Another one-shot

Another one-shot

Unread postby thrawnca » August 29th, 2019, 7:45 pm

I've been hunting FFN for NoFP spinoffs, and I came across someone's alternate version of chapter 27. I think I like the original better, but it's nice to see someone taking the time and interest.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12416998/1 ... -Different

Incidentally, if anyone knows of any more fanfanfics, I'd love links. I know about G for Ginevra and A Night at the Burrow.
thrawnca

Re: Another one-shot

Unread postby thrawnca » August 30th, 2019, 10:29 am

Hmm...I'm not sure whether or not The Potter Plot should count, but I'll mention it here in case anyone's curious. 13-year-old NoFP!Harry is a character, anyway.
thrawnca

Unread postby PaddyMurphy » August 30th, 2019, 1:09 pm

If we're talking about NoFP spinoffs, there's the Lone Traveler, but at over a million words across 2 different authors, that's hardly a one-shot.
First story
TV Tropes Page
*Your favorite inspirational quote here*
PaddyMurphy

Unread postby thrawnca » August 31st, 2019, 9:43 am

Hmm...thanks for the links. I did make a start on it/them, and I felt that the quality was a bit mixed. Definitely an interesting premise, with Harry wandering from one story to another to patch things up. I did feel that it tended to become bogged down in the timelines, such as the one where Dumbledore and the Weasleys are evil and the native Harry gets his Horcrux removed by the goblins and then jumps into bed with Hermione. And there was a whole spinoff story about the native Harry who went to Slytherin while his brown-haired brother filled Harry's original role in Gryffindor. I just don't feel all that attached to the native Harrys in comparison to the Traveller.

Does Traveller!Harry ever get to visit NoFP and see what would have happened if he had succeeded? It would be cool if he gets there, let's say, right before Harry opens his birthday bag of Horcruxen.
thrawnca

Unread postby PaddyMurphy » September 3rd, 2019, 9:35 am

Hmm...thanks for the links. I did make a start on it/them, and I felt that the quality was a bit mixed. Definitely an interesting premise, with Harry wandering from one story to another to patch things up. I did feel that it tended to become bogged down in the timelines, such as the one where Dumbledore and the Weasleys are evil and the native Harry gets his Horcrux removed by the goblins and then jumps into bed with Hermione. And there was a whole spinoff story about the native Harry who went to Slytherin while his brown-haired brother filled Harry's original role in Gryffindor. I just don't feel all that attached to the native Harrys in comparison to the Traveller.

Does Traveller!Harry ever get to visit NoFP and see what would have happened if he had succeeded? It would be cool if he gets there, let's say, right before Harry opens his birthday bag of Horcruxen.
I quite agree about the quality, especially early on. So far Traveler!Harry hasn't visited the NoFP universe, and isn't likely to, as dunuelos, who picked up the story after The Professional stopped writing it, has unofficially ended it, saying there's not much more he can do with the character. Of course, after he said that, he went and added another chapter where the Traveler visits the world of The Riftwar Cycle, so who knows?
*Your favorite inspirational quote here*
PaddyMurphy

Unread postby EllyYuki » September 21st, 2019, 2:29 pm

Actually I just saw Friends season 5 episode 14, it's the one where everyone except Ross knew about Monica and Chandler and Phoebe tried to flirt with Chandler to get him to admit it, then he says he loves Monica. And I thought it would be hilarious to imagine it as an AU with the Gryffindor six starring;
Harry as Chandler
Ginny as Monica
Luna as Phoebe
Ron as Ross
Hermione as Rachel
Neville as Joey

Incidentally, I think the same would work with The Big Bang Theory. :XD: What do you all think?
EllyYuki

Return to “%s” Harry Potter and the Nightmares of Futures Past