A question about Chp 33/ Hi, I'm new!

A question about Chp 33/ Hi, I'm new!

Unread postby MetroidMaster » January 26th, 2013, 7:53 pm

Hey there! So, I recently just caught up with this amazing fanfic and was completely blown away by it. Its an amazing story that stays so true to the characters I can hardly believe it is written by a fan. I could keep gushing about it for another 6 paragraphs but on to my question;

I chapter 33, when Neville receives the Howler and Harry dispels it, he creeps out Ron and Neville with his smile;

"Harry gave him what he hoped was an evil grin. Neville and Ron both suddenly leaned back, so he wasn't sure if he'd succeeded or not… "

My guess was that the smile probably looked somewhat murderous, but I'm not sure. We know older Harry has no qualms about ending a life, not that he would go that far to get back at the Puff snitch Neville was upset at. But what really confuses me in when McGonagall approaches them due to their antics and Harry " tried to give her his most innocent smile as he assured her that everything was under control… really, he did. His smile was absolutely nothing like the evil grin he'd given Neville earlier.

So why did Professor McGonagall suddenly go pale and step back like she'd seen a ghost?"

Were Harry's eye's glowing red or something? I can't think of anything that would explain all their reactions. Any hope for an explanation or is this hinting at something to happen in a future chapter (for which I cannot wait!)?
MetroidMaster

Re: A question about Chp 33/ Hi, I'm new!

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » January 26th, 2013, 8:20 pm

I'm thinking that the Professor may have been suddenly reminded of James Potter at his worst during the war.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » January 26th, 2013, 9:34 pm

Personally, I think she was reminded of school-age James Potter.
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby MrRigger2 » January 27th, 2013, 3:47 am

I believe Viridian has confirmed that it was because she was seeing James Potter's mischievous grin on Harry's face, but I'm way too tired to dig up the post.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Return to “%s” Harry Potter and the Nightmares of Futures Past