Ideas for Summon for Naruto

Re: Ideas for Summon for Naruto

Unread postby unknown500 » January 31st, 2009, 1:23 pm

I apologize for mentioning giant inscets.

Maybe crows and toads could get along. I've never thought of that.
unknown500

Unread postby Tom Mathews » January 31st, 2009, 1:30 pm

IIRC crows are carrion eaters. At least they are around here with the way deer get demolished by trucks and cars.

Toads eat insects.

They should get along.
Tom Mathews

Unread postby ewuvi » January 31st, 2009, 2:47 pm

The crows in my neighborhood pick up small animals and fly away with them. But then, I've never seen them do that anywhere else.

We do have an animal research place near town. It used to be in this weird bubble thing. The bubble was sweet.
ewuvi

Unread postby Wittgen » January 31st, 2009, 10:52 pm

Crows eat just about whatever they can. They're hardcore survivors like that.
Wittgen

Unread postby ewuvi » January 31st, 2009, 10:57 pm

That would make them even better for Hinata! Man, I'm hoping for some good Mob! Hinata action.

As for the giant insects, no apologies needed, it doesn't matter that you mentioned them. The rest just wanted to avoid a terrible rant from me.
ewuvi

Unread postby forbin » January 31st, 2009, 11:37 pm

I can't remember if I've contributed to this thread yet, but I've been thinking about it for awhile and believe that I might have found the perfect summon. I'm just not sure yet who would be able to utilize this technique to it's full capacity.

"Greater Fish" http://darthsanddroids.net/episodes/0208.html
[Bored Moderator - Mod posts shall be in this color]
forbin

Unread postby ewuvi » January 31st, 2009, 11:40 pm

eheh ahaha!

That's great! That's the only summon I can reasonably think of Shino having actually.
ewuvi

Unread postby MrRigger2 » February 1st, 2009, 12:40 am

Actually, it's already been used, in a form. Jiraiya used Summon Bigger Toad to crush a three headed snake during the invasion.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby ewuvi » February 1st, 2009, 12:50 am

That was a pretty sweet move from Jiraiya.

I loved Jiraiya, too bad he is gone.
ewuvi

Unread postby MorphCross » February 1st, 2009, 12:56 am

Ah, but that was canon, MrRigger. It hasn't been used in Team 8 yet. :mrgreen:

The thought of Shino summoning one of these guys (yes I know arthropods are not insects) makes me giggle like a madman.
MorphCross

Unread postby MrRigger2 » February 1st, 2009, 1:04 am

So? Jiraiya's not so different in Team 8 (not really different at all) that he wouldn't understand the overwhelming the offensive advantage of a toad powered by gravity.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby Phht » February 1st, 2009, 1:06 am

Wait, a toad powered by gravity? When did Jiraiya become a mad scientist and build Mecha-Gamabunta? And is it like Mecha-Godzilla?
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby MorphCross » February 1st, 2009, 1:10 am

My point is that a giant fish falling from the sky to crush its foes is just as likely to happen as anyone of our suggestions for summons. Also considering the fact that Jiraiya didn't use the Toad food cart destroyer jutsu in Team 8 means it can still happen. Bring on Gamahiro!

Although I don't imagine a giant Koi summon being happy about getting dropped on dry land.
MorphCross

Unread postby unknown500 » February 1st, 2009, 1:17 am

As for the giant insects, no apologies needed, it doesn't matter that you mentioned them. The rest just wanted to avoid a terrible rant from me.
Okay, good. Thank you.
unknown500

Unread postby ewuvi » February 1st, 2009, 1:29 am

Maaa Maaa. You say what you like, we aren't going to rip off your face unless you do something really really bad. I just do terribly boring rants about imploding insects when giant bugs are mentioned. I think they're fun, but I don't think anyone is looking forward to a repeat performance of that at the moment.
ewuvi

Unread postby MorphCross » February 1st, 2009, 1:35 am

Don't let our debate threads fool you, we are all pretty easy going...except when it comes to spelling and grammer. :mrgreen:
MorphCross

Unread postby ewuvi » February 1st, 2009, 1:38 am

Actually, we are quite lenient on that too.

*Pointed Stare*
ewuvi

Unread postby MorphCross » February 1st, 2009, 1:42 am

However this time it was intentional. *Fumbles around for a smiley with gaps in its teeth*
MorphCross

Unread postby ewuvi » February 1st, 2009, 1:51 am

I didn't mean you Morphy, you know.
ewuvi

Unread postby MorphCross » February 1st, 2009, 2:00 am

I mispelled grammar. :mrgreen:
MorphCross

Unread postby ewuvi » February 1st, 2009, 2:04 am

I know, but comparatively, that isn't bad at all. I have learned to lower my standards.
ewuvi

Unread postby Kitsune no Arashi » February 1st, 2009, 9:02 pm

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2442386/14/ ... t_Relation
I know it's not cannon but this chapter is a well written layout for how to possibility form a summoning contract with any number of animals. Jariya Tsunade and orochimaru quite likely made their own as Jariyas name is the first on his scroll with his apprentices being the only other names. I know you have the summon/no summon thing already planned out Veridian but you still might find this interesting.
Kitsune no Arashi

Unread postby Tarnished Blade » February 2nd, 2009, 1:58 pm

Not to distract from the lutz that Mafia Crow & Company offer, but after reading through this thread it accured to me that if they had a saber-tooth tiger in that cresent island filler arc, could we say North American critters could be cannon?

And I don't recall the Authorlord saying "No toads," I wouldn't be surprised if Jaryia spent a couple of days convincing Naruto that the Toads wouldn't eat Shino, or his bugs without orders/permission. It seems, if Naruto's time training in the toad village from the manga can be used as an example, that the toads like to cook their food human 'style' instead of al'natural.

That said changing Naruto's summons seems to be a great engine for character development (and gut busters), I'm partial to wolves myself:
Spoiler: show
With a loud crack, a vicious back hand sent Hinata sprawling onto the ground as her father loomed above and continued his public scolding.

Yuhi Kurenai hand snaped down on Naruto's shoulder, halting his predictable attempt to get to Hinata. With the full Hyuga Council present . . .

Hindsight would lead Kurenai to admit she should have covered Naruto's mouth, candor would have her say she still would not have.

"Who is this Fool who would hurt Pack-Friend Hinata?"

It was then that Hyuga Hiashi turned to glare at the offending voice, or rather glare as much as one could at any wolf that could look you in the eye with fangs as long as one's face.

Naruto merely leveled a pointed finger at the man and said the two words that would forever seal his reputation as the most protective and vindictive bastard that the Village Hidden in the Leaves would ever produce:

"Chew Toy"
First post and all that woot.
Tarnished Blade

Unread postby MorphCross » February 2nd, 2009, 2:37 pm

Welcome Tarnished, and might I say, you're off to a magnificent start. :waytogo

When I had been originally looking at writing a Naruto Fanfic, the whole Sabre-toothed Siberian Tiger jumped out at me. Luckily enough it jumped back...although...*Imagines a forty foot tall Smilodon picking it's teeth with Hiashi*
MorphCross

Unread postby lucifer10 » February 2nd, 2009, 2:50 pm

I don't think I've ever posted in this thread and despite the fact that it has likely already been mentioned countless times, I'm going to throw my support behind the toads. That having been said would it be possible to set up a poll so we could have a running tally of what ideas were popular? Maybe even a second one for which one we think Naruto would most likely end up signing or if he will at all. *shrugs* Just a thought.
lucifer10

Return to “%s” Team 8