A Brief Comparison of Chakra and Ninjutsu in Team 8 vs Canon

A Brief Comparison of Chakra and Ninjutsu in Team 8 vs Canon

Unread postby TacticalTunic » November 7th, 2015, 10:24 pm

All Hail the Authorlord, praise be unto he!
One thing to note about how ninjutsu work in canon is that each elemental jutsu requires mastery of the ‘nature transformation’ of the element in question, that is to say transforming one’s chakra into that nature. This is why you don’t often see most ninja using jutsu of many different types, it’s why the konoha rookies don’t just start popping off elemental attacks. Because even if they have been taught the hand signs it doesn’t matter if they can’t initially mold the chakra into the elemental type needed. Only a few have been shown to be able to use all five of the basic chakra natures and each of them are feared and renowned as powerful ninjas. Kakashi, who mastered all five natures is known as the copy ninja in the same world as Itachi Uchiha as Itachi has not mastered all five natures.

In addition to the elemental type is the yin, yang nature transformation. This governs all non-elemental techniques such as medical jutsu, though medical jutsu also seem to have a connection to water and earth chakra. Yin is defined as mental or spiritual energy and is used in the Nara and, one might assume, the Yamanka clans’ techniques. Yang is defined as physical energy and is used in the Akimichi and, one might assume, the Inuzuka clan’s techniques.

In addition the majority of ninjutsu are limited by the technique itself. In the description of chakra control it says that while not using enough chakra results in the technique failing to function, using too much chakra simply wastes the extra chakra. This is why Jiraya does not teach Naruto really any traditional ninjutsu in canon, instead focusing on techniques that scale upwards with his massive chakra.

This poses some problems for this fanfic, specifically the jutsu that Naruto already knows, but I may have a solution. First there are two problems that need to be addressed, the fact that the techniques were so easily learned, and that they scale upwards when Naruto overcharges them. for the first; Since hand signs are the crutch ninja use to focus and shape their chakra, as seen when more skilled ninja use the same techniques with less hand signs allowing them to use the techniques faster. If the techniques kuneida taught team 8 were to be used with a very large number of hand signs one could say that the hand signs themselves were doing all of the work of providing the elemental nature of the technique. As we have not seen what techniques Jiraya has taught Naruto let us assume that they are wind release techniques or they are very simple yet chakra intensive techniques.

The second problem, that Naruto can supercharge his ninjutsu, can also be solved by the fact that these are such simple techniques. If we assume that shocking grasp is just the gathering and release of chakra of a specific type, shocking grasp gathering it in ones hands and converting it into actual electricity when touching something, then we have an explanation. As condensation would logically involve more than gathering and releasing chakra we need to work a little harder. I think if we describe condensation as gathering yin focused water chakra, it could be reasonably thought of as attaching and acting as a magnet for actual physical water which could fit with Shikamaru’s description of how an imbalance can be made to work when he was talking about Tayuya’s worms, that they are composed of spiritual chakra so they seek out physical form. The problem we run into is that Naruto only has the yang half of the fox’s chakra in canon though that can be safely ignored. Since this explanation simply involves blasting chakra around it is a fit for this framework. I’m tired now so I’m not going to go into the earth release technique or the swamp technique that Jiraya taught him but I’m sure there is a way to apply this

Now, I wanted to take a moment and look at Chidori and the author’s note where it is explained how the Authorlord sees it being different from shocking grasp, because as near as I can tell he is both correct and incorrect. You see, each of the chakra types seems to have additional properties in addition to throwing around bits of that element; Earth changes the weight and durability of substances, Wind seems to give attacks range and cutting power, and lightning appears to also give cutting power but more in the manner of a piercing attack as opposed to wind’s slashing attacks. So Chidori IS a mass of chakra that aids in punching through an enemy, it just happens to be made of lightning chakra. This can be seen in that all of Sasuke’s techniques that derive from Chidori have taser like effects either as their primary form of attack or as a secondary after effect.

