First timeline

First timeline

Unread postby Psaid » July 17th, 2009, 8:29 am

I've been quite bored lately, and have I was having trouble getting the first timeline to fit probably, so I choose to try and write it down. I based this guess at the original timeline on Voldie making seven intended Horcroxes, trying to split his soul into eight pieces, making him more unstable than he was in cannon. I've been trying to make changes to cannon based only on this, off cause still aiming on the end result we see in NoFP. Since I've been more focused on cannon there might be some small contradictions within NoFP.
Please keep in mind that I am neither the Authorlord, nor a fanfic writer in general, so don't expect a huge amount of details or things like that.

Between Voldemorts 6th and 7th year: While Dumbledore is still struggling with thoughts of what to do about Grindelwald, Voldemort uses a secret passageway into the Castle to “borrow” the Sorting hat and makes it into a Horcrox. Death: Some random Bloodtraitor, for not showing the pride of his heritage.

Already having a Horcrux at Hogwarts he chooses to place the Diadem elsewhere. (Perhaps he was getting ready to start up a new school of magic to rival Hogwarts before his fall, and had hidden the Diadem there)

Having split his soul more then in cannon, he was more paranoid, and therefore only entrusted one of his DE (Lucius) with a Horcrux. Lucius was told that it was an object to force someone to open the chamber of secrets, and that he should keep it in his vault until the time was right (Voldemort had thought to use it after his own school was ready, to clear out the ones remaining at Hogwarts)

Hufflepuff cup could be hidden in a cave system under the orphanage, because Voldemort had completely destroyed it, and wanted a piece of him there to show to himself how he had truly conquered it.

Rest is like cannon up to HBP.

Snape, being emotionally exhausted after just having killed Dumbledore, wasn’t prepared for the paranoid Voldemort, instead of using his normal level of Legilimency choose to go al out, ramming full force through his memories (one would expect a little leeway after taking out “the only one he ever feared, but no, Voldie is truly unstable and paranoid at this point), finding out the extent of Snape betrayal earns Snape an unmarked grave (in the end, Draco could be the one to kill him, given the choose of either killing him, or dyeing with him, thereby turning Draco on a different track than in cannon, perhaps leading him to participate in the Hogwarts Massacre)

The Dursley were hard to explain, but maybe the part about Dung not coming up with the same idear, made a change in the interaction and time at the Dursley, not giving Dudley the time to came up with his opinion, thereby leading to them staying at number 4, the elder Dursley ignoring Harrys tries to contact them, and Dudley being unaware of them.

Not having Snape to come up with the real info on which time Harry would leave the Dursleys, Voldie and the DE fell for Dawlish misinformation, and Harry got away quite easily, the guard only having to deal with two DE permanently station there.

With the Dursleys still at number 4, they were of cause taking out by the DE when they came see whether Harry really wasn’t there, possibly they thought about taking them as hostages, but Vernon ending up getting them killed by calling the DE freaks or something else that implies that he thinks them inferior to him.

Voldie didn’t really go for the subtle way of gaining control; much of his cunning had been destroyed by the instability of his soul. (Instead he used guerrilla tactics with a lot of terror attack.) Because of the number and scale of Voldies attacks the will of Dumbledore got forgotten by the ministry for some time, so the trio never got the things intended for them.

Because of this he wasn’t able to interrupt the wedding, so it was a quite relaxing party. While still at the Borrow he had Mad-eye teach him Occlumensy and Legilimency to probably protect himself, and try and gain important info from Voldie. During a surprise Legilimency attack on Voldie, Harry finds out that Voldie went for seven Horcruxes instead of six, but didn’t find out where they where before being ejected from Voldies mind.

The trio got away from the Borrow, starting their Horcrux hunt. Hermione after reading the Horcrox books, worked on modifying the Fiendfyre spell, into a small focused blast, though it required the caster to be in full control of their magic (explaining why Harry doesn’t use it in the new timeline, since he has quite a big control problem).

I really want to have Kreachers story, but it just doesn’t fit, since the trio doesn’t need to ask him for help finding it, since it’s already in the black family home according to the story.
The trio found and destroyed the Horcruxes (except the hat and Voldie) but triggered the alarm on the cup, thus alerting Voldie of what the where doing.

