Ideas for Summon for Naruto

Re: Ideas for Summon for Naruto

Unread postby MEKristian » January 28th, 2009, 11:29 pm

Bonus points if said crows actually ACT like a stereotypical Italian Mob.
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby MrRigger2 » January 28th, 2009, 11:36 pm

Technically, it would be a murder of crows. Personally, I think crows need a new PR agent, if that's how their groups are referred to.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby ewuvi » January 28th, 2009, 11:38 pm

Yes. Hinata with a murder of Stereotypical Italian Mob acting crows.

I would sooo read and review a fic with that.

EDIT: Fed up with the way Neji and other Doujutsu geniuses treat her, Hinata pulls a 'The Birds' on them whenever she fights a doujutsu user. Poor Neji and Sasuke. They wouldn't stand a chance.
ewuvi

Unread postby MorphCross » January 28th, 2009, 11:56 pm

If it was me, this is one way i'd characterize them.

The tall, fat crow cocked his head as he addressed his brethren. "Hey, you's thinkin' what i'm thinkin."

The skinny, short crow turned and glared at his compatriot. "I'm thinkin' you betta shut up, lest the boss flatten ya, Little Benny!"

Little Benny blinked dully, seemingly processing the other crows statement. "Aww, Mugsy, why you's gotta be so mean."

Another crow, this time tall and skinny with slick looking black feathers, sidled up to the arguing pair and fairly hissed out, "Would both of you SHUT UP! I'm gettin' a freakin' migraine listenin' to you two argue."

Hinata knelt down till she was at her summons level. "A-ano, please don't argue. We have a job to do."

The three crows went on argueing, seemingly ignoring her request. Drawing in a deep breath, she directed her chakra to the tip of her index finger, and tapped the tall, skinny crow on the back of the head. A soft "Poof" and cloud of smoke later and the crow was gone leaving only Mugsy and Little Benny.

Giving the two crows a strained smile, Hinata addressed them evenly. "No more arguements, right." The two crows shook their head vigorously to the non-question. "Good."
MorphCross

Unread postby MrRigger2 » January 28th, 2009, 11:59 pm

*shudder* That's still one of the scariest movies ever for me. Of course, I might be affected by the fact that I saw it for the first time when I was five, and might tend to remember it with that mindset.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby ewuvi » January 28th, 2009, 11:59 pm

Mob Crows FTW!

Yeah, the movie wasn't scary when I saw it in 8th grade, but the short story had me paranoid for weeks.
ewuvi

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » January 29th, 2009, 12:02 am

Hum, if this isn't the place to put it, let me know and I'll move it.

I just had a crazy thought: what if Shino and Hinata had summons? It's probably not going to be in the story.

For Shino, I choose dragonflies. I have seen dragonflies in my backyard eat termines and they are quick and beautiful when they go after the termines.

For Hinata, I choose otters. Otters are cute, friendly, smart, and playful. Hinata needs more happiness in her life.

I apologize if this is inappropriate.
Interesting choices, though Shino may have almost as tough a time with them as he would with the toads, since Dragonflies prey on other insects. And as for Hinata, I can't help but picture them as Redwall otters, with the Boss of them all being a big burly Sea Atter with a twin set of cutlasses while his subordinates use double-pointed javelins, slings, and short bows along with short swords. Add to the fact that an otter's general personality from the series is akin to Naruto of Team 8, and you'd have a match made in heaven. And if she summoned one or two in the Hyuuga compound... heh, I can just picture Hiashi being pinned to the wall by several javelins, before the summons pick Hinata up and carry her out of the compound to the Aburame for asylum, with one of them sneaking back to pour a flask of hotroot soup down Hiashi's throat before retrieving their weapons.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby ewuvi » January 29th, 2009, 12:06 am

The Redwall otters where always the coolest.

One of them would have to be the Taggerung though. Just for giggles.
ewuvi

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » January 29th, 2009, 12:09 am

He could be Finbarr Galedeep's (the Sea Otter) Lieutenant.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby serbii » January 29th, 2009, 12:27 am

Wow Redwall flashbacks.
I still think something which allows her to sink into the ground :D. Though I really love otters. Actually I can see her having birds.

Shino's should be something terribly ironic, like an anteater. Far far too obvious though. Bats? Fruit bats :D. Everything seems to eat insects.
serbii

Unread postby MorphCross » January 29th, 2009, 12:28 am

Life tends to suck when you're near the bottom of the food chain.
MorphCross

Unread postby Nebula1701 » January 29th, 2009, 1:31 am

Yes. Hinata with a murder of Stereotypical Italian Mob acting crows.

