Ideas for Summon for Naruto

Ideas for Summon for Naruto

Unread postby ShadeHawk » June 9th, 2008, 6:47 am

In "Team 8" Naruto doesn't sign summoning contract with frogs because of Shino.
Chapter 16: Mortal Combat
“The old pervert was showing me some new moves, and something called summoning technique,” Naruto explained. “He said I could learn it, but first I had to sign a special contract.” He shrugged. “You said I should be careful about signing any sort of contract and to talk to you before I did.”
Naruto shook his head. “No way am I signing that scroll now,” he declared.

Kurenai merely raised an eyebrow and awaited his explanation.

“The old pervert was showing off when he demonstrated the technique,” Naruto began. “Some of those toads are really big. I wouldn’t dare try using them when we’re on a mission – one of them might eat Shino, just to get all his bugs.”
I think that doesn't mean that Naruto wouldn't learn summoning jutsu at all, perhaps signing different contract (I'm not sure if signing contract is required). All of the Legendary Sanin have different summons: Yiraya toads, Orohimaru snakes, Tsunade snails; Kakashi dogs, IIRC Sarutobi monkeys.

So what summon would be good choice (or just plain funny one) for Naruto? Perhaps Mongoose as in What If: Ramen Warrior by Rorschach's Blot? ;-)

Please add your ideas, no matter how outrageous...

Edit: added Kakashi dogs
Last edited by ShadeHawk on June 9th, 2008, 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShadeHawk

Re: Ideas for Summon for Naruto

Unread postby Kage Husha » June 9th, 2008, 7:41 am

Falcons
Kage Husha

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 9th, 2008, 10:48 am

Heh, Rabbits, with the Boss of them all being Bun-Bun, from Sluggy Freelance.
Spoiler: show
Orochimaru looked at the exhausted boy before him, then to the pathetic creature the child had summoned. "Is that really the best you can do?!" he cackled. His own summon's sudden look of trepidation failed to register.

"Kid, there'd better be a very good reason to call me during my pre-Baywatch marathon preperations."

"I'm sorry Boss, but this guy's just too strong for me to take on my own. And he hurt my teammates!" A razor-edged tinge of hate entered the Blonde's voice as he gestured back towards where his clones were desperately trying to stabilize Hinata and Shino, the innocent looking white rabbit he'd summoned earlier to protect them absently gnawing on Kabuto's severed arm like an oversized carrot off to one side.

"... Fine kid, but we're talking twice my usual price after this."

The mini-lop fixed beady eyes on his opponent. "I could use a new snakeskin wallet anyway." The rabbit was suddenly in the air, heading straight for the Sannin, while Manda merely closed his eyes and waited for the enevitable. If he was lucky, the rabbit would make his death quick and relatively painless compared to what his fool of a summoner was about to experiance.

"Let's dance freakshow." *ka-klick*
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Kage Husha » June 9th, 2008, 11:38 am

Orochimaru looked at the exhausted boy before him, then to the pathetic creature the child had summoned. "Is that really the best you can do?!" he cackled. His own summon's sudden look of trepidation failed to register.

"Kid, there'd better be a very good reason to call me during my pre-Baywatch marathon preparations."

"I'm sorry Boss, but this guy's just too strong for me to take on my own. And he hurt my teammates!" A razor-edged tinge of hate entered the Blonde's voice as he gestured back toward where his clones were desperately trying to stabilize Hinata and Shino, the innocent looking white rabbit he'd summoned earlier to protect them absently gnawing on Kabuto's severed arm like an oversized carrot off to one side.

The mini-lop fixed beady eyes on his opponent. "I could use a new snakeskin wallet anyway." The rabbit was suddenly in the air, heading straight for the Sannin, while Manda merely closed his eyes and waited for the inevitable. If he was lucky, the rabbit would make his death quick and relatively painless compared to what his fool of a summoner was about to experience.

Just when I thought I'd seen everything, you come along and blow my expectations straight to hell. :animyikes:
Kage Husha

Unread postby MEKristian » June 9th, 2008, 12:30 pm

"Kid, there'd better be a very good reason to call me during my pre-Baywatch marathon preparations."

"I'm sorry Boss, but this guy's just too strong for me to take on my own. And he hurt my teammates!" A razor-edged tinge of hate entered the Blonde's voice as he gestured back toward where his clones were desperately trying to stabilize Hinata and Shino, the innocent looking white rabbit he'd summoned earlier to protect them absently gnawing on Kabuto's severed arm like an oversized carrot off to one side.

The mini-lop fixed beady eyes on his opponent. "I could use a new snakeskin wallet anyway." The rabbit was suddenly in the air, heading straight for the Sannin, while Manda merely closed his eyes and waited for the inevitable. If he was lucky, the rabbit would make his death quick and relatively painless compared to what his fool of a summoner was about to experience.

