Ideas for Summon for Naruto

Re: Ideas for Summon for Naruto

Unread postby Dechstreme » September 7th, 2013, 7:19 pm

They are HOW BIG?! Four feet Across!?! How the heck does something like that get into a backyard?!

And Matt? I apologize if I made you relive some bad memories...
Dechstreme

Yahoo Messenger: dechstreme@yahoo.com

Unread postby viridian » September 7th, 2013, 10:09 pm

Well, we did live out in the country at that time. The back end of our property sloped down from the backyard to an overgrown slough that ran through the county.

And childhood trauma always makes for good stories after the fact (sometime WELL after the fact) - no need to apologize!
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Unread postby Psyicman » September 30th, 2013, 3:31 am

A Neighbour and friend of an ex-girlfriend of mine had a desert tortoise as a pet. The husband worked for a museum and it was over stock or something like that he took it home. From the few moments we went over when she needed to go over and get something back she asked to see the animal. It was a big but it was mostly harmless and stayed away from people as it wandered the yard. Just did want to stick your hand in its face. You could lose a couple of fingers with its jaws. And yes they warned people not to do that.
Last edited by Psyicman on October 8th, 2013, 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
My parents told me when I grew up I can be anything I wanted to be. I chose NINJA!
Psyicman

Yahoo Messenger: Master_Chief10
AOL: MrJoeCooll

Unread postby Dechstreme » October 6th, 2013, 6:57 pm

Aren't desert tortoises herbivorous?
Dechstreme

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » October 6th, 2013, 9:20 pm

They have to be able to basically chew through cacti and ignore the spines. They can still give you a nasty bite if you tempt them.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby DBExplorer » October 12th, 2013, 10:08 pm

They have to be able to basically chew through cacti and ignore the spines. They can still give you a nasty bite if you tempt them.
I've also read stories where they have walks hundreds of miles, over fences, rivers.

More fences.

Basically if the Tortoise wants to get there--- it will get their.
Every creature under heaven has its rightful season, and every action has its rightful moment. There are times for birth, there are times for death. There are times for starving, there are times for hunting. There are times for killing, there are times for healing. There are times for tears, there are times for laughter. There are times for somber, there are times for joy. There are times for Patience, there are times for action. There are times for love, there are times for grudge. There are times for war, and there are times for peace. – Dragon Princess, Hero and Demon Queen
DBExplorer

Unread postby jgkitarel » October 14th, 2013, 12:25 am

Very little will stop a determined tortoise. Still, for how slow they are, they can cover a lot of ground in a shorter period of time than many expect.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » October 14th, 2013, 12:38 am

I am really liking naruto having the turtle contract. Kurenai ( :TT_TT: ) already has him on the way to being a more emotionally stable naruto than in canon, and maybe a frog wont have to beat him with a stick for him to learn patience this time.
"Machiavelli was wrong, it is better to be loved than feared. It is harder to get people to love you, but those bonds are that much harder to break."
I'm a Princeps, the #1 of a Titan, the crazy bastard who wears an angry house to work. - Tomas, Princeps of Warhound Titan Invictorus

~*~ Ultimate Viridian Dream's Fanfic Recommendation List ~*~
Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby doc.exe » October 15th, 2013, 2:08 pm

The ironic factor would be if Gai’s …ehem… eccentricities were a result of the Turtle Sage being extremely hot blooded.
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby PikuhanVsPiccolo » October 15th, 2013, 11:13 pm

Well with the turtle motif there are several popular figures to homage.

Kaiju Turtle (1st tier boss Gamera)

Bowser & shelled Koopa Kingdom (2nd tier boss with many minions; koopa kids, koopa troopas, random weapon bros.)

