mind on that ship.

I don't know what else to say. The story is just amazing, though I do have two concerns. I'm not a terribly huge fan of Harry telling, basically, everyone who they ended up with in the original timeline. If Hermione does grow to love Ron (more than she already does), will she take that as a natural extension of her own feelings, or as a preordained decision she's just a slave to? She's too smart to not eventually wonder about this. And the same with Ginny in relation to Harry, though I've never been as keen on that one.

Secondly, Harry's foreknowledge of events is only as useful as events stay the same, as Harry has considered while changing certain events. I'm feeling that the more he prepares himself and others for the "future" he experienced, the more unprepared they'll be for the actual future they'll experience. I'm not sure that Harry's considering this as seriously as he should be. I'm not sure what I'd have him do, and this is by no way a critique of the actual writing, but I feel he's just doing something off about this.

Anyway, this story is amazing, and frankly, well-worth any wait while the author lives his own life and deals with the jobs, families, and problems that we all deal with.
GhostHeart

Re: Introductions, and Some Praise

Unread postby HawkSoup » November 23rd, 2014, 11:29 pm

Sometimes it is hard being patient for the next chapter. But we can keep guessing what michael got in mind. Besides there are other time travelling stories out there. I do like the Neville/Luna pairing although a Neville/Ginny pairing would be okay too. I once read a short story with a Neville/Fleur pairing.(entertaining, sweet, but not that believable)

not everything is a butterfly effect for the worse. I bet moldyshorts is going more batty on what is going on.
HawkSoup

Return to “%s” Harry Potter and the Nightmares of Futures Past