Just when I thought I'd seen everything, you come along and blow my expectations straight to hell. :animyikes:
Surpassing the impossible and kicking reason to the curb is what fanfiction is about.
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby Kage Husha » June 9th, 2008, 1:21 pm

Surpassing the impossible and kicking reason to the curb is what fanfiction is about.
Too true, Tattoo.
Kage Husha

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 9th, 2008, 1:41 pm

*I buff my fingers against my shirt* One does ones best. :cool
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Kage Husha » June 9th, 2008, 3:45 pm

*I buff my fingers against my shirt* One does ones best. :cool

OK Fonzie.

:roll:

:rofl
Kage Husha

Unread postby tjchaos » June 9th, 2008, 6:41 pm

For Matthew's 'Team 8', at this time I think it would be more interesting to see at least one more scene with Jiraiya attempting to convince Naruto to sign the Toad contract. I can't see Jiraiya giving up on that very easily. I imagine that being offered the chance to sign a summons contract doesn't come around every day and Kurenai is probably a bit conflicted on the idea of Naruto passing up such an opportunity. While I'm sure she is quite proud of him being concerned for his team mate, it is a great advantage that should not be tossed aside lightly. Shino himself might even argue that Narutos concerns are misplaced, provided he can get past the 'voracious insectivore' aspect of a toad summons.
tjchaos

Unread postby Kage Husha » June 9th, 2008, 6:55 pm

For Matthew's 'Team 8', at this time I think it would be more interesting to see at least one more scene with Jiraiya attempting to convince Naruto to sign the Toad contract. I can't see Jiraiya giving up on that very easily. I imagine that being offered the chance to sign a summons contract doesn't come around every day and Kurenai is probably a bit conflicted on the idea of Naruto passing up such an opportunity. While I'm sure she is quite proud of him being concerned for his team mate, it is a great advantage that should not be tossed aside lightly. Shino himself might even argue that Narutos concerns are misplaced, provided he can get past the 'voracious insectivore' aspect of a toad summons.
Naruto would just have to do a better job at getting Gamabunta to accept him as his Master.
Kage Husha

Unread postby Togusa » June 9th, 2008, 7:02 pm

Well, summoning foxes maybe would be too much of a cliché. But for Naruto I'd like something polivalent for "fight or flee". Big toads are cool for fighting monsters, but for more mundane applications, maybe they lack some agility.

In my opinion, wolves would be cool. Customly sizeable, and allowing multiple summoning would be some cool assistance for Team 8 in dire situations.

Of course, I'm Mononoke-biased :yay: :cheers:
Togusa

Unread postby tjchaos » June 9th, 2008, 7:44 pm

Naruto would just have to do a better job at getting Gamabunta to accept him as his Master.

Actually I think Naruto of 'Team 8' could easily not have or even need a summons. I just think that more Jiraiya and Kurenai interaction would be great with the current story. The toad contract seems to me to be a very interesting avenue for more of that.

Then again I do believe that the idea of a turtle contract has been tossed about around here. Seeing that chapter 38 of the manga implied that Gai may have signed a turtle contract that is a possibility. I don't see Gai offering such an opportunity to Neji, Lee might not be able or rather probably isn't able to manipulate his chakra for summoning. Leaving Tenten Gai's only choice among his genin. There simply isn't enough info to gauge whether or not she would be a likely candidate for Gai to hand off the presumed turtle contract to.
tjchaos

Unread postby biomonkey » June 9th, 2008, 7:49 pm

I liked the red panda contract or whatever from "Uzumaki Amongst the Dunes". I mean, dear god, have you seen those things? No matter how much my masculinity might take a hit for doing so, I gotta say those things are damn cute. Besides, how awesome would it be to see one of these:
wielding a set of battle axes? It would be win incarnated. Win incarnated that is also on Fire.
Last edited by biomonkey on June 9th, 2008, 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
biomonkey

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 9th, 2008, 7:56 pm

Another good summon would be something like various beetles, especially if they came sized from normal to AT-AT size. Or dragonflies the size of 747s on down. :D Or perhaps even the medium to small sized cats, like Leopards, Jaguars, Pumas and Ocelots.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Kage Husha » June 9th, 2008, 8:22 pm

Another good summon would be something like various beetles, especially if they came sized from normal to AT-AT size. Or dragonflies the size of 747s on down. :D Or perhaps even the medium to small sized cats, like Leopards, Jaguars, Pumas and Ocelots.
I got another one! How about the sand worms from Dune? Those were AWESOME!

:waytogo
Kage Husha

Unread postby KingOfShippers » June 9th, 2008, 8:47 pm

As stupid as it may sound, how about a chicken summon and there is a giant fire breathing chicken in Japanese Mythology, other suggestions could be something along the lines of a Big cat summon.
KingOfShippers

Unread postby imapathetic » June 9th, 2008, 9:32 pm

I hate to be practical, because Bun-Bun is just kickass and the red pandas are cute, but if given a choice (or author intervention) shouldn't Naruto get something that fits a recon team? A summon that can go anywhere and no one would suspect it? Tough and something few would want to mess with. An incredible freak out factor. And really good at destroying evidence you've been there (like dead bodies).

