Ideas for Summon for Naruto

Re: Ideas for Summon for Naruto

Unread postby Ironwolf » December 28th, 2008, 5:16 am

Well, here's a thought, should Naruto go for the Toad contract his worth will be tested...mind you, he barely passed in the other canon!, now assume that with all of this extra training of his, he doesn't barely pass, but does so with flying colors, he then can stipulate that ANY frog or toad he summons to NOT eat any bugs while in the pressence of Shino and/or without Naruto's permission.
Ironwolf

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » December 28th, 2008, 1:18 pm

But will he actually *think* to do that. Besides, even with that stipulation, Shino's fear may override his common sense.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby MrRigger2 » December 28th, 2008, 1:27 pm

Also, it's not like summoning is a right of Naruto's. Hell, Jiraiya's proved his worth beyond most (he can use the sage chakra), and Gamabunta still doesn't seem to like him much. Naruto's demands that the toads do something that goes against natural instincts might cause the toads to tell Naruto to go screw himself. Especially since the toads seem pretty prideful. Gamakichi was more or less useless in Part One, and he still wanted extra payment every time he was summoned. And that doesn't seem restricted to just the toads. Manda required Orochimaru to make one hundred extra sacrifices every time he was summoned.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby ashez2ashes » December 28th, 2008, 1:55 pm

How about no summon at all? Otherwise, I wouldn't mind a mongoose. Or just a running joke about Naruto trying and failing to find a mongoose summon, lol.

The only one he could logically be in contact with in the near future is the slug summons... I'd be interested to see if the author could make the slug summons look cool.
ashez2ashes

Unread postby Magnificate » December 28th, 2008, 2:41 pm

How about no summon at all? Otherwise, I wouldn't mind a mongoose. Or just a running joke about Naruto trying and failing to find a mongoose summon, lol.
Did you use some sort of Mind Reading Jutsu? That was exactly what I was going to write, almost word for word.
Magnificate

Unread postby Ironwolf » December 28th, 2008, 5:00 pm

But will he actually *think* to do that. Besides, even with that stipulation, Shino's fear may override his common sense.
He's been getting better, moreover, he's clever like that.
Also, it's not like summoning is a right of Naruto's. Hell, Jiraiya's proved his worth beyond most (he can use the sage chakra), and Gamabunta still doesn't seem to like him much. Naruto's demands that the toads do something that goes against natural instincts might cause the toads to tell Naruto to go screw himself. Especially since the toads seem pretty prideful. Gamakichi was more or less useless in Part One, and he still wanted extra payment every time he was summoned. And that doesn't seem restricted to just the toads. Manda required Orochimaru to make one hundred extra sacrifices every time he was summoned.

MrRigger
Granted, he doesn't have to summon, just like he doesn't have to focus so hard on his Taijutsu, he is after all a limitless ocean of chakra, what more do you really need? Naruto is playing in the yard with a lot of high powerewd characters, and being able to summon will give him one more trick to fall back on other than his inner demon. And what did Gamakichi want? Candy, meaning that there is an alternative that is less problematic that letting the toads eat bugs in the pressence of Shino, and if he had the respect of the FROG BOSS, he could request something like to protect his 'subordinates.'
Ironwolf

Unread postby MrRigger2 » December 28th, 2008, 5:14 pm

I never said summoning wouldn't be a good thing for Naruto to have to fall back on. I think it would be a great thing for him to have. However, Naruto's a bit more respectful in Team 8, and as such, I can't see him doing what you're saying. He's putting a lot more thought into what he does, and I can't see him demanding something from the prideful and arrogant boss of a rare summoning contract, because if you think about it, that's a quick way to get your summoning privileges revoked. Not to mention he'd offend one of two major allies depending on which way he went, either Gamabunta or Shino.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

MrRigger2

Unread postby Ironwolf » December 28th, 2008, 5:45 pm

I never said summoning wouldn't be a good thing for Naruto to have to fall back on. I think it would be a great thing for him to have. However, Naruto's a bit more respectful in Team 8, and as such, I can't see him doing what you're saying. He's putting a lot more thought into what he does, and I can't see him demanding something from the prideful and arrogant boss of a rare summoning contract, because if you think about it, that's a quick way to get your summoning privileges revoked. Not to mention he'd offend one of two major allies depending on which way he went, either Gamabunta or Shino.

