Ideas for Summon for Naruto

Re: Ideas for Summon for Naruto

Unread postby ewuvi » December 30th, 2008, 6:56 pm

Brian Jaques bunnies never struck a chord with me, or at least, not like Watership Down bunnies did. They were both actually bunny-like, and militaristic. General Woundwort was kick ass. And Pipkin was my hero, even if the only time he does anything the main character gets shot.
ewuvi

Unread postby Phht » December 30th, 2008, 11:48 pm

What Naruto needs for a summon, is demon whatever-type-of-creature-the-8-tail-beast-is! ;)

There have been several stories with demon foxes as summons, and one story that has racoons-thingies. So that's the 9-tail and 1-tail covered well enough. Clearly we need to use the other tailed buggers for summoning contract ideas.
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby Nebula1701 » December 31st, 2008, 12:01 am

That's the thing.... summons do not need to be demon or related to ANY demon...
Nebula1701

Yahoo Messenger: nebula1701@gmail.com
AOL: nebula1701

Unread postby Phht » December 31st, 2008, 12:16 am

Take the fun out of things, why don't you? :panic:

What Naruto needs would be whatever creature would be the natural designed predator of foxes (and aren't humans). That'd score points with the villagers, wouldn't it? Showing commitment to keeping the fox from being free, and that he's not the fox. After all, why would the predators of a fox be the summons for one (even if in a human form). Being utterly awesome in some way would be a nice side bonus, of course.
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby Darkandus » December 31st, 2008, 12:41 am

I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that the only two natural predators of Foxes are Wolverines and Humans.
Spoiler: show
Darkandus

Unread postby DidelotM1 » December 31st, 2008, 12:53 am

I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that the only two natural predators of Foxes are Wolverines and Humans.

Okay now I have the mental image of Naruto summoning Logan of the Xmen after that. Am I the only one?

"I think I messed it up somewhere..." - Naruto after summoning the 'wrong wolverine'

:biggrin1

AMV of the day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWxs8jGJ ... re=related
DidelotM1

Unread postby Kitsune no Arashi » December 31st, 2008, 1:50 am

Desert Fox contract and their village is in the wastes beyond Suna explaining why narutos never come across the contract before. So far as we know the other!cannon never had him in suna long enough to be himself. A day maybe two to deliver the kazekage. He comes across the scroll because gaara, felling indebted to naruto for getting his friend to fix the demon seal, thinks it would be fun to... convince... the contracts owner to speak to him.
The foxes are much like kakashis dogs but their primary special ability is camoflague/minor shapeshifting. You know, like the snakes give orochimaru that sword, the frogs have sage oil and scrolls and the slugs spit acid and poison. that type of thing.

Yes? no? Next best thing would be some armored beast that would give naruto a partialsummon shield thing.
Kitsune no Arashi

Unread postby MorphCross » December 31st, 2008, 1:57 am

<snip> the slugs spit acid and poison. that type of thing.
You forgot about healing injuries and allowing for telepathic conversation.

I've always felt that Naruto deserves a summon that is an apex predator in it's natural enviroment and is it home among the trees. In that respect, may I suggest the Foosa? :shock: :? :rollin:
MorphCross

Unread postby FatumExercitus » December 31st, 2008, 2:04 am

You forgot about healing injuries and allowing for telepathic conversation.
Wha? Since when do the slugs allow for telepathic conversations? :?:
FatumExercitus

Unread postby MorphCross » December 31st, 2008, 2:08 am

That appeared to be the case in the Manga, though I don't know if it's been a 100% confirmed. It may have had something to do with the Yamanaka's jutsu.
MorphCross

Unread postby FatumExercitus » December 31st, 2008, 2:10 am

Oh, I see what you're talking about...I think it makes more sense to assume that it was simply the Yamanakas jutsu that allows them to communicate telepathically, after all, most of their techniques involve the mind.
FatumExercitus

Unread postby MrRigger2 » December 31st, 2008, 2:10 am

Since Kishi decided they did - er - Since always! Come on, didn't you know that? It's obvious since slugs are obviously telepathic.

Actually, it makes a bit of sense. IIRC, Tsunade linked her chakra to Katsuya (boss slug), and Katsuya split up into hundreds of smaller slugs (pre-existing ability from the Sannin Showdown). Since all the slugs are part of Katsuya, it makes sense that they have a mental link. How that enables the people they are touching to communicate telepathically is a bit beyond my reasoning, but it may have had something to do with the fact that it was Ino and Inoichi, who are already ninja who specialize in mind techniques.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby Kitsune no Arashi » December 31st, 2008, 4:06 am

Not really Mr.Rigger, If the sluggs are telepathic due to their being millions of peices of the same being that could simply pass messages through the network of bodies like a radio, they (at least to me) seem capable of regular speach as well as minor telepathy. JMO.
Kitsune no Arashi

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » December 31st, 2008, 7:17 am

