Jyuuken and Genjutsu

Re: Jyuuken and Genjutsu

Unread postby MEKristian » November 14th, 2008, 11:14 pm

So, um, what if Hinata put ninjutsu into her jyuuken, like basic elemental manipulation?

And I am one of the few who doensn't think that Hinata's elemental affinity is water for sure. Not that I'm saying it can't, but I think it could be something else, you know?
I'm in that camp!

And I've also through about Jyuuken with the elements; I figured that Electricity would probably be the best one, unless you can throw the elements into a Kaiten.
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby MorphCross » November 14th, 2008, 11:26 pm

Lightning would be an excellent element to incorporate into Jyuuken. Considering it would add a temporary paralyzing side effect making the opponent lose a few beats in a close fight.

I'll agree on the point that Hinata's affinity may or may not be water. Personally I have no idea what her affinity could be. :| She seems to be more defensively oriented (Guardian Eight Divination Signs, Sixty-Four Palms of the Hand anyone) so she could have an affinity for Earth.

With the direction that viridian is taking Hinata I would agree that her affinity in Team 8 should be water and seeing as how canon does little to clear up the issue...
MorphCross

Unread postby MrRigger2 » November 15th, 2008, 12:06 am

Lightning is actually a pretty good possibility. See, my personal theory as to why Kumo wanted the Byakugan was not because it was a powerful bloodline, but because they considered it theirs. In the days before the Hidden Villages were founded, the Hyuuga clan were living in Lightning Country. Something (the exact events have been lost to time) caused the Hyuuga to leave Lighting to travel to Fire Country. Not long after, the Hidden Villages were founded. The Hyuuga joined Konoha for the protection they could offer, and Konoha accepted them because they were an established clan with a powerful bloodline. However, Kumo has not forgotten the insult the Hyuuga showed them by abandoning their country, and want them back, willing or not.

If this was the case, a Hyuuga having a lightning affinity would be expected.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby MorphCross » November 15th, 2008, 12:26 am

Perhaps the original (before the dead diplomat conundrum) Kumo/Konoha conflict had to do with this as well? The obviously weren't above using the opportunity a peace treaty signing would offer to take back an "untainted" Hyuuga.

Although the fact that they didn't simply ask for a member outright in their original treaty does put a minor hole in this expansion on your theory, MrRigger.
MorphCross

Unread postby Ironwolf » November 15th, 2008, 8:41 am

I am very snuggly, but it gets hot, and I don't like being bruised that much....

So, um, what if Hinata put ninjutsu into her jyuuken, like basic elemental manipulation?

And I am one of the few who doensn't think that Hinata's elemental affinity is water for sure. Not that I'm saying it can't, but I think it could be something else, you know?
This is a lot like a concept of mine, putting chakra metal into gloves and then channeling Tsunade Supah-Strength technique through them....namely for the wind element.
Ironwolf

Unread postby MortisMage » June 7th, 2013, 8:15 pm

And it was, according to the *other* canon, "picture perfect"....
since our favorite Naruto princess uses it...

I can already tell I'm not going to like this place.

I don't see much purpose in "Wiimote genjutsu". Most ninja seem to have AoE-type genjutsu. Hinata would be better off with that, particularly since she can see Tenketsu, so perhaps she would be a very fast user of genjutsu. But, not seeing Tenketsu doesn't appear to thwart anyone else, so maybe not.
MortisMage

Unread postby Dechstreme » September 7th, 2013, 11:44 am

I can already tell I'm not going to like this place.

I don't see much purpose in "Wiimote genjutsu". Most ninja seem to have AoE-type genjutsu. Hinata would be better off with that, particularly since she can see Tenketsu, so perhaps she would be a very fast user of genjutsu. But, not seeing Tenketsu doesn't appear to thwart anyone else, so maybe not.
Dude, a lot of this is people speculating for FUN. Don't take it too seriously.
Dechstreme

Yahoo Messenger: dechstreme@yahoo.com

Return to “%s” Team 8