MrRigger
I didn't say demand, moreover, if your clever you don't have to be not respectful. Pride and arrogance, you say that like its a bad thing, calling Gamabunta's honor (which amounts to the combination of both) to not eat the bugs while out with Shino. And as for offending his allies, if they respect him enough, then the offence can and will be forgiven.
Ironwolf

Unread postby MrRigger2 » December 28th, 2008, 5:58 pm

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this issue. While it's possible that Naruto might want to get a summoning contract after seeing how useful it would be against someone like Gaara, I don't think Naruto would want to risk his friend like that. Naruto's fiercely protecting of Shino, Hinata, and Kurenai; and Shino has already expressed concern about the toad summons, and I don't think Naruto would go against something his friend was so vehement about, even at the price of his own personal security.

Also, I don't think Naruto would be able to get the toads to go against something that is part of their natural programming, no matter how diplomatic he may be.

MrRigger

MrRigger2

Unread postby Nebula1701 » December 28th, 2008, 6:02 pm

If I may make a very stupid suggestion... what about a Canidae summoning contract? (foxes/dogs?)
Nebula1701

Yahoo Messenger: nebula1701@gmail.com
AOL: nebula1701

Unread postby MrRigger2 » December 28th, 2008, 6:17 pm

Foxes seem to be looked down upon as too cliche, however, I believe that Team8!Naruto wouldn't go that way because he seems to prefer standing on his own power, not on the shoulders of the Kyuubi. And the only logical place Naruto would get a fox summoning contract would be from the Kyuubi, so I doubt Naruto would go that way. As for dogs, the only place to get that would be from the Inuzuka, who if they do have a dog summoning contract, would want to keep it in the clan, or from Kakashi, and considering Naruto beat his prized pupil handily, and Naruto teammate beat his other pupil, I don't think Kakashi would be very willing to give away something as precious as a summoning contract.

MrRigger

MrRigger2

Unread postby Nebula1701 » December 28th, 2008, 6:27 pm

The only Fox summoning I deem cliche are the demon fox summons... Now that has been done to much. No one has yet to just make a normal Fox summons, (the one tail type.) Not every being has to be related in some way to a bijuu.... *Take Gai's turtle for instance... is it related to the sanbi?*
Nebula1701

Unread postby MrRigger2 » December 28th, 2008, 6:39 pm

Personally, I prefer to think that the boss of the turtle summons would be Genbu, the turtle of the north in asian mythology (please correct me if I'm wrong).

MrRigger

MrRigger2

Unread postby ashez2ashes » December 28th, 2008, 6:44 pm

*Take Gai's turtle for instance... is it related to the sanbi?*
"Behold, the power of my turtle summon! He uh... um.....uh... well he'll get over there eventually! And then you'll be sorry!"
ashez2ashes

Unread postby MrRigger2 » December 28th, 2008, 6:54 pm

Actually, the turtle could be an excellent defensive summon, especially if they can be used in the way the Sannin have been shown to use their contracts. Also, you can't underestimate the mighty turtle. It does hold up Discworld, after all.

MrRigger

MrRigger2

Unread postby ewuvi » December 28th, 2008, 8:11 pm

And some turtles are quite fast.

Newt summoning, if he could summon a tadpole from a frog contract, he could summon an eft, preferably a giant eft. It would be brightly colored, which is always a plus in the Naruto world.

A Jackal or some such wild dog thing could be fun.

Or a bear...that could be cool. Or maybe something feline, although Naruto would have a hard time with the general pissiness that seems to be inherent in the useful felines.

And a Komodo Dragon would leave people generally fscked, especially if Naruto summoned it right by them.

But I still think that an insect of some sort would kick sooooo much ass.
ewuvi

Unread postby MEKristian » December 28th, 2008, 8:15 pm

But I still think that an insect of some sort would kick sooooo much ass.
But then there'd probably be a Giant boss version, and you'd cry.
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby MrRigger2 » December 28th, 2008, 8:19 pm

Yes, we've already had the giant bug discussion.

MrRigger

MrRigger2

Unread postby unknown524 » December 29th, 2008, 4:32 am

A part of me likes the idea of Naruto being able to summon foxes given their mischeviousness (hope I spelled that right). But I agree that it would be cliche and I don't think it represents him 100%. I think an animal that really represents Naruto would be a Gorilla; loyal to their families, very clever and insanely strong. I believe that nicely sums up Naruto and his role in his team. I don't know if the summoned animal is supposed to represent Naruto, but if they were supposed to, it is my opinion, that a Gorilla would best fit Naruto's personality.
unknown524

Unread postby unknown525 » December 29th, 2008, 6:59 am

"...I'd vote for someone from the Land of Fire (fire? So WTF are burnable leafs doing in the middle of the land of fire?)."