Next parts are already detailed in the story, so it’s merrily a try to put the happenings in order.
Hogwarts massacre.
Arthur’s death?
Azkaban fall
Ministry falls.
Charlie’s and Norbert(a)`s rampage.
Lupin and the silver poisoning.
Bill and the fall of Durmstrang.
Diagon Alley falls
America enters
Borrow burns
Hermione’s broom fall
Contact is made between America and the trio (or the duo, Hermione not joining, she might have gotten well enough to move about, but not well enough to be able to probably flee if they had trouble with the Americans)
Orphanage burns (Talking about the one in NoFP, not the one Voldie grew up in)
Fall of Malfoy Senior. (Leading to Voldie killing Junior in a hissy fit)
Death of Hermione
Death of Ron (loss of invisibility cloak, leaves it behind when looking for Ron, and forgets to go back and get it before it’s gone)
Harry’s apparition fight at Hogwarts
Faking the Americans.
The destruction of the Hat.
Voldemorts fall.
Harry’s death (travelling back in time)
Psaid

Re: First timeline

Unread postby Psaid » July 26th, 2009, 12:15 pm

People who've read this probably noticed a couple mistakes with the timeline of events in the NoFP part. (like the ministry falling before the death of Malfoy senior, even though it says that ministry workers helped with the brakedown of the wards). I'm rereading the story right now to see if I can find more of these inconsistencies before correcting them, then I'll make another post with these corrections, hopefully I'll be able to get it to fit. Any suggestions are welcome as well.
Psaid

Unread postby Psaid » July 28th, 2009, 6:41 am

Here is the corrected timeline, something about it still seems wrong, but I'm unable to put my finger on it, but if someone can find it, you're more than welcome to tell me:

Hogwarts massacre.
Arthur’s death
Azkaban fall
Diagon Alley falls
Kingsley Shacklebolts death
Lupin and the silver poisoning.
Fall of Malfoy Senior. (Leading to Voldie killing Junior in a hissy fit)
[5 years before the fall of Voldemort] Ministry falls.
Charlie’s and Norbert(a)`s rampage.
Bill and the fall of Durmstrang.
America enters
Borrow burns
Hermione’s broom fall
Contact is made between America and the trio (or the duo, Hermione not joining, she might have gotten well enough to move about, but not well enough to be able to probably flee if they had trouble with the Americans)
Orphanage burns (Talking about the one in NoFP, not the one Voldie grew up in)
Death of Hermione
Death of Ron (loss of invisibility cloak, leaves it behind when looking for Ron, and forgets to go back and get it before it’s gone)
Harry’s apparition fight at Hogwarts
Faking the Americans.
The destruction of the Hat.
Voldemorts fall.
Harry’s death (travelling back in time)
Psaid

Unread postby viridian » January 31st, 2010, 5:23 pm

By the way, if no one ever said so: "Very nice work there!"
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Unread postby Psaid » February 1st, 2010, 5:18 am

Thank you, though there are some things I couldn't explain, like why Hermione didn't send her parents to Australia, or why Harry tought that he could destroy the diary in the fireplace, though the last one isn't that related to the timeline itself, there should be something in the timeline explaining why harry didn't have the knowledge that normal fire couldn't destroy it.
Psaid

Unread postby unknown230 » February 1st, 2010, 3:49 pm

Thank you, though there are some things I couldn't explain, like why Hermione didn't send her parents to Australia, or why Harry tought that he could destroy the diary in the fireplace, though the last one isn't that related to the timeline itself, there should be something in the timeline explaining why harry didn't have the knowledge that normal fire couldn't destroy it.
I think that Hermione's parents needed to die in the first time-line. Much like the Durslys need to be killed as well. As for the dairy perhaps harry thought because it was the first horcux that it was not as protected as the rest. I could be wrong.
unknown230

Unread postby Greybane » February 1st, 2010, 3:59 pm

I think that Hermione Parents needed to die in the first time-line. Much like the Durslys need to be killed as well. As for the dairy perhaps harry thought because it was the first horcux that it was not as protected as the rest. I could be wrong.
I think it may have been a "might as well try it" sort of thing. If it worked, hey down a horcrux, if it doesn't all that is lost is a bit of time. So it was a worth a shot in Harry's mind. Hermione's parents going to Australia wasn't mentioned until book 7 I believe, and this does start after book 6.
Odd that. It actually worked.
Greybane