I would sooo read and review a fic with that.

EDIT: Fed up with the way Neji and other Doujutsu geniuses treat her, Hinata pulls a 'The Birds' on them whenever she fights a doujutsu user. Poor Neji and Sasuke. They wouldn't stand a chance.
ya know when I first read that I thought you said Hinata pulls "the bird" on them XD

I Still think a normal fox summon would be awesome for Naruto....

no...

a non summon fox kit companion would be even better! :D
Nebula1701

Yahoo Messenger: nebula1701@gmail.com
AOL: nebula1701

Unread postby Ironwolf » January 29th, 2009, 2:38 am

Hum, if this isn't the place to put it, let me know and I'll move it.

I just had a crazy thought: what if Shino and Hinata had summons? It's probably not going to be in the story.

For Shino, I choose dragonflies. I have seen dragonflies in my backyard eat termines and they are quick and beautiful when they go after the termines.
Praying Mantis, perhaps.
For Hinata, I choose otters. Otters are cute, friendly, smart, and playful. Hinata needs more happiness in her life.

I apologize if this is inappropriate.
How about cats, considering how well Tora and her got along.
Ironwolf

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » January 29th, 2009, 2:45 am

BIG Cats! :devil

*pictures Hiashi facing down a pissed off Boss Tigress that's "adopted" her summoner*
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Ironwolf » January 29th, 2009, 2:48 am

BIG Cats! :devil

*pictures Hiashi facing down a pissed off Boss Tigress that's "adopted" her summoner*
Either that, or some strange Vixen contract^^
Ironwolf

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » January 29th, 2009, 2:51 am

Don't think it would work out, if you have the females it stands to reason you would have the males as well. So far we've only seen two female summons, Ma Toad and the Slug Boss, and other than that the rank and file of the summon world appear to be males.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby spudman » January 29th, 2009, 3:05 am

No, they should act like the crows from Dumbo. Ah, now that's good old fashioned family racism. :biggrin1
spudman

Unread postby Ironwolf » January 29th, 2009, 3:06 am

You cannot assume that that is any kind of evidence for a pattern, actually I see more of a pattern dealing with personalities of summons to their summoners than the gender of the summons, I mean, all it would take is a clan of Amizons.
Ironwolf

Unread postby Tom Mathews » January 29th, 2009, 11:16 am

Since we are talking crows for Hinata, how about their close relatives ravens and with them you get Tengu who did teach various martial-arts to people in myth and legend(of course the crows might give Tengu anyway).

Shino? He needs something that is as easy going as him, but can burst into a fury of violence and is nutreal or friendly towards bugs. Rabbit maybe

I can't see any big cats for anyone other than THE UCHIHA the way Konoha is at the moment. Espeically, the tiger which Oriental culture calls the king of the beasts. The White Tiger being godly.
Tom Mathews

Unread postby MEKristian » January 29th, 2009, 12:49 pm

No, they should act like the crows from Dumbo. Ah, now that's good old fashioned family racism. :biggrin1
That's not the point: the point is Hinata interacting with a family of Mobster Crows (probably run by the Crow-Godfather).
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby ewuvi » January 29th, 2009, 5:49 pm

And nothing beats Hinata forcing the crows to accept her as Mob Boss in order to get them to listen to her.
ewuvi

Unread postby MorphCross » January 29th, 2009, 6:08 pm

What, the tap on the back of the head, or just the imagery of her going Gently Homicidal to overwhelm them.
MorphCross

Unread postby unknown500 » January 29th, 2009, 6:45 pm

Wow! I've never thought the response will be so postive! Thank you very much! The other suggestions are very cute, creative, and sometimes funny! I'm glad people like the original thoughts as well! Thank you!
unknown500

Unread postby ewuvi » January 29th, 2009, 7:13 pm

Come and join us Tomoe!

We are pretty much always like this.

And Hinata going Gently Homicidal and the tap are both awesome. I'd like to see her actually be some sort of mob boss of crows.

They'd have to declare war on Kakashi of course.
ewuvi

Unread postby MorphCross » January 29th, 2009, 7:17 pm

"Prepare the gibbet!" Screamed Mugsy,"We're going to get that eye-patched bastard if it's the last thing we do!"

Oh, I just got a bad image of Hinata tearing the head off of one of the crows pet Road Runner and sticking it in their bed.
MorphCross

Return to “%s” Team 8