What if one slug was just told what to say by the "sender slug"?
"That didn't make me cry. I'm just shedding manly tears over something completely unrelated and super masculine. Like an explosion. An exploding robot. An exploding robot that's on fire. DON'T LOOK AT ME!"
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Unread postby Kitsune no Arashi » December 31st, 2008, 8:57 pm

so no one likes my revised summons idea and explanation? You can substitute almost any other desert animal for the fox if you're really adverse to the idea...( :evil: )
Kitsune no Arashi

Unread postby Darkandus » December 31st, 2008, 10:11 pm

OK. Couple of ideas, Armadillo summoning. Rhino summoning. Lynx and other large cat summonings. Wolf summonings (IMO different enough from dogs to be viable). Bear summon. Crab summoning. Spider summoning. Pig summoning. Bovine summoning (You don't want to fight a ninja bull). porqupine summoning. Bat summoning. Bird summoning. Dragon summoning and last but probably most insane, Dinosaur summoning.
Spoiler: show
Darkandus

Unread postby Nebula1701 » December 31st, 2008, 10:17 pm

so no one likes my revised summons idea and explanation? You can substitute almost any other desert animal for the fox if you're really adverse to the idea...( :evil: )
I like the desert fox idea! :D
Nebula1701

Unread postby Kitsune no Arashi » December 31st, 2008, 10:48 pm

Thank you nebula. :)

Since we're throwing out rediculous summons, How about the pheonix? Admittedly the oriental equivilant called the fenghaung and it's chinese but it's the same bird. Anyways, Revised explanation: instead of gaara convincing the contract holder to visit naruto in order to pay off a percieved debt he tells naruto how to get to their mountian aire and that they'll be expecting some rediculous tests. no... that sounds bad, even veridian couldn't make that realistic...-ish.
Kitsune no Arashi

Unread postby Nebula1701 » December 31st, 2008, 10:53 pm

eh one of my fav stories had a phoenix but it wasn't Naruto's summon.
Nebula1701

Unread postby unknown533 » January 1st, 2009, 12:03 pm

Considering how seriously he takes his role in the team, (what with him being responsible for the safety-in his eyes- of his only friends and teammates), it would make sense to me if he ended up with a summons that had nothing to do with recon. I doubt that he would end up with the slugs or indeed any insect contract, because he may feel that it would mean him intruding on Shino's territory (GO SHINO!!)

First post!! :dance :cool
unknown533

Unread postby Thozmp » January 2nd, 2009, 10:11 pm

You know I've been thinking, what if the summon wasn't some animal, after all, orochi summoned those gate things, so why couldn't Naruto find a contract of sorts that isn't a pre-existing animal, or even an animal at all.

Like say, he gets a demon contract; and I don't mean like demon foxes/badgers/racoons/etc. but like actual hellish fiends.

Or say something completely off the wall, like a robot summon, or zombie summon (Not like orochi's impure resurrection, but the rotting corpse kind).
Thozmp

Unread postby Nebula1701 » January 2nd, 2009, 10:22 pm

I don't know most of that sounds well.... too out there, even for Naruto...

Though if he were get his hands onto a demon contract I would think it would have the same price as using the shinigami....
Nebula1701

Unread postby Phht » January 3rd, 2009, 1:29 am

I would think the price for use of a demon summon would depend on the type of demon summoned. Or at least the manner in which the price is extracted. :D

Though, some non-demon creatures look demonic and have non-descriptive names. "Huh, 'xenomorph' summoning contract. Sounds interesting." ... Now I'm imagining Akatsuki going into a cave to get Naruto and discovering there are scarier things than them (take the atmospheric processor fight from Aliens, put it in a cave system, replace the Marines with Akatsuki, and adjust the awesome accordingly).

But to be honest, I think a demon looking summon would be bad PR for Naruto within Konoha. A lot of the villagers already think he's a demon, and if he starts summoning demon looking things...? Alternately they'll be so frightened of the summon creature they won't give Naruto reason to "accidentally" sic his summons on his fellow villagers. ;)
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby MrRigger2 » January 3rd, 2009, 1:32 am

Even more alternatively, it doesn't describe the kind of demon it summons. I see this happening.

Naruto performs jutsu.
Creature appears.
"What the hell are you?"
"Succubus."

The men of Konoha would be begging Naruto to unleash his summons on them.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby MorphCross » January 3rd, 2009, 1:49 am

Xenomorphs vs. Akatsuki

Hidan after tasting a Xenomorph's blood for his jutsu: What the Shit? This stuff tastes like acid! Oh, JASHIN-SAMA, IT BURNS! :shock: :rollin:

For a story where Naruto summons demons how about a crossover between Naruto and Claymore? :devil

Edit: MrRigger, they'll be asking for him to summon Succubi up until the point that they change gender to Incubi. :blah!: :yuk
MorphCross

Return to “%s” Team 8