Yes, I mean... cockroaches. They can be incredibly versatile. For urban hiding, they can clean an area for you, then have them move some trash/garbage around your hide-hole and tell them to be obvious about sentry duty and people stay away.

Can anyone think of a task that is too disgusting for a cockroach?

And if the summons can get normal roaches to leave or infest an area, the possibilities.

They don't do well in cold areas, but few creatures do.

Sure, Shino should have the insect angle covered, but it would be amusing if even the Aburame didn't want to be near roaches.
How much worse would Naruto's reputation get if he could summon roaches? Hinata and Kurenai would also just be thrilled. But I can ignore that because this is crack speculation. Gotta love it.
And I am so punchy from work right now.
imapathetic

AOL: workingcog

Unread postby viridian » June 9th, 2008, 11:29 pm

I've already decided on this issue, but I will give one spoiler right now:

NO ROACHES!!!

(I used to live in South Louisiana...)
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Unread postby Kage Husha » June 10th, 2008, 12:01 am

NO ROACHES!!!

Louisiana? :animyikes:

Thank GOD you moved!
Kage Husha

Unread postby Ironwolf » June 10th, 2008, 1:55 am

A friend of mine shot a roach with a Colt 1911...or was it a 1914?...and it still didn't die>_< A possible contract for a heavy combat, reargard for a scout team? Got to go with the wolf plug, they represent all of the right philosophies that Kurenai has been cultivating with Naruto for the entire story, the pack is everything, but the pack is nothing without its members.
Ironwolf

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 10th, 2008, 2:53 am

But would they be willing to accept someone who houses the Nine-Tails as their master? For a decent summon that'd be useful both for heavy combat and easily able to keep pace with a retreating recon team, I'd have to say that the medium cats, ie anything smaller than a lion but larger than a lynx, would be a perfect choice. The only things would be deciding which genus would be the Boss over them all, and how the heck to get them to work well with Team 8.

In retrospect, they're not really suited for the kind of work Naruto would be doing at all. But getting back to my beetle suggestion, not only would you have a beetle for practically every environment, but it would also probably get Naruto in good with the Aburame if he managed to convince some of his summons to donate genetic material to the clan breding program.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Essex » June 10th, 2008, 3:05 am

The totem spirits from White Wolf's old Werewolf: The Apocalypse game make for great inspiration for summoning contracts. I'm partial to Stag, a totem of respect.

Stag
Great Stag is an ancient spirit, older than the Fianna who claim him as totem. He is associated with masculinity, virility and the wild raw power of nature. Light and dark are both in Stag. He gave the Garou their affinity with nature, and he teaches responsibility towards humans, but he is also the master of the Wild Hunt. An avatar of Stag occasionally appears to lost Garou, leading them to safety or otherwise aiding them.
Traits: Stag's packs can call upon an extra three Willpower points per story, gain three dice to a Survival dice pool, and one die to Stamina dice pools for long-distance running. Each member gains three points of Honor Renown.
Ban: Children of Stag must always show respect towards prey, including performing a Prayer for the Prey after a successful hunt. Children of Stag must always aid the fey.

While Naruto would be oblivious to any symbolic association of a Stag summon with virility, much of the rest of the entry could easily describe him in Team 8. The stuff about the fey could be adapted to mean that you must respect the spirit realm.

Of course, having a Stag summon may be a little too Potterish for Naruto.
:)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am the man who will help you fan the flames of your youthful power to greater heights!"
"Arson? Cool!" Naruto said enthusiastically.
"I like fire," Sasuke admitted.
"Konoha shall burn," Hinata added quietly. - People Lie, Chapter 14.
Essex

Unread postby tjchaos » June 10th, 2008, 6:33 am

A friend of mine shot a roach with a Colt 1911...or was it a 1914?
1911 most likely, they're pretty common. I don't even know if there is a 1914.

Must have been one of those armored plated roaches from 'Damnation Alley'.
tjchaos

Unread postby Kage Husha » June 10th, 2008, 7:16 am

A friend of mine shot a roach with a Colt 1911...or was it a 1914?
1911 most likely, they're pretty common. I don't even know if there is a 1914.

Must have been one of those armored plated roaches from 'Damnation Alley'.
Now THOSE were some tough babies! :animyikes:
Kage Husha

Unread postby viridian » June 10th, 2008, 9:14 am

NO ROACHES!!!

Louisiana? :animyikes:

Thank GOD you moved!
Louisiana is great place to live... if you have a good job. Cost of living is dirt cheap, food is great. (They have almost a French attitude toward food. And a two-star restaurant in New Orleans is worth four starts in most other cities.) The summers are hot and humid, but the winters are mild. Economics (mostly the result of corrupt leadership) is one of the main reasons I moved.

But yeah, the four inch flying roaches were a drawback. :shock: :puke:
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Return to “%s” Team 8