Crowning Moments of Funny in Team 8

Re: Crowning Moments of Funny in Team 8

Unread postby AntiNaba » December 18th, 2009, 4:36 am

If Shibi is the emotionally restrained sort, wouldn't that be explosive sexual intercourse? Y'know, what with the sudden swarming as...

... Jesus Christ. Why is it that only now am I actually creeped out by the Aburame?
AntiNaba

Unread postby spudman » December 18th, 2009, 5:20 am

Between both Anti and the Authorlord there is simply too much EVIL in this thread. The Great Old Ones themselves would flee in terror. *shudder*
spudman

Unread postby Random_fan » December 18th, 2009, 5:41 am

As far as I'm concerened that scene happened during the month before the chunin exam or was that an upcoming scene?
Random_fan

Unread postby Dechstreme » December 18th, 2009, 8:17 am

If you are talking about the last thing Viridian Posted, it didn't happen. It was just a little something he wrote to mess with us, and prove just WHY he's the Authorlord.

Mein Gott, I would have never thought of something like that... :panic:
Dechstreme

Yahoo Messenger: dechstreme@yahoo.com

Unread postby Random_fan » December 18th, 2009, 8:19 am

Yes I was talking about that and the reason I asked is because you can never be sure with the Authorlord
Random_fan

Unread postby Dechstreme » December 18th, 2009, 8:38 am

What's there to be unsure about? We can always be certain that we'll NEVER know what he has up his sleeves, and even if we somehow partially guess on something... he's just going to make it more awesome than we expect.
Dechstreme

Unread postby Random_fan » December 18th, 2009, 8:41 am

True.
Random_fan

Unread postby Darkandus » December 18th, 2009, 9:12 am

Ah...I finally understand. The Aburame don't cultivate their stoic demeanor out of any need to not agitate the Kikai, it's to improve the impact of their Trolling. I suddenly find myself liking them even more than before.
Spoiler: show
Darkandus

Unread postby Dechstreme » December 18th, 2009, 11:26 am

Huh? :?:
Dechstreme

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » December 18th, 2009, 2:24 pm

Darkandus and Dervon are both professional Trolls. It's just they manage to keep it within acceptable levels while they're on this forum.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Darkandus » December 18th, 2009, 2:29 pm

Well, I wouldn't call myself professional. More of a hobbyist really. Besides, I don't often inflict myself upon the forum because I like it too much.
Darkandus

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » December 18th, 2009, 2:35 pm

Fair enough. I'm positive that Dervon is a professional Troll though.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Dechstreme » December 18th, 2009, 2:40 pm

Isn't being a troll normally a BAD thing?
Dechstreme

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » December 18th, 2009, 2:46 pm

He managed to beat the odds and become a benevolent Troll. That and he knows that the usual Troll behavior on this forum brings out the Ban-Scythe.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby AntiNaba » December 18th, 2009, 3:19 pm

He's a professional. He took the rite of teh.
AntiNaba

Unread postby unknown388 » December 18th, 2009, 4:30 pm

That's OK; in my head, Shino is voiced by Lawrence Fishburne (especially after the prelims).
Wait, what?
In my head, especially after Shino's question to Lee and Tenten ("What variety of flowers would be appropriate...for your teammate's funeral?") when I read Shino's lines, I hear them in Lawrence Fishburne's voice (especially as Morpheus from The Matrix trilogy; Shino's question especially reminds me of Morpheus' question in 'Reloaded'; "Would that include a bullet from this gun?")
unknown388

Unread postby Dechstreme » December 18th, 2009, 7:56 pm

.... No, I just don't see it. Sorry.

Okay, getting things back on topic...

Ah.. man.... I can't think of a single crowning moment of funny!!!
Dechstreme

Unread postby doc.exe » December 19th, 2009, 1:59 am

Well, this scene is one of my favorites. I just could not stop laughing at the very end.
Kurenai shook her head, as if to clear it of unwanted memories, and glanced up at the clock. The test should be over by now. She glanced at the others sitting there. Kakashi was reading one of his little orange books, Gai was doing one-armed push-ups on the floor, and Asuma was smoking and trying to talk Gai into joining him in some elaborate betting pool regarding the exam results.
The door to the temporary waiting room opened and everyone looked up. However, instead of Ibiki with the test results, they saw two of the younger special-jonin, Gekko Hayate and Shiranui Genma. The latter stopped after entering the room and just started laughing for some strange reason.

“What’s so funny?” Asuma asked in a faintly belligerent tone.

Hayate just shook his head and elbowed Genma. “Sorry, but we have to ask. Have any of you left the lounge since the exam started?”

All four jonin shook their heads.

Hayate let out a sigh. “That’s what I thought,” he said.

