CH 40

CH 40

Unread postby UpdateFast » September 9th, 2013, 3:53 pm

Any chance for an update soon? I don't see anything posted in the progress bar on the homepage. You got me addicted on this book and was disappointed that it hasn't been updated in a year.
UpdateFast

Re: CH 40

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » September 9th, 2013, 7:06 pm

Patience. Viridian has real life to deal with; unless you feel like footing all his bills so he can stay at home and write all day?
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby motrcolt » December 15th, 2013, 12:10 am

Not trying to press the matter as i am newly introduced to this work. I can claim to know anything about his situation past the fact that i along with im sure all of you would love to see this work continued. I realize he has updated his work on this piece in over a year now but i was wondering when the last time he posted what his plans were. Being 0% complete with chapter 40 as it says on the website im not trying to act impatient but just trying to get a grasp for if he has stated his intents at anytime recently.
motrcolt

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » December 15th, 2013, 3:37 pm

Please read the post directly above yours.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby FullofSeoul » December 15th, 2013, 8:30 pm

Viridian swaps between Team 8, his Naruto Fanfic, with Harry Potter and the Nightmares of Futures Past.
He recently finished Team 8's newest chapter and NoFP is next on his list. Just be patient, he has his own life and job to deal with.

I dare say that writing fanfiction isn't high on his important list of things to do.
FullofSeoul

Unread postby gwillen » June 12th, 2014, 7:17 pm

Patience. Viridian has real life to deal with; unless you feel like footing all his bills so he can stay at home and write all day?
I actually wonder if Viridian might want to look into Patreon? You can have people make donations either monthly, or contingent on the creation of new content, like "$50 for each new fic chapter" or whatever. I would definitely make a per-chapter pledge. (I don't think you can limit to a particular fic without making multiple accounts, but I at least would happily donate per chapter-of-anything, even though I only read NOFP.)
gwillen

Unread postby HawkSoup » September 14th, 2014, 3:00 pm

Any chance for an update soon? I don't see anything posted in the progress bar on the homepage. You got me addicted on this book and was disappointed that it hasn't been updated in a year.
I tried the update bar but it looks like it was taken down.
HawkSoup

Unread postby Wyrade » November 13th, 2014, 9:44 pm

Hi!
If I may ask, around how much are those bills exactly?
Wyrade

Unread postby fanF1cfaN » December 11th, 2014, 4:30 pm

I don't have any firm ground to stand on if I criticize the rate of chapter posting. I dabbled in a very few stories on fanfiction.net but ended up taking down the one longer piece I started because my fires went out. I still think the story would have been a good one, but in the end, motivation dried up. So I can appreciate that writing a piece on the scale of NoFP is a LOT of WORK.

I greatly enjoyed JKR's series and was sad that it ever ended. For what it's worth, I consider Matthew's NoFP to be right up there with the original works. While the whole 'travel back in time to fix things' idea is anything but original, I think Matthew did an excellent job of putting a fresh and artistic coat of paint on it. His story has maintained my interest over the several years since I started reading it. If he says he is still going to keep working on it (Uncertain employment is uncertain!), that's good enough for me. Gotta say, though, that the indication of ZERO progress to date is troubling.
fanF1cfaN

Unread postby YumaMan9 » January 7th, 2015, 10:06 pm

I'm really looking forward to the next chapter, but I completely understand that you must deal with personal life first. I think it's worth the wait! :biggrin:
YumaMan9

Unread postby DeviousLuxray » January 7th, 2015, 10:23 pm

I'm sorry Kit but people are going to be a little bit impatient when it's been over 2 and a half years since the last update, we get he has a life but it's been a very very long time. And I'm willing to bet that if there would have already been a funding project like on patron we'd all be chipping in to give him the ability/more time to write. At this point I'm just not very hopeful.
DeviousLuxray

Unread postby WarriorDrgnMage » January 9th, 2015, 2:35 am

The Zero progress thing was/is worrying to me as well. But I try to remember this wouldn't be the first time that that thing broke....!
WarriorDrgnMage

AOL: WarriorDrgnMage

Unread postby HawkSoup » January 12th, 2015, 1:35 pm

maybe we can enjoy other fanficton stories on fanfiction.net in the meantime. Also there are interactive stories on writing.com too. There are a few Harry Potter stories there. If there is not one that you like, if you register, you can create your one.
HawkSoup

Unread postby runsamok » January 22nd, 2015, 1:52 am

You will all be happy to note that there is progress on Chapter 40 for the first time in a long long while... :yuush:
Sincerely,
Lindsey Schocke (aka Runsamok)

"In the penny jar of life, I want to be a quarter."
runsamok

Unread postby DoctorNutter » January 24th, 2015, 6:52 pm

Great news! Can't wait to read Chapter 40 when it comes
DoctorNutter

Unread postby DeviousLuxray » January 27th, 2015, 8:23 pm

You will all be happy to note that there is progress on Chapter 40 for the first time in a long long while... :yuush:
Guess the progress bar is broken or something -__-;
DeviousLuxray

Unread postby rbear1231 » January 28th, 2015, 4:42 am

does crazy 'Happy Dance' :biggrin:
rbear1231

Unread postby runsamok » January 28th, 2015, 5:37 am

The progress bar on the blog should be updating with word counts..
Sincerely,
Lindsey Schocke (aka Runsamok)

"In the penny jar of life, I want to be a quarter."
runsamok

Unread postby RavynousHunter » February 15th, 2015, 7:54 pm

I know I'm quite a bit late, but would bringing celebratory wine still be acceptable?
RavynousHunter

Unread postby viridian » February 20th, 2015, 9:46 pm

I know I'm quite a bit late, but would bringing celebratory wine still be acceptable?
Pop the cork, because it's up! :cheers:
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Unread postby MrRigger2 » February 20th, 2015, 9:48 pm

There's only one thing to say. It's back.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Return to “%s” Harry Potter and the Nightmares of Futures Past