Seriously great story so far...

Seriously great story so far...

Unread postby starbucksgirl80 » August 31st, 2011, 3:36 pm

I wanted to send the author an email, but I couldn't find a link so I figured a post would be the next best thing.
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this story....through all the chapters I keep saying to myself, "this is how the first story should have played out!" It is so good, I've got my entire family reading the series on their lunch breaks :smile: Thanks for the countless hours of enjoyment and I can't wait to see how the rest of the story plays out!!
starbucksgirl80

Re: Seriously great story so far...

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » September 1st, 2011, 3:27 am

Way to share the love!
"That didn't make me cry. I'm just shedding manly tears over something completely unrelated and super masculine. Like an explosion. An exploding robot. An exploding robot that's on fire. DON'T LOOK AT ME!"
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » September 1st, 2011, 5:23 pm

:yuush:

Another convert of the Evil Authorlord!
"Machiavelli was wrong, it is better to be loved than feared. It is harder to get people to love you, but those bonds are that much harder to break."
I'm a Princeps, the #1 of a Titan, the crazy bastard who wears an angry house to work. - Tomas, Princeps of Warhound Titan Invictorus

~*~ Ultimate Viridian Dream's Fanfic Recommendation List ~*~
Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby jgkitarel » September 3rd, 2011, 3:10 am

:yuush: :yuush:
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby Dechstreme » September 17th, 2011, 4:08 am

Just ONE convert? Just how many people are we talking about when he mentions family?
Dechstreme

Yahoo Messenger: dechstreme@yahoo.com

Unread postby DarkWyndre » September 17th, 2011, 2:28 pm

Aye. I fully agree. The story is fantastic. My only regret is having read through to the current final chapter, realizing that the story has been in progress for like six years, and then the despair of desperately wanting to read the rest.
DarkWyndre

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » September 17th, 2011, 3:44 pm

May I suggest reading the Authorlord's equally excellent works as well? And after that, if you'd like you could peruse the "Pimp your fics" thread in the general fanfiction discussion area. Quite a few of the forumites here are excellent writers in their own right.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby DarkWyndre » September 17th, 2011, 9:02 pm

May I suggest reading the Authorlord's equally excellent works as well? And after that, if you'd like you could peruse the "Pimp your fics" thread in the general fanfiction discussion area. Quite a few of the forumites here are excellent writers in their own right.
I have traditionally been a very "anti-fanfiction" kind of person. I never really understood what it was all about. Roughly a year ago someone linked me to the ongoing "Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality" story which I found to be perversely interesting. From there, I found another author from that author's favorites list, and read most of the works of joe "Harry Potter and the Wastelands of Time" etc. From that author I bumped into deadwoodpecker and read the backward with purpose stuff. From there I bumped into "Dagger and Rose" which I found to be highly good. I think went back to Less Wrong's recommended stories and picked up "Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived" which was really quite interesting but appeared to be abandoned, and finally found my way here from there.

I've yet to really branch out beyond Harry Potter I guess is what I say all that to say.

I'm also working on my first non-original story work within the HP universe, and I find it helpful to read what other people have done with AU stories, since mine is a bit "out there".
DarkWyndre

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » September 18th, 2011, 12:47 pm

Welcome to the funhouse. It's probably fine if you don't look outside the harry potter fan fiction world for a long time -- it has the largest amount of fan fiction and probably the most good fan fiction thanks to that fact, so you can spend a lot of time reading the good stuff.

Good luck on your writing venture. If you're having problems, post a bit up in the writing workshop -- some of the peeps on the forum are quite good at helping :D
"That didn't make me cry. I'm just shedding manly tears over something completely unrelated and super masculine. Like an explosion. An exploding robot. An exploding robot that's on fire. DON'T LOOK AT ME!"
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Unread postby DarkWyndre » September 18th, 2011, 3:53 pm

Thanks. My basic premise is a world where Voldemort wins and is considered "good" and the savior of the wizarding world, and HP and friends are rebels. There's far far more to it than that, but that's the line of thinking that got me obsessed with the story and actually got me writing. Hoping to put up the prologue and first chapter by the end of the month. I am a phenomenal editor, and can take absolute junk written by somebody else and help them get it into something great ... but I tend to have to leave my stuff aside for a pretty long while and go back to it before I can do that for my own awful writing ... which is basically everything I write in a first draft.
DarkWyndre

Unread postby Rebel » September 27th, 2011, 6:24 pm

This is very good. Please update soon.
Rebel

Return to “%s” Harry Potter and the Nightmares of Futures Past