Thoughts on perspectives.

Thoughts on perspectives.

Unread postby MetroidMaster » April 1st, 2013, 5:53 pm

One of the things that has made this particular fan fiction as addicting as it is to me has been the way the author changes the perspective to side characters and Harry's friends. While I love the books, I do feel that one of the weak points is that JKR rarely ever leaves Harry's side. Now that the 3rd year at Hogwarts is done, I am hoping we might get to see the past year or so from the inside of the head's of Arthur and Molly, Bill, and/or Lupin. Also, I could stand to revisit Ginny and Hermione's heads as well. Maybe some Ron, Neville, and Lune as well? I'd be curious to see what goes on in their heads...
MetroidMaster

Re: Thoughts on perspectives.

Unread postby NotosK » May 2nd, 2013, 6:54 pm

I Agree with you i really enjoyed the change on PoV

so far my favorite chapter is the one from Ginny's PoV and the one from Molly's PoV
NotosK

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » May 4th, 2013, 3:57 pm

I do enjoy seeing stories from more than one character's point of view. It gives a fuller picture of the story and characters.
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby QuoteMyFoot » May 4th, 2013, 5:12 pm

I have to say, I actually really enjoy 3rd person limited when it is done well. Having to look past the narrator's biases to see the true picture is challenging and (on a personal level) I find it really fun. It is also a great way to give a main character subtle personality strokes and, when used best, sets up amazing Dramatic Reveals - the first HP book is actually a good example of this, with Harry's personal biases directing us away from the real culprit at exactly the same time as laying out all the evidence against him. Just think how different that book would have been if it had been from, say, Draco's POV, or even Snape's. The evidence against Quirrell would have seemed much more obvious then, ne?

That said, multiple POVs is not a bad thing at all (and I think the best choice for NoFP considering the number of complex plots/subplots going on).
QuoteMyFoot

Return to “%s” Harry Potter and the Nightmares of Futures Past