Ginny's wand

Ginny's wand

Unread postby PeSaid » November 2nd, 2012, 5:15 pm

I mentioned something about this in a review on fanfiction dot net (under the name PSaid), but thought I would add something here as well:
All of this in regards to chapter 14 and the discussion on Olivanders and the wands there:
1: The original calculation on the number of combination that can be created by Olivander. You forgot to take wand length and flexibility into account. If you also add that he might have two wands with the same lenght, wood, flexibility and core but were the core is from a different animal making it slightly different and it wouldn't be hard to fill up a store at all.
2: With the amount of research he's done into wandlore I doubt he would ever allow wands from another wandmaker to enter his shop no matter what.
3: I like that despite the fact that you wrote this before wand wood properties became canon the wood you choose for Ginny is actually quite fitting. Change the core to dragon heartstring and I think it would be a perfect fit, though that might just be my opinion.

Of course there are other wand woods that might also fit her, like alder, ash, black walnut, cedar, laurel, pear, poplar, red oak, willow or maybe even spruce or vine.
Now I'm interested to hear what others think of this in the context of NoFP. What wand do you all think would fit Ginny best based on the canon wandlore? Remember that if you feel that a wood I didn't mention would fit her better then feel free to voice your arguments.

I know that chapter 14 came out long before pottermore canon, but it's still an interesting discussion in my opinion. If the author wants to he could even change that part of the chapter based on the discussion, but that is not really the aim of this topic.

Kind regards
PeSaid
PeSaid

Re: Ginny's wand

Unread postby rbear1231 » October 28th, 2015, 11:47 pm

Ginny is a one of a kind.....and her wand should be as well.

since he is so verse in wandlore i feel he would let other wand makers in his shop so he can study them as well.

a master weapons maker/wand smith must always pay attention to their competitors and a true master knows everyone is diffrent and there is no possible way one person will be able to make a wand for every witch/wizard on the planet.

so Mathew did a great job in his plan design what ever he did, when making Ginny's wand.

my humble option. thats all.
rbear1231

Unread postby Dechstreme » December 19th, 2015, 5:12 pm

Why is this even an issue?
Dechstreme

Yahoo Messenger: dechstreme@yahoo.com

Unread postby rbear1231 » December 19th, 2015, 9:18 pm

not sure what u mean do u mean why did i say something or way was this thread started.

maybe the answer to ether question is the same

i know sometimes i get a thought in my mind that unless i get it written down somewhere it wont leave me alone.

maybe thats what happened a thought as random as a rain drop popped into one's mind and poof would not go away till it was out.
rbear1231

Unread postby Dechstreme » December 20th, 2015, 6:53 pm

I was responding more to PeSaid's post than yours.
Dechstreme

Yahoo Messenger: dechstreme@yahoo.com

Return to “%s” Harry Potter and the Nightmares of Futures Past