Ideas for Summon for Naruto

Re: Ideas for Summon for Naruto

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 2nd, 2009, 3:04 pm

Not to distract from the lutz that Mafia Crow & Company offer, but after reading through this thread it accured to me that if they had a saber-tooth tiger in that cresent island filler arc, could we say North American critters could be cannon?

And I don't recall the Authorlord saying "No toads," I wouldn't be surprised if Jaryia spent a couple of days convincing Naruto that the Toads wouldn't eat Shino, or his bugs without orders/permission. It seems, if Naruto's time training in the toad village from the manga can be used as an example, that the toads like to cook their food human 'style' instead of al'natural.

That said changing Naruto's summons seems to be a great engine for character development (and gut busters), I'm partial to wolves myself:
Spoiler: show
With a loud crack, a vicious back hand sent Hinata sprawling onto the ground as her father loomed above and continued his public scolding.

Yuhi Kurenai hand snaped down on Naruto's shoulder, halting his predictable attempt to get to Hinata. With the full Hyuga Council present . . .

Hindsight would lead Kurenai to admit she should have covered Naruto's mouth, candor would have her say she still would not have.

"Who is this Fool who would hurt Pack-Friend Hinata?"

It was then that Hyuga Hiashi turned to glare at the offending voice, or rather glare as much as one could at any wolf that could look you in the eye with fangs as long as one's face.

Naruto merely leveled a pointed finger at the man and said the two words that would forever seal his reputation as the most protective and vindictive bastard that the Village Hidden in the Leaves would ever produce:

"Chew Toy"
First post and all that woot.
:bow You sir, are magnificent.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby viridian » February 2nd, 2009, 8:27 pm

Chew toy? Chew toy!!!

Now my wife is staring at me and wondering why I keep giggling and murmuring "Chew toy!" to myself.
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Unread postby runsamok » February 2nd, 2009, 8:34 pm

Yes, and then he pointed me here.. where I found the silliness (and awesomeness) of "Chew Toy".
Sincerely,
Lindsey Schocke (aka Runsamok)

"In the penny jar of life, I want to be a quarter."
runsamok

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 2nd, 2009, 8:42 pm

I don't think I've ever posted in this thread and despite the fact that it has likely already been mentioned countless times, I'm going to throw my support behind the toads. That having been said would it be possible to set up a poll so we could have a running tally of what ideas were popular? Maybe even a second one for which one we think Naruto would most likely end up signing or if he will at all. *shrugs* Just a thought.
The problem with that idea is htat people are constantly throwing out new ideas for summons, and the mods would have to be constantly adding and adjusting the poll. Plus if you vote for one thing than something you like better gets thrown up there later, you've already spent your vote.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby bibliophile20 » February 2nd, 2009, 10:34 pm

Plus, Tempest, there's a limit of 10 options for a poll. (However, you can set it so that people can change their vote after they've voted).

However... *shrug* It's been quiet around here.
bibliophile20

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 2nd, 2009, 11:03 pm

Well played Joe, well played indeed.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Dechstreme » February 3rd, 2009, 1:04 pm

I wonder if this thread could just become a regular Summonin Discussion thread or something? I can't really make any suggestions, seeing as some of my top picks have already been spoken about.

But I wonder if there are dinosaurs in the Naruto World? Okay, I guess I had one more pick, then.
Dechstreme

Yahoo Messenger: dechstreme@yahoo.com

Unread postby MageNuke » February 3rd, 2009, 2:27 pm

I highly doubt Naruto will end up with toads. Mainly because he wouldn't want to make Shino uncomfortable. No matter how well mannered the toads are they will still keep Shino on his guard and not very close to Naruto. Wether that would happen or not Naruto will not pick them because of the possibility of Shino not being his friend. Naruto is still very much a child even though so much has happened to him. While the summon that Naruto does get will undoubtedly make us all amazed and question why Naruto cannon wasn't done this way, there is bound to be someone who will be disappointed.

:rant:
MageNuke

Unread postby Dechstreme » February 3rd, 2009, 7:09 pm

Ah, I'm dissapointed about no one wanting to talk about summoning dinosaurs...

