The Defection of Uchiha Sasuke

Re: The Defection of Uchiha Sasuke

Unread postby MortisMage » September 3rd, 2013, 5:22 pm

Naruto blew up Sasuke's seal, and his Nine-Tails chakra turned into a flame bigger than Sasuke's Curse Mark flame.

Naruto didn't actually take care of the seal himself, and all he did was get Team 7 to the tower faster. Probably told Kurenai about it, but it wasn't mentioned if she did anything about it. Kakashi would end up sealing up the Curse Mark sooner rather than later... Sasuke rolls the shoulder with the Curse Mark on it, but we never get any detail about what happened to it.

Since he ended up not fighting Gaara at all, he's had no particular reason to use it.

I could be wrong, but I thought it was left ambiguous whether or not the seal/mark was still there.
MortisMage

Unread postby Wraith5 » September 3rd, 2013, 5:54 pm

Uhh... did you mean "Naruto blew up Orochimaru's seal"?
Naruto blew up Sasuke's seal, and his Nine-Tails chakra turned into a flame bigger than Sasuke's Curse Mark flame.

Naruto didn't actually take care of the seal himself, and all he did was get Team 7 to the tower faster. Probably told Kurenai about it, but it wasn't mentioned if she did anything about it. Kakashi would end up sealing up the Curse Mark sooner rather than later... Sasuke rolls the shoulder with the Curse Mark on it, but we never get any detail about what happened to it.

Since he ended up not fighting Gaara at all, he's had no particular reason to use it.

I could be wrong, but I thought it was left ambiguous whether or not the seal/mark was still there.
1) Naruto and Sasuke were both given the cursed seal (Naruto got it on his arm, Sasuke got his between his shoulder and neck, like in 'other canon').
2) The Kyuubi helped Naruto blow up his cursed seal, not Sasuke's.
3) The seal Kakashi used to contain the cursed seal on Sasuke's shoulder/neck relies on SASUKE'S willpower to keep the seal contained. If he wanted the cursed seal to activate, it would, and Kakashi's seal wouldn't be able to do a thing about it. Granted, it was never said whether or not Jiraiya got a look at the seal, so it is POSSIBLE it got fully removed, but I doubt it.
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"Sometimes I stop to think and forget to start again." - t-shirt
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
"Come to the Darkside; We have bacon." - t-shirt
Wraith5

Unread postby jgkitarel » September 3rd, 2013, 6:35 pm

Frankly, I do think it would be possible to do so, but is probably too dangerous or difficult to do so and there are ways to contain it. Keep in mind, Kakashi is not a seal master, Jiraya is, so he could probably do a better job with keeping it in line than Kakashi's attempt, which is dependent on Sasuke.

As for containing it, rather than removing it, ninjas are pragmatic enough to keep it on the assumption that they may later find a way to turn it to their purposes without Orochimaru being able to control it.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby Dechstreme » September 7th, 2013, 11:09 am

Pragmatism isn't always the right way. Look at Shimura Danzo. He's said to be a Pragmatist... but look at all the shit he did which only made things worse for the Hidden Leaf Village in the long run. I think trying to harness the Curse Seal isn't the right path, specially since Orochimaru CAN influence those that have that mark on them, making trying to harness it not only not very practical, but insane.
Dechstreme

Yahoo Messenger: dechstreme@yahoo.com

Unread postby PikuhanVsPiccolo » October 25th, 2013, 1:15 am

What if the time skip results in Jiraiya taking both Naruto and Sasuke on his grand tour? I'm sure the team8!sasuke would not defect to the less competent Orochimaru if he thinks Jiraiya could potentially beat his brother. Also, Kakashi could pull a favor in getting a better counter to the curse seal from Jiraiya.

Perhaps the Sannin Sensei mistakes this lone uchiha as the child of prophecy? They could even travel to see the toads. Sasuke learning sage mode should bypass his need to use the curse seal, or lead him to attempt to exploit it. Cursed Sage Sasuke?

Also, If Pein still runs into Jiraiya, Naruto and Sasuke would have an invested interest in his defeat. Sasuke fights Pein, Naruto fights Itachi, Orochimaru wins?
PikuhanVsPiccolo

Unread postby Wraith5 » October 25th, 2013, 7:26 am

Cursed Sage Sasuke?
That *might* work, but I'm pretty sure the curse seal would throw off the balance needed to enter/maintain sage mode.
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"Sometimes I stop to think and forget to start again." - t-shirt
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
"Come to the Darkside; We have bacon." - t-shirt
Wraith5

Unread postby Dechstreme » October 25th, 2013, 8:53 am

Jiraiya wouldn't mistake Sasuke for the child of prophecy... if only because there is no child of prophecy in Team 8 in the first place. Viridian had plotted out the story before that BS was revealed. Besides, Sasuke is too selfish to really be considered by Jiraiya, who'd be looking for someone like Minato to fill the spot.
Dechstreme

Yahoo Messenger: dechstreme@yahoo.com

Unread postby jgkitarel » October 28th, 2013, 6:55 pm

Pragmatism isn't always the right way. Look at Shimura Danzo. He's said to be a Pragmatist... but look at all the shit he did which only made things worse for the Hidden Leaf Village in the long run. I think trying to harness the Curse Seal isn't the right path, specially since Orochimaru CAN influence those that have that mark on them, making trying to harness it not only not very practical, but insane.
Pragmatism implies that one actually considers the consequences, even unintended ones. Danzo has demonstrated, canonically at least, neither. There is a difference between a pragmatic solution and an expedient solution for a reason, though expedience and pragmatism are often confused. Also, I should have added the addendum that Jiraya would espouse containing it as well, if only to give him time to develop a means to get rid of it if developing a means to use it without the unpleasant side effects is impractical. I agree that pragmatism isn't always the right way, if only because it is impossible to account for every possibility and there has to be some standards that are maintained.

As for sanity, we're talking about a kid with an obsession with killing his brother and has signs of being a borderline high-functioning sociopath. A trait, mind you, which would be considered desirable in the kind of society that makes use of child soldiers and assassins. Sane? Sasuke hasn't been sane since the Uchiha Massacre.
What if the time skip results in Jiraiya taking both Naruto and Sasuke on his grand tour? I'm sure the team8!sasuke would not defect to the less competent Orochimaru if he thinks Jiraiya could potentially beat his brother. Also, Kakashi could pull a favor in getting a better counter to the curse seal from Jiraiya.
Perhaps the Sannin Sensei mistakes this lone uchiha as the child of prophecy? They could even travel to see the toads. Sasuke learning sage mode should bypass his need to use the curse seal, or lead him to attempt to exploit it. Cursed Sage Sasuke?

Also, If Pein still runs into Jiraiya, Naruto and Sasuke would have an invested interest in his defeat. Sasuke fights Pein, Naruto fights Itachi, Orochimaru wins?[/quote]

I agree with Dechs that the Child of Prophecy bit is a no sell here, since the :bow Evil!Authorlord :bow stated that anything past Chapter 354 in the manga does not apply. That doesn't mean that Jiraya wouldn't have other reasons to bring Sasuke along, though,
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby JediMasterDraco » April 9th, 2016, 4:58 pm

Practicing a little Thread Necromancy, but who would most likely be called to lead a Sasuke Retrieval Mission if he went rogue? As was pointed out previously, Konoha is a lot stronger and more stable than it was so it could be some random jonin/chuunin, but assuming it's one of the Konoha 12 who would be the best choice and who would they bring?
JediMasterDraco

Return to “%s” Team 8