I would translate this fic into French

I would translate this fic into French

Unread postby Yamiken » March 2nd, 2013, 5:57 am

I'm sorry to make a new topic for this, but I can't MP Viridian.
I'm French and I like very much the fanfic NOFP, and I want to translate this fanfic into French at fanfiction.net.
Thank you very much if you could answer me.

Yamiken
Yamiken

Re: I would translate this fic into French

Unread postby kaerdu » May 7th, 2013, 11:10 am

Were you able to contact the author in any way?
kaerdu

Unread postby jgkitarel » May 7th, 2013, 9:06 pm

Try a PM to his handle on Fanfiction.net offering to do so, or do a PM to him on this forum.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby kaerdu » May 8th, 2013, 8:18 am

fanfiction.net:
"Private Message Posting Denied. This user has disabled the private messaging feature"
As I understand it, Matthew is viridian on this forum. But I have not found link for PM in his profile. I think, it is because
"We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more to be able to use this feature."
Any way, "Last visited: February 28th, 2013, 7:28 am"
kaerdu

Unread postby viridian » May 8th, 2013, 10:23 pm

I tend to lurk.

Standard translation deal: It's fine, as long as you link back to the original in author notes. That's actually more for your protection - there have been incidents in the past where someone thought the translator was trying to "steal" the story and pass it off as their own. Lord knows how quickly internet lynch mobs can form... So a note saying you have permission and linking back to the original version forestalls that.
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Return to “%s” Harry Potter and the Nightmares of Futures Past