Ideas for Summon for Naruto

Re: Ideas for Summon for Naruto

Unread postby jgkitarel » December 2nd, 2012, 9:35 pm

We could always have Naruto summon TVTropes. It will ruin your life, after all. :secret_laugh:

Of course, having him summon random internet memes has a certain charm as well, if only for the WTF looks on people's faces.

Hmm...

Summoning Contract: Internet Meme

Boss Summon: Troll Face
Genjutsu: Leek Spin
Ninjutsu: Disaster Girl
Taijutsu: FALCON PUNCH!!!
Distraction: Rule 34
Psychological Warfare: Rule 63
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby Wraith5 » August 5th, 2013, 9:45 am

I don't think this has been suggested before, but what if Naruto, Hinata, and Shino somehow managed to end up with a contract that let them summon the other members of their team? Think about it, if Shino or Hinata stays behind and the other two get caught up in something, they could just be summoned to safety. I realize this could cause significant problems, but hey, just thinking 'out loud' here.:hope_my_fake_smile_works_again:
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"Sometimes I stop to think and forget to start again." - t-shirt
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
"Come to the Darkside; We have bacon." - t-shirt
Wraith5

Unread postby viridian » August 29th, 2013, 10:32 pm

I have written the scene wherein Naruto accepts a summoning contract. It *will* appear in the next chapter of Team 8. (77.94% completed.)
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Unread postby Wraith5 » August 30th, 2013, 11:00 am

:yuush:AWESOME!!! (Both to the new progress bar update and the promised summoning contract scene.)
I really can't wait to see what happens! (Though I still think the "summon teammate" thing would be hilarious...)
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
Wraith5

Unread postby MortisMage » August 30th, 2013, 5:13 pm

So what summon would be good choice (or just plain funny one) for Naruto? Perhaps Mongoose as in What If: Ramen Warrior by Rorschach's Blot? ;-)

Please add your ideas, no matter how outrageous...
Odd. There's a really good fic called There and Back Again, where Naruto summons mongooses, as a result of someone traveling back in time and f-cking things up badly. I thought it was some kind of reference to an infamous Naruto fic that employed mongoose summons.

Anyway, I can't wait to read how or why Naruto goes for a summoning contract. Possibly Jiraiya, but still, it doesn't seem to be the same ballgame as before. Naruto might look to him for training, but then, he might not.

Jiraiya did show him 'that jutsu', so maybe he has some respect for him after that "serious" talk about Itachi. Naruto's motivated to go after him, driven by Jiraiya's guidance, so I don't see any reason why Naruto wouldn't simply go with the toads. Avoiding them because of Shino only works for the Chunin Exams.

In other words, I'm gearing up for some frog summoning.
MortisMage

Unread postby Wraith5 » September 1st, 2013, 7:32 pm

We could always have Naruto summon TVTropes. It will ruin your life, after all. :secret_laugh:

Of course, having him summon random internet memes has a certain charm as well, if only for the WTF looks on people's faces.

Hmm...

Summoning Contract: Internet Meme

Boss Summon: Troll Face
Genjutsu: Leek Spin
Ninjutsu: Disaster Girl
Taijutsu: FALCON PUNCH!!!
Distraction: Rule 34
Psychological Warfare: Rule 63
Actually, if you think about it, the Falcon Punch would be more in line with Tsunade's strength technique, and rules 34 and 63 basically fall under Naruto's 'Sexy Jutsu' and it's variations (Naruto's return to Konoha after the timeskip).

On that note... out of curiosity, has anyone ever seen a picture of Gamabunta with a troll face? I'm just thinking that would be HILARIOUS. So would a few of the other meme faces, I think... :biggrin:
Wraith5

Unread postby Tarnished Blade » September 5th, 2013, 5:09 am

I have written the scene wherein Naruto accepts a summoning contract. It *will* appear in the next chapter of Team 8. (77.94% completed.)
:eep :chair :bow

That said, I root for CHEW TOY! :yuush:

Now I'll go back to my corner and wait with baited breath. :shy:
Tarnished Blade

Unread postby viridian » September 6th, 2013, 5:59 pm

And we have a winnah for first mention (at least in the thread)!
Spoiler: show
Naruto would just have to do a better job at getting Gamabunta to accept him as his Master.

Actually I think Naruto of 'Team 8' could easily not have or even need a summons. I just think that more Jiraiya and Kurenai interaction would be great with the current story. The toad contract seems to me to be a very interesting avenue for more of that.

Then again I do believe that the idea of a turtle contract has been tossed about around here. Seeing that chapter 38 of the manga implied that Gai may have signed a turtle contract that is a possibility. I don't see Gai offering such an opportunity to Neji, Lee might not be able or rather probably isn't able to manipulate his chakra for summoning. Leaving Tenten Gai's only choice among his genin. There simply isn't enough info to gauge whether or not she would be a likely candidate for Gai to hand off the presumed turtle contract to.
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Unread postby Dechstreme » September 6th, 2013, 7:21 pm

Wow. Still... how long had you planned which summon Naruto would get?
Dechstreme

Yahoo Messenger: dechstreme@yahoo.com

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » September 6th, 2013, 7:41 pm

Well, he pretty much stated at the start of this thread that he'd already chosen the summons for Naruto... so at least five years ago.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Dechstreme » September 6th, 2013, 8:21 pm

So... what becomes of this thread, then?
Dechstreme

Unread postby Wraith5 » September 6th, 2013, 8:40 pm

So... what becomes of this thread, then?
Hmm... we could speculate what (if any) summons other people get? Could make it a new thread or just edit this thread...
On that note, I believe one of my favorite fics (can't remember which at the moment) had Hinata's mother as holder of... a large cats (like tigers and so on) contract? (Well, when she was alive, at least. People found the contract pretty much just before Naruto left for the multi-year long training with Jiraiya...) Like I said, I can't really remember. I DO remember that pretty much nothing had happened after finding the contract beyond Hinata signing it, making one attempt at summoning, and having a conversation with her mother's most frequent summon.
Wraith5

Unread postby Dechstreme » September 6th, 2013, 8:45 pm

Was that fic in any form interesting? And what was her mother's favorite summon?
Dechstreme

Unread postby Lightwhispers » September 6th, 2013, 10:35 pm

Or we could speculate on what other individual turtles might appear...
A quest I'm following over on SpaceBattles has the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as the four Sages of the turtle tribe. Granted, it's chock-full of HAM, given that Neji is the reincarnation of Master Asia from G Gundam. (Indeed, the fact of which particular turtle is the boss in T8 was noted with glee by the author.)