It doesn't matter if anyone is disapointed about Viridian's choices. We are discussing things in this topic for the fun of it mostly.
Dechstreme

Unread postby Dechstreme » February 3rd, 2009, 9:03 pm

I think Pain's beasts are as undead as the Pain's are. They even have the same bolts and stuff.
Dechstreme

Unread postby tjchaos » February 3rd, 2009, 10:59 pm

Does Gamera count?

:animlol:
tjchaos

Unread postby Dechstreme » February 4th, 2009, 1:10 pm

Does Gamera count?

I don't know. I've never asked him. :lol:

Take your pick of what it would be like, If Naruto summoned a dino, or Gamera.
Dechstreme

Unread postby unknown547 » February 4th, 2009, 5:05 pm

Does Gamera count?

o.o Imagine if some enemy had a moth summons! Best. Scene. Ever.
unknown547

Unread postby tjchaos » February 4th, 2009, 7:36 pm

Well the Heisei era Gamera that I favor was created by the Atlantis civilization (lost continent of Mu) to combat Gyaos, a creature they had also created but that had gotten out of control. I'm not overly familar with the older Shōwa era Gamera and I'm pretty sure that one also originated from Atlantis but it could have had some sort of dinosaur origin. The third Heisei era film also tossed Gamera up as 'The Guardian of the North', supposedly a part of Asian folklore.
tjchaos

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 4th, 2009, 7:57 pm

*pictures Naruto summoning dinosaurs, with a Boss that looks and sounds like either Dinobot, or *shudder* Beast Wars Megatron* Of course, seeing Hiashi try and go up against either one of those personality types would be... interesting.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby ewuvi » February 4th, 2009, 8:16 pm

Really? I imagine a certain politician as the dinosaur boss. :biggrin1
ewuvi

Unread postby SquirrelyRequiem » February 4th, 2009, 10:53 pm

Honestly, I can't help but imagine a dragonfly summon. The boss dragonfly would be most...intimidating.
SquirrelyRequiem

Unread postby ewuvi » February 4th, 2009, 11:11 pm

If you can keep in non-imploding-survive-in-this-atmosphere sized, than I have no problems I guess.
ewuvi

Unread postby Phht » February 4th, 2009, 11:19 pm

I'm pretty sure I saw a fic with a dragonfly summon that was a family thing from Naruto's dad's side of things. I think the fic involved Naruto finding his dad's property then stupidly trying to transfer Kyuubi from himself to a seal covered statue, and messing something up that left Naruto with the chakra but no idea what happened to Kyuubi except that it was gone from him. I think it was Naruto/Harem and was up to the month long wait during the Chunin Exam.
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 5th, 2009, 12:56 am

Actually man, I remember reading that fic too, and if I recall correctly the summons were oriental dragons, not dragonflys.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Phht » February 5th, 2009, 2:23 am

Ah hah! Found it! Windows of the Soul (note: Rated M, has lemon scenes in several chapters, incomplete, not updated in a year). The clan summon creatures are Mega-dragonflies and first appear in chp7.
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 5th, 2009, 2:34 am

My mistake then, I bow to your superior Google-fu. :bow
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Phht » February 5th, 2009, 2:59 am

Meh. I just used ff.n search for "kyuubi harem" and constrained it to Naruto fics, then filtered the results to show just the M rated ones. After that I just read down the summaries and titles for ones that sounded familiar and checked those fics for the one that fit.

The author does have another story (also incomplete, not updated since 2007) called Wrath of the Dragon. Perhaps that one has the summons you were thinking of.
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby viridian » February 6th, 2009, 9:08 am

If you can keep in non-imploding-survive-in-this-atmosphere sized, than I have no problems I guess.
Like whatever keeps that from happening to Gamabunta and the others? I know whales may be comparable, but these are out of water.
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Unread postby Tom Mathews » February 6th, 2009, 11:29 am

I think the largest land animal in real life was the Spinosaurus.

It had a fin on its back to regulate body tempature.

Of coruse oxygen was a bit more common back then.

Turtles from Gai might be the best for Naruto. They are primarily plant eaters. They are also usually allied with frogs in various fiction.

However, since we are talking powerful summons for Naruto:

The western style dragon. A walking, flying death machine. The 'Dragon's World' DVD showed a possible way for dragons to exist.
Tom Mathews

Return to “%s” Team 8