Unread postby Psaid » February 1st, 2010, 5:59 pm

I think that Hermione's parents needed to die in the first time-line. Much like the Durslys need to be killed as well.
I wasn't really complaining about the fact that they died, more that I couldn't explain what changed to make it happen. Would actually make more sense in the timeline I made, if the Grangers where killed when a random DE attack destroyed the plane they were on (the negative effect would be the guilt Hermione might feel, since she basicly put them on the plane). Since that isn't what happened, I've been unable to explain it with anything but the fact that it happened, and that just bugs me just a little.
As for the dairy perhaps harry thought because it was the first horcux that it was not as protected as the rest. I could be wrong.
I think it may have been a "might as well try it" sort of thing. If it worked, hey down a horcrux, if it doesn't all that is lost is a bit of time. So it was a worth a shot in Harry's mind.
While those auguments could be taken as somewhat valid (If you ignore the fact that the protection from destruktion from most things is not something to do with Voldemort, but just standard with Horcruxes), the fact that Harry was surprised that it didn't work makes them invalid, imo.

Thanks for trying but I still have the same problems, but since they aren't major it isn't that important.
Psaid

Unread postby Psaid » February 1st, 2010, 6:18 pm

Hermione's parents going to Australia wasn't mentioned until book 7 I believe, and this does start after book 6.
I almost forgot this part: I know why it doesn't fit, but in my attemt at making a timeline I was able to explain most of the things so that it either fit with cannon, or was explained as a consiquence of Voldemort making a exstra Horcrux, and becoming more unstable (Still haven't got actual confirmation that this was the only reason things changed (unless you want to count the Authorlord post of "Very nice work there!" as such, and I don't think it can be taken like that), but I tried to see if I could make it fit). The Grangers and the diary are just two points I can remember were my imagination failed me, and I was unable to explain what could be the reasons for these things happening.
Psaid

Unread postby Calinero » February 9th, 2010, 11:25 pm

Personally, I never liked the way that Hermione did that to her parents. It seemed....off, somehow. I wouldn't worry too much about working that into the plotline.

This looks like quite a handy reference tool, and it also reminds me--does anyone know how Hagrid died? I remember most of the other characters' deaths, and I think he might have died at the Battle of Hogwarts, but I can't remember for sure.
Calinero

Unread postby Lthayer3 » February 10th, 2010, 12:35 am

I remember one time travel story where Hagrid is AKed in flight when several Order members are helping Harry escape from a Death Eater attack at the Dursleys. When I skimmed through NoFP, I didn't see that, though, so it must have been a different story.

The only mention of Hagrid's death I can find is near the beginning of Chapter 2:

"Even as he pictured the man’s beetle-black eyes and bristling beard, he also saw the man’s face gone slack and pale, the eyes staring glassily into infinity. Harry’s stomach contracted into a small hard ball as he realized he was seeing Hagrid dead"

No indication when or where it happened, though :/
Lthayer3

Unread postby Calinero » February 10th, 2010, 12:37 am

Hmmm. In that case, I shall believe that he was probably doing something really badass when he died. Probably ripping a Death Eater in half with his bare hands while bareback riding a Blast Ended Skrewt.
Calinero

Unread postby viridian » February 10th, 2010, 1:21 am

Personally, I never liked the way that Hermione did that to her parents. It seemed....off, somehow. I wouldn't worry too much about working that into the plotline.

This looks like quite a handy reference tool, and it also reminds me--does anyone know how Hagrid died? I remember most of the other characters' deaths, and I think he might have died at the Battle of Hogwarts, but I can't remember for sure.
Honestly, this was written before Deathly Hallows came out, and I never anticipated Hermione basically mind-raping her parents. (Merged-Harry is only willing to memory-charm Snape as an alternative to killing him.)

And it's hinted, but never outright said, that Hagrid died defending Hogwarts.
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Unread postby Psaid » February 10th, 2010, 3:43 am

Honestly, this was written before Deathly Hallows came out, and I never anticipated Hermione basically mind-raping her parents. (Merged-Harry is only willing to memory-charm Snape as an alternative to killing him.)

When looking at what happened in NoFP and what was likely to have happened in DH, what Hermione did was properly the only way to save her parents, while still being able to help Harry. In a way she did it for the same reason Harry did it to Snape; To keep the people she cared about safe.