I don’t know if this will be of any help. All of this comes from a wiki binge after I decided that maybe looking up some info and leaving it where The Authorlord might see it might get us our next chapter faster. I was originally looking up info for what the Genin we have not seen so much of might have been doing while our focus has been on Team 8. Here's my analysis:

Team 7- Kakashi would have focused on some of the basics as well as giving each member something specific to their strengths to work on. Each member will have much improved taijutsu skills with less focus on pure strength and endurance and more on speed and precision, water walking, wall walking, and a degree of expertise working in conjunction with one another’s techniques. Sasuke may now have the Chidori and the use of some lightning release and fire release techniques along with special training to use his Sharingan. Kiba may have the use of some earth release techniques (I think he did something like that in canon) and could have signed the summon scroll with Kakashi’s ninja dogs though Kakashi seems to use them for tracking and Kiba has tracking down pat. Sakura is the most difficult here as we don’t have much to go on, she really couldn’t do much compared to the rest of the konoha 11 before she learned from Tsunade in canon and she didn’t do that here. It was expressed that she would be a natural genjutsu type so that is probably part of what she was taught. Everyone we’ve seen use genjutsu, aside from Itachi, seems to prefer to use it as cover for some other form of attack when used in combat, so I would assume that she would be taught something to back it up. I don’t have any information on what her chakra affinity is, though water or fire seem likely, water because team 8 has established some connection between water chakra and medical jutsu and Sakura was an able student of the fifth, fire because it says in the wiki (have to check their sources) that most ninja in konoha have a fire affinity and we really have not seen that.

Team 10- We’ve seen what Gai has focused on, pure taijutsu. As Neji hasn’t had the ability to go to team practices very much we will see only mild improvements from him, Lee can only improve in taijutsu leaving Tenten as the only one who might show us something interesting. I think it might be cool to see custom loadouts for her in the form of a number of smaller scrolls that can drop all of their contents at once; one scroll might drop an enormous number of caltrops, marbles, and smoke-bombs as an escape measure, one scroll may drop a large number of kunai with explosive tags and with a proper flick of the scroll they all launch in the general direction of her target. With her focus on taijutsu as a counter to wind release attacks she should be in a good position.

Team 8- the team has had no group practice for six months and this may give us an opportunity to see what each has learned. Expect some mild improvements from Shino, more bugs and better use of his sickles, I would love to see just how dangerous Hinata can become by combining jyuuken with medical techniques. The combat end of what tsunade is teaching doesn’t seem like it would mesh well with jyuuken, so perhaps she put a focus on speed. Naruto has been covered above.

As The third is still around we could very well see him teach our nine genin a few things. In fact I doubt he could resist. A good technique would be the shuriken shadow clone jutsu.

Also, just throwing this out there; can we have an arc where team 8 goes on a pirate hunting mission?
TacticalTunic

Re: A Brief Comparison of Chakra and Ninjutsu in Team 8 vs C

Unread postby rbear1231 » November 22nd, 2015, 5:13 am

Also, just throwing this out there; can we have an arc where team 8 goes on a pirate hunting mission?

this is....intresting...doubt it but funny to think about
rbear1231

Unread postby Dechstreme » December 16th, 2015, 12:10 pm

Why is the use of Chakra in canon compared to Team 8 even an issue? One, the fic is already an Alt Universe fic. Two, the story was already plotted out 9 years ago. He's not going to waste time trying to make it canon compliant when he doesn't really intend to be canon compliant.
Dechstreme

Yahoo Messenger: dechstreme@yahoo.com

Unread postby 36T » January 20th, 2016, 11:36 am

I always thought that there were some jutsu in which you mold your chakra shape in a way to make a certain reaction, like the color of a bunshin or henge changing requires no elements, so why not have a few minor jutsu that work the same way but the reaction is and elemental output. Like the shocking grasp is just static friction created by the chakra shape and movement, however it is a side effect of the chakra's form, and the chakra isn't actually being converted into that element, thus, we have the minor elemental jutsu, in which elements are achieved by shape manipulation, and the advanced one's in which your chakra is actually converted into the element.

This would mean that Naruto had learned to mold his chakra into earth element from Jiraiya, and because he is a wind type, he gain a massive amount of additional control from it. I think he would be able to master his wind element far greater because of this.
TTT TTT
TTT TTT
TTT TTT
TTT TTT
TTT TTT
TTT TTT
36T

Return to “%s” Team 8