So, I'm new to NOPF, and...

So, I'm new to NOPF, and...

Unread postby SansFinalGuardian » August 27th, 2016, 8:28 pm

I've got the standard questions.

1. How often is this fanfic updated?
2. Harry A (for apocalypse), the one which killed himself, sent his memories back to Harry V (vanilla), who then became Harry M (merged). But if Harry M succeeds, he won't send any memories back to Harry V, which will lead to Harry A sending the memories.... paradox.
3. What important divergences from canon should I know about? Any changes to the magic system, etc.?
SansFinalGuardian

Re: So, I'm new to NOPF, and...

Unread postby MrRigger2 » August 28th, 2016, 10:10 am

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you with us.

1. NoFP and Team 8 are updated whenever Viridian (also S'Tarkan and the Authorlord) can update them. However, the last I heard, he was having health issues that prevented him from writing the way he wishes he could. Unfortunately, none of us are paying his bills, so we can't make him move any faster, no matter what we may wish.

2. When Apocalypse Harry sent his memories back in time, it created an alternate time stream (or he sent his memories to an already existing alternate dimension, whichever theory you subscribe to). No paradox necessary.

3. The point that is brought up as the main divergence from canon is that when Voldemort visited Hogwarts to apply for the DADA job, he made the Sorting Hat into a Horcrux. This caused his soul to be split even further than in canon, resulting in an even more vicious and unstable Voldemort. Everything that changed is supposed to have been born from that one difference. And, of course, Harry sending back his memories and having future knowledge. That's a pretty big one.

The only real difference in the magic system compared to canon is the existence of magical cores, which is widely used fanon, but not actually part of the books.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby SansFinalGuardian » August 28th, 2016, 1:35 pm

k, ty
SansFinalGuardian

Unread postby SonofNeptune » May 31st, 2017, 7:29 am

Hello there, recently joined the club.

How is the situation as of May 31, 2017? Didn't see an update on whereabouts of the fanfic?
SonofNeptune

Unread postby Onlone » May 11th, 2020, 8:25 am

I am very new to the world of Harry Potter and it's fanfiction.

The author Matthew is genuinely talented with his creativity and writing style. I am sorry to hear about his health issues and extend my best wishes for his speedy recovery.

Nightmares of Future Past has me hooked. It has better development for all characters which was lacking in original work and has used all the characters to their full potential, which again was absent in all the original 7 books. It is the very reason I love it so much- writer doing justice to all characters and not playing favouritism to a few. I keep coming back to NOFP although I have read it about 3 times now. Mostly when I do so I lose track of time.

I understand the slow pace of this fanfiction. the writer is living an actual life with endless bills to pay but thank him for not abandoning the story. HE is loyal to his fan base.

I will wait for future updates on NOFP.

Why was there no activity on NOFP's forum in year 2020?
Onlone

Return to “%s” Harry Potter and the Nightmares of Futures Past