Crowning Moments of Awesome in Nightmares of Futures Past

Re: Crowning Moments of Awesome in Nightmares of Futures Pas

Unread postby rbear1231 » October 29th, 2015, 12:00 am

This from Ginny in chapter 41:
Spoiler: show
"That reminds me. I wanted to ask you about broom cupboards."

"Broom. Cupboards," Charlie choked out.

"Yes, broom cupboards," Ginny confirmed. "Which ones are the most comfortable? Which ones don't get checked as often? I heard you were quite the lady's man in your day, so I figured you would know."

"You don't need to know about that!" Charlie hissed, and gave Harry a filthy look for good measure.

"What?" Ginny asked, clearly scandalized, "Do you want me to get caught shagging Harry?"
'nuff said. :-)

in my defence my list came out before this chapter.
rbear1231

Unread postby Dechstreme » December 19th, 2015, 2:52 pm

What list?
Dechstreme

Yahoo Messenger: dechstreme@yahoo.com

Unread postby thrawnca » September 22nd, 2016, 10:41 pm

Personally, I'm quite amused by Professor Slughorn's smackdown to Pansy Parkinson:
Spoiler: show
"Young lady, do you see the sum I have written on this slip of parchment?"

"Yes. I mean, yes professor."

"That may or may not be around the sum I am paid, on a yearly basis, to fulfil my employment contract with Hogwarts. I made roughly three times as much for a dozen or so hours of work last term… merely for being polite to someone you have dismissed as being worthless to know. Now which one of us is the better Slytherin?"
thrawnca

Unread postby DeviousLuxray » September 30th, 2016, 11:47 pm

"That reminds me. I wanted to ask you about broom cupboards."

"Broom. Cupboards," Charlie choked out.

"Yes, broom cupboards," Ginny confirmed. "Which ones are the most comfortable? Which ones don't get checked as often? I heard you were quite the lady's man in your day, so I figured you would know."

"You don't need to know about that!" Charlie hissed, and gave Harry a filthy look for good measure.

"What?" Ginny asked, clearly scandalized, "Do you want me to get caught shagging Harry?"
Whelp there's gonna be a better one when Harry gets dragged into a broom closet XD
DeviousLuxray

Unread postby thrawnca » December 9th, 2018, 7:47 pm

This is more of a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming, but I really like the scene on Ginny's first train trip to Hogwarts, where she appears at Harry's compartment and tells everyone to "Grab your wands and follow me!" and they go rescue Luna.

It's just a small thing in the context of the story, but for me, it epitomises how far they've come. In Ginny's first timeline, she was all alone at this point, having spent a year without her brothers, and feeling isolated even when going to the same place as them. Now, she has a group of people whom she knows she can call on for help, at any time, without question; she can just say "Grab your wands and come!" and they'll jump up and come. That makes me happy :)
thrawnca

Return to “%s” Harry Potter and the Nightmares of Futures Past