By this time Genma had mastered his amusement and cocked his head, peering at them. It seemed to Kurenai that his attention was focused on her and Gai. “At least the henge were good likenesses,” he said after a moment.

“Excuse me?” Kurenai asked, narrowing her eyes.

Genma looked over at Hayate, who sighed and nodded. “I was assigned to patrolling near the examination building this afternoon,” Genma explained. “I caught three people on a rooftop trying to signal someone in the examination room. They appeared to be you and Gai-san, along with Umino Iruka, one of the Chuunin who teach at the Academy, but when I confronted them they didn’t act quite right.” Genma shook his head at that point. “I hit them with some poisoned senbon, but they just exploded… I’m pretty sure now that they were shadow clones. I stopped them, but we’re still wondering who did it.”

Kurenai shook her head. She knew of only one clone-user that would pick her, Gai, and Iruka as models. But what the hell was he thinking?

Kakashi looked up from his book. “Since the first exam is over now, did Ibiki-san use the Prisoner’s Dilemma, the Impossible Task, or something even more devious and twisted on our students?”

Hayate looked puzzled at the question, but he answered the copy-ninja nonetheless. “I believe he went with the second option, with two of his confederates seeded into the examinees to copy from.”

At that point, Kakashi’s face twisted under his ever-present mask. It wasn’t until Kurenai noted the tilt in his visible eye that she realized he was smiling. “You’ve been had, Genma-san.”

“What do you mean?” Kurenai asked sharply.

“Do any of you regularly use Kage Bunshin no Jutsu?” Kakashi asked.

Everyone shook their heads.

Kakashi shrugged. “It’s not surprising; it takes a lot of chakra to summon a clone that will disappear the first time it’s hit. More than a few will tap my reserves, so it’s only useful in certain situations. One of the reasons it’s such a chakra drain is because you are molding enough chakra for it to have a physical presence, without a sustaining material to give it mass, like with Mizu Bunshin. Another reason is because the user is creating a faint impression of his consciousness on the bunshin, allowing it to think somewhat independently.”

Kurenai remembered working with Shino on the roof repairs, and carrying on a conversation with one of Naruto’s clones, thinking it was the original. “Does the degree of independent thought depend on the amount of chakra used to create the clone?” she asked curiously. It was odd, once you got Kakashi talking about the technical details of an advanced jutsu, how his goofball persona seemed to just fall away for a time.

“To a degree,” Kakashi agreed with a nod. “One side effect of the impression process is this: when a clone is dispelled, the knowledge and memories gained by this secondary consciousness will revert to the original.”

“So what you’re saying,” Asuma interrupted, crushing out his cigarette, “is the jutsu user will know everything the clone knows?”

“That’s right,” Kakashi said. “I remember the night we agreed on the team assignments, Iruka said something about Uzumaki Naruto mastering Kage Bunshin no Jutsu?”

Kurenai frowned. “Yes, and those were probably his clones. But from the way you described Ibiki’s strategy… I believe you called it ‘The Impossible Task’, and his use of confederates… the students were supposed to cheat to pass?”

Kakashi shrugged, but Hayate nodded slightly.

“It sounds like Naruto had enough time that night to learn a jounin-level technique,” Kakashi said with an obvious smirk under his mask, “but not enough time to read all the fine print. Otherwise his clones wouldn’t have been trying so hard to signal him… they could have just dispersed themselves to give him whatever information they had collected.”

“Wait!” Genma shouted, the ever-present senbon falling out of the corner of his mouth. “That means when I…”

“When you disrupted his clones, you helped them achieve their mission,” Kakashi said lightly. “I’m sure Kurenai-sama appreciates you helping her genin… maybe you should ask her out on a date?”

Kurenai glared at the infamous copy-ninja. “Do you really think you have enough traps guarding your ‘literature’ collection, Kakashi?”

Kakashi paled for a moment, but then nodded.

“If I hired my team for a C-rank mission to burn them all, it would be money well spent,” she replied. “Do you really want to bet all your little orange books against the deviousness of the most notorious prankster to ever graduate from the Academy? I must warn you, he’s been saving up – he even fooled me once with a genjutsu.”

Kakashi visibly swallowed and slowly shook his head.

Asuma grunted. “You fight dirty,” he said approvingly.

Kurenai just smiled at him.

At this point Genma was banging his head against the wall, while Hayate tried to console him. Gai finished his push-ups, but seemed to still have a lot of nervous energy. He jumped to his feet and began lecturing Kakashi about how he should never try to be ‘cool and hip’ toward Kurenai-san, a sensei who so obviously understood the power of youth… not noticing that Kakashi had his nose again buried in the book cradled protectively in his hands.

