Sorting Hat

Sorting Hat

Unread postby Waylander » October 5th, 2010, 2:20 pm

Hi all,

Long time lurker here. Just recently reread NoFP and had a thought I'd like your opinions on.
My thought is the following: What will Harry do about the Sorting Hat. Previouslly he stated to wanting to remove the Horcrux from it without destroying it but there has been serious lack of thought about it the latest chapters. So is it that it slipped Harry's mind and will come back later to bite him in the ass. Or is he researching off-screen?
What are your thoughts about it?

P.S. If there are grave mistakes against the English language please excuse me but it's not my native language. It's not even my second language.
Waylander

Re: Sorting Hat

Unread postby Chuckg » October 5th, 2010, 4:47 pm

The Sorting Hat is not yet a horcrux in this timeline.
Chuckg

Unread postby Waylander » October 5th, 2010, 4:55 pm

I was under the impression that it already was a Horcrux.
In the first chapter Harry thinks back on everything that has happend and it is said that Voldemort gloated to the portrait of Dumbledore because he never detected the Horcrux in the Hat. Later on when Sirius brought all the Horcruces he found to the Burrow, Harry thinks "With these out of the picture, that left only Nagini and the Sorting Hat."
Of course it is possible I missed somewhere where it was stated otherwise. In which case ignore everthing said here.
Waylander

Unread postby SilverGryphon » October 5th, 2010, 6:50 pm

Well, at least he knows where the Sorting Hat is- it's not like he has to go look for it. Though how he'd get past Dumbledore to get to it will be interesting to watch.
SilverGryphon

Unread postby WarriorDrgnMage » October 6th, 2010, 12:15 am

Well, at least he knows where the Sorting Hat is- it's not like he has to go look for it. Though how he'd get past Dumbledore to get to it will be interesting to watch.
::quiet giggle:: more like watching a car crash you just can't look away...
WarriorDrgnMage

AOL: WarriorDrgnMage

Unread postby SilverGryphon » October 6th, 2010, 1:02 pm

::quiet giggle:: more like watching a car crash you just can't look away...
Yeah... Now I really want to see how he goes about doing it. Wonder if you can Floo directly into the Headmaster's office...

Huh, maybe that's how he'll do it. He'll use the Marauder's Map to watch for a time Dumbledore is out, Floo in, nick the hat, unHorcrux it, and...

Y'know, I can't figure out how he'd get back in again. Unless he uses the Invisibility Cloak and drops ol' Floppy off in front of the gargoyle at the entrance?
SilverGryphon

Unread postby Chuckg » October 6th, 2010, 1:34 pm

Simple. Have Hermione think up an excuse to visit the headmaster's office the day of the Great Raid, and bam, she's got the password. Then use the password before its changed. Time the day so that it occurs during a Wizengamot session or something else Dumbledore has to leave the castle to attend.

Alternately, have an Invisibility-Cloaked sentry, or Dobby the house elf, or someone else similarily concealed/easily overlooked, hang around outside the gargoyle and just eavesdrop for the password.

Edit: Hah, even easier. 'Dobby, go get the Sorting Hat please.' :)
Chuckg

Unread postby WarriorDrgnMage » October 7th, 2010, 12:39 pm

Or Harry could tell Dobby the whole story, I mean in GoF Dobby said he would keep Harry's secrets becuase Harry freed him from the Malfoys. I assume that gratitude would remain true for the NoFP universe. In which case Dobby would be more then willing to help. Though considering Dobby history maybe that's not such a good idea...
WarriorDrgnMage

AOL: WarriorDrgnMage

Unread postby SilverGryphon » October 7th, 2010, 5:40 pm

Or Harry could tell Dobby the whole story, I mean in GoF Dobby said he would keep Harry's secrets becuase Harry freed him from the Malfoys. I assume that gratitude would remain true for the NoFP universe. In which case Dobby would be more then willing to help. Though considering Dobby history maybe that's not such a good idea...

Well, when he tried to save Harry's life after second year he was pretty successful... There was the gillyweed, and getting them out of the Malfoy's cellar... I'm sure there were other occasions. Really, Dobby's not that bad. :halo
SilverGryphon

Unread postby jgkitarel » October 22nd, 2010, 6:25 pm

Depends on his moral compass.

At least the :bow Evil Authorlord :bow is not likely to have a completely yandere Dobby around.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Return to “%s” Harry Potter and the Nightmares of Futures Past