Or other specialized summon-uses - this should be great for defense, which is something Naruto can use. Partial summon of just a shell? Summon a Blue Shell? [thatwasajoke]
Warning: the above may contain strong language (which may be unsuitable for children), unusual humor (which may be unsuitable for adults), and logic (which may be unsuitable for stupid people).
-adapted from xkcd

I'm a solipsistic conspiracy theorist. I'm sure I must be up to something, and I will not stop until I find out what.
-xkcd
Lightwhispers

Unread postby Wraith5 » September 6th, 2013, 10:48 pm

Summon a Blue Shell?
Okay, that just made my week. (Not counting Chapter 22. That gets the "made my week" label by default.)
Wraith5

Unread postby Kitty-Chan » September 6th, 2013, 11:26 pm

Think he can summon Bowser? :biggrin:
Kitty-Chan

Unread postby Wraith5 » September 7th, 2013, 8:49 am

Was that fic in any form interesting? And what was her mother's favorite summon?
I believe the fic was The Uzumaki Tales: Return of the Whirlpool... *checks* Yup. Pretty decent fic, actually. About 540k words, 76 chapters currently. I will admit though, sometimes the jokes do go a little overboard... particularly when ramen is involved... But it's a HELL of a lot better than a LOT of other fics.
Summary: What if Naruto met the Kyuubi during the Land of Waves? What if it was all a big misunderstanding? Watch as Naruto is able to tap into the power sealed inside of him on the day of his birth and the following events. Starts after the graduation. Better summary inside. Stronger Naruto (but realistic progression). NaruHina and others. Title becomes more apparent later in the story.
By about chapter 50 (I think?), it actually has Naruto and Hinata dating, as well as a few other common pairings.
Naruto also inherits a sword.
Think he can summon Bowser?
Probably not... I mean, think about it. He's pretty easy to kill, right? A few fireballs (or one bridge...) and :x_x: Right?
Wraith5

Unread postby Dechstreme » September 7th, 2013, 9:34 am

Probably not... I mean, think about it. He's pretty easy to kill, right? A few fireballs (or one bridge...) and :x_x: Right?
You haven't played the Nintendo DS game Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, have you? Then you'd know that Bowser doesn't lose in-universe because he sucks so bad, but because the Bros. are just THAT good.
Dechstreme

Unread postby Wraith5 » September 7th, 2013, 11:42 am

Actually Dech, I have played Bowser's Inside Story. I've played all the M&L games (beaten all of them, too). I was just making a joke about the older games (like Super Mario Bros.) where it took 10 (I think) fireballs to kill Bowser at the end of each castle. That, or you just run under him when he jumps or jump over him to grab the axe and destroy the bridge.
...I will admit, it was a horrible joke... :shy:

EDIT: I just realized, a giant tortoise/turtle would be a better thing to just drop on an enemy/enemies than a toad. I mean, it has a REALLY hard shell. Right?
Last edited by Wraith5 on September 7th, 2013, 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wraith5

Unread postby Dechstreme » September 7th, 2013, 11:47 am

And if the Terrapin in question happens to be a Snapping Turtle?
Dechstreme

Unread postby doc.exe » September 7th, 2013, 12:10 pm

Then you obviously don’t drop it onto the enemy. You point it into the enemy direction, then run to hide behind a rock until the carnage has stopped.
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby Dechstreme » September 7th, 2013, 1:31 pm

And if it's not just a Snapping Turtle, but an ALIGATOR Snapping Turtle?
Dechstreme

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » September 7th, 2013, 2:03 pm

Then you keep running.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby viridian » September 7th, 2013, 4:09 pm

I have traumatic childhood memories...
...involving a huge alligator snapping turtle crawling out of the slough behind our back yard in Kansas and terrifying my mother while Dad was an hour away at work. My little brother was/is autistic and she was convinced if she took her eyes off of him he'd go say hello to Mr. 4-foot-wide turtle and get his foot bitten off...

So she gets a shovel and bangs on his shell from a distance, trying to scare him off. Mr. Turtle gets irritated and his beak takes a hunk out of the seasoned oak shovel handle right above the blade. (Almost bit it in two!) She yells at me to keep Paul inside, and next thing I know I'm looking out the window as she goes out there with a woodsman's axe and hacks a bloody crater in the rear quarter of the turtle's shell, eventually killing it over the course of about 15 minutes. (Did I mention how big this thing was? When I first saw it I mistook it for a boulder!)

By the time my dad got home, the invader was dead, my mom was still borderline hysterical, but I and my little brother retained all of our toes.
I don't know why I felt compared to share that, but anyone mentioning Alligator Snapping Turtles always makes me twitch in memory.
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » September 7th, 2013, 4:16 pm

'Gator Snappers are quite honestly something you just do not mess with unless you're looking to get hurt; or are a trained wildlife handler. And even then you make sure you've got backup to help you handle them.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Return to “%s” Team 8