TMNT (3rd tier w/ applicable :ninja: skills; could be 'elite' random weapon bros.)

possible amalgamations from various anime (pokemon definitely have more that squirtle)
PikuhanVsPiccolo

Unread postby doc.exe » October 19th, 2013, 12:21 pm

He! There are actually many more homages that are possible (warning! You might spend the rest of the day on that site):
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TurtlePower

What I also wonder is if we will see a homage to Master Roshi/Kame Sennin from DBZ. Considering how Team8!Naruto deals with Jiraiya, that could be hilarious.
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby Wraith5 » October 19th, 2013, 1:18 pm

What I also wonder is if we will see a homage to Master Roshi/Kame Sennin from DBZ. Considering how Team8!Naruto deals with Jiraiya, that could be hilarious.
Oh god... :O_O:
Also, would be entertaining to see Finding Nemo-esque turtles/tortoises. "First you were like 'Dude!' Then you were like 'Dude.' And then you were like 'Dude...'" LMFAO.
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"Sometimes I stop to think and forget to start again." - t-shirt
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
"Come to the Darkside; We have bacon." - t-shirt
Wraith5

Unread postby PikuhanVsPiccolo » October 25th, 2013, 12:05 am

With Naruto getting Turtle Power for summons, would that mean no toad summoning successor for Jiraiya? Could that mean no sage mode Naruto?

I think Jiraiya could take Naruto to see the great toad hermit, even have him permitted to train with them a bit, but getting him to learn the toad's style of sage mode might seem forced.
PikuhanVsPiccolo

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » October 25th, 2013, 1:03 am

Sage mode isn't just limited to the Toads.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby PikuhanVsPiccolo » October 25th, 2013, 1:31 am

True, though there is little reason to think the turtles have access to it given our favorite Sublime Green Beast of Prey. There is a particular tale linking the Sannen's summons to each other and we know two of them have it so it seems plausible for the third (Slugs) to have it as well.

We don't know how Hashirama learned his, though I'ld like to think his is the slug's way.

...and that leaves the jugo clan which effectively is why the curse seal works.

:biggrin: that's why I text "could"
PikuhanVsPiccolo

Unread postby MrRigger2 » October 25th, 2013, 1:47 am

To be fair, there was little reason to think the Toads had Sage Mode prior to Jiraiya revealing it. Gai is a side character, there's no real reason for Kishimoto to give him a Turtle Sage Mode, especially considering I only recall seeing him summon a turtle once in the entire canon. Just because it doesn't fit his style, that doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't remain a possibility.

Not to mention that Sage Mode is a late game power-up. Naruto's already ahead of the game compared to where he was in canon, so I really doubt Sage Mode is on the table as a realistic goal anytime in the near future.

JIraiya has six months alone with Naruto at the moment. In the latest chapter, Jiraiya mentioned:
“I've got a lot of things I can teach him, things he needs to learn,” Jiraiya continued, clearly not listening yet. “His father's jutsu, for one thing. And maybe how to get a handle on the Fox's chakra without hurting himself.”
As I see it, those six months are going to be devoted primarily to Rasengan and learning to use the Kyuubi's chakra, with some intensive ninjutsu training thrown in there as well. Given his performance during the Chuunin Exam, Naruto shows some real promise with Jiraiya's ninjutsu (Swamp of the Underworld to beat both Neji and Gaara), and if you give him focused training, there's no telling the heights Naruto could reach.

However, Naruto wasn't given the opportunity to learn how to use Sage Mode in canon until several years as a Toad Summoner had passed (and he needed a new powerup). Assuming the turtles can teach him Sage Mode, I suspect he wouldn't be given the opportunity until a similar length of time has passed. Sage Mode is one of the most powerful and secret arts in the ninja world. You don't just go handing that stuff out willy-nilly.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby doc.exe » October 29th, 2013, 11:54 am

Mmmm… I would like to see a Turtle Sage Mode, but I doubt we will see one in Team 8.