All the noise was starting to give Kurenai a headache, so she got up and began walking toward the door. As she reached out to open it, it moved aside on its own. Ibiki stood in the doorway, his face impassive but his dark eyes glittering as she stepped back to allow him entrance.

“Is that Uzumaki brat one of yours?” he asked without greeting.

Kurenai merely raised an eyebrow. His words betrayed more emotion than he usually allowed to show. “Yes. Yes, he is. What of it?”

“That’s what I thought,” he said as he handed her the test results. “Got your fingerprints all over him, so to speak. Got one of the highest scores without being observed cheating at all, my assistants are still trying to figure out how he did it.”

“He had some unwitting assistance,” Kurenai replied absently as her eyes flitted down the scoring summary. She smiled slightly. All of her genin had done well, exceptionally well in fact. She looked up at Ibiki, who was visibly glowering. “We just figured it out – you can ask Genma. Now what else happened?”

Ibiki sighed. “The last question was a gut-check, to see if they could commit in a high-stress situation. I told them that if they chose to answer the last question and failed, they could never take the exam again.”

Kurenai frowned. “That must have gone over well.”

“Well, it did the job. All the wimps were bailing out like rats leaving a sinking ship, when your genin jumps up on his desk and starts shouting at me,” Ibiki continued, scowling. “He tells me I don’t have the authority to declare such a rule, and if I did, he’d be the first genin to become Hokage and then he’d fire me.”

“Fire you?” Kurenai asked, going very still. When Asuma nudged her shoulder, she handed him the exam results, still maintaining iron-rigid self control.

“Yes,” Ibiki confirmed sarcastically. “I believe the exact words were ‘I’ll fire your ass for making up stupid rules!’.”

“I see,” Kurenai said as she carefully edged toward the doorway. “I’ll have a word with him immediately regarding his language,” she promised as she slipped out into the hallway.

If anyone in the room heard the sound of muffled feminine laughter receding down the hallway, they chose not to say anything about it.
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby Vael » December 19th, 2009, 2:23 am

Oh snap! I knew I forgot that scene :chair

But this begs the question...just what is Team 8 gonna pull in the next Chuunin exams? :eep

Oh and incidentally, to all those nin who doubted Naruto would be a good fit in a recon team. Kagebunshin no Jutsu FTW! :rofl

:moon :biggrin2 :moon

That's all. :halo
~WARNING! MIND AT WORK!~

KH Wiki: The Keyhole
Fairly solid as a resource and rather organized, perfect for newcomers to KH.
Kingdom Hearts Wiki
Parent-site of The Keyhole, a little less organized in my opinion, but goes a little deeper into the mechanics of KH.
Vael

Unread postby Dechstreme » December 21st, 2009, 9:48 pm

Should the question be "What will they pull?" or "What won't they pull?"
Dechstreme

Unread postby datubaman » December 22nd, 2009, 3:09 am

This one had me cracking up for a good five-ten minutes.
Team Eight stood politely aside while Gai ushered his team into the exam room. Naruto made a point of ignoring Hyuuga Neji and the cold glares he shot at them. He didn’t know if it was Hinata, or if the boy somehow held him responsible for Lee’s drunken rampage. Naruto was completely innocent of that fiasco. However, he had to admit that if he’d known Lee would beat the snot out of the arrogant Hyuuga when liquored up, he’d have made sure it happened.

Frequently.
From Chapter 11

On another note, For some reason, I can really imagine Orochimaru being voiced by either Frank Welker (Megatron in G1 Transformers Cartoon) or Hugo Weaving (Agent Smith in The Matrix)
datubaman

Unread postby WarriorDrgnMage » December 22nd, 2009, 8:04 pm

This one had me cracking up for a good five-ten minutes.
On another note, For some reason, I can really imagine Orochimaru being voiced by either Frank Welker (Megatron in G1 Transformers Cartoon) or Hugo Weaving (Agent Smith in The Matrix)
Frank Welker is always Megatron. He voiced Megatron in the movies
Hugo Weaving => Lord Elrond :twisted:
WarriorDrgnMage

AOL: WarriorDrgnMage

Unread postby Dechstreme » December 22nd, 2009, 9:13 pm

No. They got Hugo Weaving to replace Frank for the live action movies.
Dechstreme

Unread postby WarriorDrgnMage » December 24th, 2009, 1:15 pm

No. They got Hugo Weaving to replace Frank for the live action movies.
If what you say is true then IMDB is wrong. Which granted can't be counted out but that's whaere I go my information.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0919798/
WarriorDrgnMage

AOL: WarriorDrgnMage

Unread postby MEKristian » December 24th, 2009, 1:36 pm

He voices Megatron in the video game of Revenge of the Fallen, but didn't play him in the movie.
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Return to “%s” Team 8