Dumbledor

Dumbledor

Unread postby rbear1231 » November 30th, 2014, 11:42 pm

ok i have been wanting to say this along time.

dumbles is an idiot.

he has a big strong heart but, he forgets, not everyone is born good.

tommy boy is an clear example, his mother was an offspring of insane incest, that in it self will effect any part of her child normal violance, or superiourity/ inferiority complexes.

ad in his father, think about what you saw he was rude uncaring,SoB. without his anger of magic. he was just a dick.

combine those two things mommas unstable bloodline with that of the father, add in the orphanage. if he had inferiourity problems that would come out fast.

by the time he was 11 he had been bullying and hurting people, and its clear he enjoyed it. power over another with no punishment.

dumbles knew this and he 'hoped' he 'wished' to help the troubled lad.

well you can wish in one hand and crap in the other, see which one gets filled first.

Harry wants a lot of the old man.
wisdom
knowledge
advise

but he cant get those untill harry can one this

Harry NEEDS to be able to trust the old man. and he cant not yet.

the need is moe important the the want.

so how dose harry get that trust?
rbear1231

Re: Dumbledor

Unread postby Dechstreme » May 11th, 2015, 11:55 am

One, Tom Riddle Jr. didn't have an inferiority complex. He's always had an overinflated ego even when he was a child. He didn't even KNOW his father was a muggle until he met his only living uncle, and he disdained his mother because he thought SHE was the Muggle because she died. His arrogance only got WORSE when he learned he had wizarding blood in him.

And two, what did you expect Dumbledore to do? Yeah, lot of people dropped the ball with Voldemort, but just because he thought Tom Riddle was going to be trouble in the future didn't mean that he could predict that he'd become British Wizard Hitler. And Dumbledore has an entire armoire of personal issues bogging him down and affecting how he does things. His own fear of wielding authority is one such problem as it kept him from preventing a lot of corruption from happening.

So, no, he's not an idiot. He just has some big flaws that made things blow in everyone's faces in the long run.
Dechstreme

Yahoo Messenger: dechstreme@yahoo.com

Unread postby RavynousHunter » May 12th, 2015, 8:51 pm

Honestly, he's got a lot more problems than simply screwing up with Voldemort. He might not be the arrogant, manipulative prick he's occasionally displayed as in fanfic, but he's...not even half as smart as he thinks he is. First off, not one, but two people told him how utter shite the Dursleys were as people...and he still stuck infant Harry with them instead of maybe giving him to Remus or the Weasleys. In Book 6, he revealed that he was well aware of their abusing Harry, and its implied that he knew this for quite some time...and did exactly fuck all. I can't recall a time where he actively encouraged Harry, a literal child of freaking prophecy, to improve his magical skills as quickly as he could before Voldemint came back. Why? He thought he'd spoil his childhood or some shit, completely missing the fact that a lack of preparation on Harry's part could leave him dead in a gutter somewhere and leave Old Snake Face in charge. Dumblydoor isn't a moron, but he isn't some brilliant mastermind, either. If I had to rate his competency as a general and as a person, I'd rate him at a D+: he's got some strongsuits, but he screws up so often, and so egregiously, that his fuckups overshadow his skills.
RavynousHunter

Unread postby LadyCersei » June 29th, 2015, 7:06 am

You seem to forget the reason Dumbledore had Harry live with the Dursleys for all these years even though he knew they where abusive. Harry is still protected by the magic of his mother as long as he lives with a blood-relative (aka Petunia). This protection would not be if he lived with somebody else. So Dumbledore has a very good reason for leaving him there. And I guess... the way they behaved was probably the best he could get...
LadyCersei

Unread postby Bezzerker » June 30th, 2015, 6:51 pm

While this is purely speculation on my part, it could be that if Dumbledore tried, either personally or through a representative, to change the Dursley's behavior towards Harry that they would no longer be considered to have taken Harry into their home due to the bonds of family, which would have voided the blood protections.

This is of course something I've made up, but I feel that it could explain why Dumbledore kept sending Harry back, for at least a part of the summer, to the Dursley's despite the almost certainty that he knew what the Dursley's were doing.

...Could even be a prompt for a short story; Dumbledore having to resist going in and verbally demolishing the Dursley's for their despicable behavior, having to keep Snape from going after them as well for daring to harm Lily's child; heck, that could be why Dumbledore sent Hagrid to pick up Harry in the first place, because Hagrid was the only person who wouldn't accidentally break the Blood Protection).

I haven't fleshed this theory out yet, but it seems like it has some potential merit to it.
Unleash the Elements of Order and Chaos!

A Heart Born Of Darkness,
Bound Within A Body Of Light,
Ignited By A Twilight Forged Soul

What's the Canadian policy on heretics?
Gman391: Turn them into Pop sensations, and then inflict them on the American's for their sins.
Bezzerker

Return to “%s” Harry Potter and the Nightmares of Futures Past