Since I don't think you ever mentioned what happened to Macnair, I hope that Hagrid got to kill him before being taken out himself. Either that or Macnair killing Hagrid, only to be killed by Witherwings (Buckbeak).
Psaid

Unread postby Calinero » February 10th, 2010, 8:52 am

All righty, there we go. Until I explicitly hear otherwise, I'm going with the Blast Ended Skroot theory.

And on the subject of Hermione mind-wiping her parents....eh. It seemed a bit morally iffy to me. While it is a good way to protect them, one has to wonder what the point of keeping them safe is if you're going to erase everything about them that was them. Plus, a bit of a big step to take without their permission. But that's probably a debate for another thread.
Calinero

Unread postby SirKaid » February 11th, 2010, 1:40 am

If they had remained in Britain Voldemort would have murdered them or used them as hostages to draw Harry out of the woodwork. However, they probably weren't willing to run away without taking their daughter with them. Since Hermione refuses to abandon Harry her only options for keeping everyone alive are Imperio or Obliviate, and Obliviate is both longer lasting and less openly evil.

It's not a good solution by any means but it was the best she could come up with given the urgency of those last few days before the coup. Of course, it ignores the fact that the Grangers are adults and deserve to be allowed to choose, but I doubt that Hermione really cared too much about violating their rights given the alternative.
SirKaid

Unread postby Calinero » February 11th, 2010, 10:40 pm

I suppose she was of the opinion that keeping her parents alive was all that mattered, even if she had to violate their minds just a tad. As long as they're alive, there's the chance that they can be restored....eh. I suppose it doesn't really matter, since it turned out okay and never received more than a brief mention.
Calinero

Unread postby Psaid » February 22nd, 2010, 6:43 am

All righty, there we go. Until I explicitly hear otherwise, I'm going with the Blast Ended Skroot theory.

And on the subject of Hermione mind-wiping her parents....eh. It seemed a bit morally iffy to me. While it is a good way to protect them, one has to wonder what the point of keeping them safe is if you're going to erase everything about them that was them. Plus, a bit of a big step to take without their permission. But that's probably a debate for another thread.
Actually, it can fit quite well in this tread especially if you can come up with something Voldie did, either in the first or second war, that would have changed Hermiones morale enough to decide not to memory charm her parents.

All I can come up with is that obliviators had to be used more, having more negative effects show up, which meant that Hermione was more reluctant to take the risk. I know it isn't a very good explanation, but it's the best I've got.
Psaid

Unread postby unknown406 » February 24th, 2010, 2:08 pm

Honestly, this was written before Deathly Hallows came out, and I never anticipated Hermione basically mind-raping her parents.
Yeah, that tidbit in DH completely broke my suspension of disbelief, given that her plan would require somehow forging a complete paper trail for her parents in order for their new identities to not fall through. This is aside the massive character derailment that such actions present.
unknown406

Unread postby Psaid » February 27th, 2010, 4:52 am

Honestly, this was written before Deathly Hallows came out, and I never anticipated Hermione basically mind-raping her parents.
Yeah, that tidbit in DH completely broke my suspension of disbelief, given that her plan would require somehow forging a complete paper trail for her parents in order for their new identities to not fall through. This is aside the massive character derailment that such actions present.
For all we know all that a witch or wizard would need to do to forge a fake ID would be a couple of confundus charms (or something like that) on their existing ID's to make people adress them by other name's and not registrating them properly in the system, the biggest problem would be people who already knew them, and explain why they suddenly disapered without telling anyone where they where going.
Psaid

Unread postby Calinero » February 27th, 2010, 9:08 am

Yeah, I don't think coming up with false identities would be too large a problem for a wizard. Who knows? Maybe the Ministry has some contacts in the muggle offices who help them do such things if necessary.
Calinero

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 27th, 2010, 3:34 pm

Why would the Ministry stoop to working with Muggles when they can just Obliviate them, Confound them, Imperio them... You get my point.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Calinero » February 28th, 2010, 8:01 pm

Hmmm. Also true. I'm not sure I respect most Ministry officials enough to credit them with the idea of resorting to Muggle means of problem solving. Most of them simply don't seem to think that way.
Calinero

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 28th, 2010, 8:06 pm

Most of them simply don't seem to think.
Fixed.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby ewuvi » February 28th, 2010, 8:46 pm

Looks like someone needs to stop reading YA! :3

If you are looking for something other than incredibly simple little plots then you need to stop looking at the stuff the first graders read, eh?
ewuvi

Return to “%s” Harry Potter and the Nightmares of Futures Past