…On the other hand, what if the turtles are of expertise is related to the opening the 8 gates. I mean, we don’t know anything about Gai’s teacher AFAIK, and he should have learned how to use the Lotus and other related techniques from somewhere.

doc.exe

Unread postby viridian » January 28th, 2015, 3:50 am

What do you mean, turtles don't have a Sage Mode? Gai has been stuck in it for years.... :yuush:
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Unread postby rbear1231 » January 28th, 2015, 4:38 am

What do you mean, turtles don't have a Sage Mode? Gai has been stuck in it for years.... :yuush:

that would mean Naruto would have to wear the green, wouldn't it?
rbear1231

Unread postby Wraith5 » January 28th, 2015, 9:19 am

Sage Mode has always had some appearance-altering effect, right? I think it's the eyebrows!
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"Sometimes I stop to think and forget to start again." - t-shirt
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
"Come to the Darkside; We have bacon." - t-shirt
Wraith5

Unread postby vakapyro » January 28th, 2015, 4:30 pm

That would be the eyebrows. He's halfway there with the blinding grin already!
vakapyro

Unread postby jgkitarel » January 28th, 2015, 6:13 pm

Nah, it's the bowl cut and the sparkly smile. It's super effective against certain vampires.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby doc.exe » January 29th, 2015, 5:26 pm

Ok, now I can’t stop thinking that Kurenai is going to turn in her grave when/if Naruto learns Sage Mode…

...That or she will start haunting a certain jounin.

doc.exe

Unread postby rbear1231 » January 29th, 2015, 11:39 pm

Ok, now I can’t stop thinking that Kurenai is going to turn in her grave when/if Naruto learns Sage Mode…

...That or she will start haunting a certain jounin.

Agreed, if its a choice between the drinking with boss toad and the eyebrows and bowl cut. i say pass the saki and please don't eat my friend.

Gama-Bunta rules!!!!!! (my humble unimportant option)
rbear1231

Unread postby Dechstreme » May 26th, 2015, 7:45 pm

And now, a Turtle contract for Naruto.
Spoiler: show
Gai clasped Naruto on the shoulder and looked him straight in the eyes. “Naruto-kun, I will not try to warn you against this course of action, for I see that you burn with the youthful desire to protect your friends. However, I warn you that the Turtle Summons can be difficult to handles, and that you must get them to respect you before they will aid you in battle.” Naruto swallowed, then nodded. “Also, the Turtles can be somewhat…overwhelming for those not used to their… eccentricities.”
“Eccentricities, Gai-sensei?”
The spandex-clad jounin nodded. “They can be very…youthful. Well, let us begin!” Maito Gai sliced one of his thumbs, before slowly making handseals. With an unexpectedly economical thrust downward, he summoned a turtle. Poof!
Four turtles, actually. “Hey dude, what’s going on?” The first turtle to speak wore an orange headband with eyeholes in it and a matching sash with nunchucks tucked in it. “Hey, Leo! It’s the Gai-ster!” The turtle he addressed was wearing similar garb as the first one, only blue with a pair of swords.
“Greetings, Gai-san. It is an honor to meet you again.”
“You know, Mikie, you really should stop calling him that, or else someone might confuse him with a ghost. You see, in German ‘Geister’ means-“
“Ah, put a sock in it, will ya Don?” The second two wore purple and red strips of cloth, with a quarterstaff and a pair of sai respectively.
Gai leaned in close to Naruto’s ear, and murmered “You might want to bring it over now.” Naruto nodded, and a half dozen clones marched over, carefully balancing boxes of pizza. The four turtles stopped bickering long enough for a cry of “Pizza!” before falling on the hapless and burdened clones, dispelling two.
Gai introduced his student to Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello, and Raphael. The six held an extended lunch where they discussed a great number of things, ranging from the best combination of pizza toppings to various aspects of ninja training. The lunch was one of the best non-Hinata lunches he could remember having, even if there wasn’t any ramen.
Afterward, Gai sent them back home with instructions to pass along his greetings to somebody named Master Splinter, leaving Naruto and Gai to clean up seventeen boxes of every kind of pizza Konoha had to offer.
Not quite up to the standards of the others, but written in far less time. Meh, things even out, I suppose.
This has become so hilarious in hindsight that I wonder if you had some inside information all those years ago.
Dechstreme

Return to “%s” Team 8