Thoughts on Cats and Snakes...

Thoughts on Cats and Snakes...

Unread postby herbycanopy » May 15th, 2010, 5:57 pm

Great story I see it has not been updated in around 6 months though...I do hope it is not abandoned.

I also wonder what happened to Ron's cat, it seems that he can "see" animanguses and I think I remember something about cruckshanks (sorry SP) treating some other animal the same way he treated Peter. I wonder if there might be another person living as an animal for some reason.

I must admit that I do not like the way the Slytherins are getting away with everything. Why is there not any "payback"...They have tried to kill Harry and Ginny, they have tried to do real harm to the Gryffindor Six, they have killed one student and where holding one "hostage"! In the real world police and the prosecutors can press charges and make investigations when the people involved do not want to especially when attempted murder of a public hero is involved or a possible murder of a child. I think that this Harry would do something because he KNOWS that some of them will become DEs and he would not risk them killing someone else he likes.

Also I did find one typo in your writing...would you like to to find it again? It was in chapter 37.
herbycanopy

Re: Thoughts on Cats and Snakes...

Unread postby WarriorDrgnMage » May 17th, 2010, 6:52 pm

While your certainly right about this Harry be more of a 'go to' type guy there's no proof of exactly who killed Melissa. And as for him knowing exactly who the future Death Eaters are well remember Harry has had several helpings of humble pie and fairly recently. He readily acknowledges that his interference caused a lot of the problems that the Six had with the Slytherins and on top of that he some what blames himself for what happened with Cho. No matter what he told Sirius that God-Complex that Harry's has been tripping on hasn't entirely gone away yet.
WarriorDrgnMage

AOL: WarriorDrgnMage

Unread postby herbycanopy » May 17th, 2010, 7:30 pm

Very good points, though I just can not help but think that he should be trying to do something, anything really, to find the people that are in evolved with this all. Maybe I am forgetting something he has been doing but I do not remember him doing anything about the problem that the house is.
herbycanopy

Unread postby Gouka Ryuu » June 11th, 2010, 5:43 pm

And as for him knowing exactly who the future Death Eaters are well remember Harry has had several helpings of humble pie and fairly recently.
I felt that, being Slytherins they took the only option they had to survive come the sacking of Hogwarts. I'm willing to bet that if Harry were to try to be more open to the more neutral Slytherins, and I'm sure they do exist, he would have more of them on his side come the war.

I guess I'm being a little too optimistic, yes?
Gouka Ryuu

Unread postby WarriorDrgnMage » June 11th, 2010, 10:55 pm

And as for him knowing exactly who the future Death Eaters are well remember Harry has had several helpings of humble pie and fairly recently.
I felt that, being Slytherins they took the only option they had to survive come the sacking of Hogwarts. I'm willing to bet that if Harry were to try to be more open to the more neutral Slytherins, and I'm sure they do exist, he would have more of them on his side come the war.

I guess I'm being a little too optimistic, yes?
I remember Harry saying something about seeing a lot of the Slytherins turn out to be Death Eaters in the end. With that in mind I'm not sure that he would trust those people even if he know intellectually that they are not those people that Harry remembers killing in the future. I would hope Harry would be open to the more neutral Slytherins but well Harry isn't the most trusting guy, with good reasons, but still.
WarriorDrgnMage

AOL: WarriorDrgnMage

Unread postby herbycanopy » June 12th, 2010, 3:27 am

You all are forgetting that Harry even said that he has seen what happens when he just does not do anything and "hopes for the best". I think he even said that he will not sit back and watch this time. Mind you it has been sometime since I read this and I have read many stories since then but do you know what part of the story I was talking about?
herbycanopy

Return to “%s” Harry Potter and the Nightmares of Futures Past