Fire needs fuel to burn.

"Shino's fear may override his common sense."

I don't think Shino was actually afraid of Naruto having the toad summons as Naruto
summoning the toads against him in the exam. The toads eating Shino to get the
bugs was Naruto's fear.

While I read an MtG fic I got this image in my head:
Sakura slaps her hand to the ground completing the summons.
A single two foot squirrel appears which Sakura grabs and sets aflame.
She then throws the squirrel at her opponent while shouting, "Eat flying
squirrel of fiery doom!"

So I really can't see Naruto using a squirrel summon.

since seriousness not being a factor in the summons;
Care bear
penguin
platypus
duck
imp (8bit theater)
goldfish
starfish
jellyfish

as for seriousness, since Naruto needs a way to do recon to help complete the missions they could be assigned

squirrel (since I'm not the one writing the fic)
See above. Also they can be excellent scouts.

Hawk
owl
Overhead views can offer an insight that ground bound sight lacks. Owls can be deployed at night.

mice
Mice are small, unobtrusive, and timid (thus want to avoid attention). perfect as spies.

rat
larger and more aggressive than mice, they can defend the info they gathered better.

rabbit
timid but surprisingly effective fighters.

ferret
they can be trained to hunt rats so can go where rats can, they can also be thieves getting scrolls and documents.

People keep mentioning the fox summon cliche, where are these stories? I would like to see them for myself. I've read only one story that had fox summoning and that was Naruto's opponents doing the summoning.
unknown525

Unread postby Kitsune no Arashi » December 30th, 2008, 4:01 pm

rabbit
timid but surprisingly effective fighters.
:rollin: :twisted: Read some of the books by Brian Jaques. You'll never look at the idea of a rabbit summon the same way.
People keep mentioning the fox summon cliche, where are these stories? I would like to see them for myself. I've read only one story that had fox summoning and that was Naruto's opponents doing the summoning.
What is cliched is the summoning magical multi-tailed foxes. If you'd like i'll link a few that i've read but in most of those the foxes are the least of the stories problems. I've still yet to find a fox summon by naruto, his allies or enemies that are normal foxes though. Magical multitailed humanoid foxes abound, but not normal fox summons.

Looking at the latest series of mangas however it's fairly apperant that you aren't limited to a single summon if you can find multiple contracts. Pein might be a special case but it still opens up possibilities... no?
Kitsune no Arashi

Unread postby Minion » December 30th, 2008, 4:38 pm

Probably not. The summons themselves also seem possessed by the Rinnegan, like the bodies of Pein, so they aren't acting of their own accord, like every other summon we've seen.
Minion

Unread postby Nebula1701 » December 30th, 2008, 6:11 pm

What is cliched is the summoning magical multi-tailed foxes. If you'd like i'll link a few that i've read but in most of those the foxes are the least of the stories problems. I've still yet to find a fox summon by naruto, his allies or enemies that are normal foxes though. Magical multitailed humanoid foxes abound, but not normal fox summons.
Exactly!
Nebula1701

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » December 30th, 2008, 6:43 pm

:rollin: :twisted: Read some of the books by Brian Jaques. You'll never look at the idea of a rabbit summon the same way.
Wot wot? What's all this bloody business about rabbits sah?! Hares is what they are, some of the longest eared, scoffingest beasts ever to lay paw to longbow and saber to make vermin quake in their fur!
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby unknown520 » December 30th, 2008, 6:43 pm

While I read an MtG fic I got this image in my head:
Sakura slaps her hand to the ground completing the summons.
A single two foot squirrel appears which Sakura grabs and sets aflame.
She then throws the squirrel at her opponent while shouting, "Eat flying
squirrel of fiery doom!"

AAAAGHHH, NOT ANOTHER BLOODY SQUIRREL RUSH!!!
:animyikes: :animyikes: :animyikes:

Sorry, I've played a lot of MtG, and I always hated squirrels, mostly because of some of the infinite loops you could use to produce a literally endless horde of squirrels.
(Though my dragons have a few counters against them, mwuhahahaha :twisted: :twisted: , burn squirrels, burn)
unknown520

Return to “%s” Team 8