My gift to you.

Re: My gift to you.

Unread postby MrRigger2 » July 24th, 2010, 3:59 pm

I believe the argument isn't that it was unreasonable, it's that there's a moment that had the potential to be really awesome, showing just how much training Sasuke had been putting in after his team's failure to protect Tazuna (and if you don't think Sasuke would push himself to the brink after what he would see as a failure that big, you're crazy), and Matt simply denied the reader's that fight. It could have been something as cool as the Valley of the End fight in canon, instead, we don't see much of anything. I know that it is in character for Naruto to try and finish Sasuke as fast as possible, and I thought it was cool as hell. However, I can see where people come from when people say that it's an awful moment, as they wanted to see a fight between Naruto and Sasuke that doesn't involve Kyuubi chakra or the curse seal. It's all subjective.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby Wittgen » July 24th, 2010, 4:18 pm

That makes slightly more sense, but Sasuke still just got curse sealed. He was totally drained. He barely won against some random dude in canon. How is he going to beat a suped up Naruto? Bah.
Wittgen

Unread postby MrRigger2 » July 24th, 2010, 6:10 pm

I'm right there with you Wittgen. Though I do give Sasuke a bit more credit. He was exhausted, chakra depleted, and without his Sharingan or Ninjutsu in canon, and he still won against a guy who just had to get his hands on him for a few good attacks to drain Sasuke completely.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

MrRigger2

Unread postby Wittgen » July 24th, 2010, 6:19 pm

Oh, I guess I did imply that Sasuke's win in canon was unimpressive, but that was accidental. Sasuke's win was very impressive. I'm just saying that he had to work very hard and do some pretty impressive stuff to beat someone who was neither important nor powerful in the grand scheme of Naruto. Naruto is way up the chain from Mr. Energy sucker.
Wittgen

Unread postby datubaman » July 25th, 2010, 4:17 pm

Mr. Rigger, I DEMAND LINKAGE!
datubaman

Unread postby Daethalion » July 26th, 2010, 8:52 am

I prefer to view that one hit KO more as a sort of commentary on Naruto's feelings about the current situation rather than any display of skill by either party. We've all heard the cold hard facts about their physical status at the time, but again, in the world of Naruto characters have been shown escaping from near death with even greater strength and vigor than they had when they were fresh and rested. I'll simply say that I feel that in normal circumstances, Naruto probably would have taken his time to enjoy fighting Sasuke, no matter where they stood in relation to each other. That he cold-clocked him so fast tells me he was thinking more about his injured teammate and saying 'I don't have time for you right now'.
Daethalion

Unread postby MrRigger2 » July 26th, 2010, 12:11 pm

I'll try to give you linkage, but I'm exhausted right now and can't figure out exactly what you want linkage to at this very moment. But I don't want to disappoint, here's a link to kittens riding a roomba.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTxW3GWZ5hI

And one to people do to their computers that just make you say "wut? :eep "

http://www.rinkworks.com/stupid/cs_abuse.shtml

MrRigger

MrRigger2

Unread postby datubaman » July 26th, 2010, 2:18 pm

I'll try to give you linkage, but I'm exhausted right now and can't figure out exactly what you want linkage to at this very moment. But I don't want to disappoint, here's a link to kittens riding a roomba.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTxW3GWZ5hI

And one to people do to their computers that just make you say "wut? :eep "

http://www.rinkworks.com/stupid/cs_abuse.shtml

MrRigger
haha, very funny.
Give me a link to Embers.
datubaman

Unread postby MrRigger2 » July 26th, 2010, 7:48 pm

Sorry, I wasn't very awake when I posted that. I don't regret it though.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5115106/1/Theft_Absolute

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5398503/1/

The first link is to the prequel one-shot that starts the Embers universe, and the second one is to Embers itself.

MrRigger

MrRigger2

Unread postby Greybane » July 28th, 2010, 3:51 am

I will second the Embers rec by MrRigger. You can ask just how much I have gone on with people about this fic. Updates every three weeks as well!
Odd that. It actually worked.
Greybane

Unread postby MrRigger2 » July 28th, 2010, 10:30 am

With the next update being scheduled for this Friday. Just FYI.

MrRigger

MrRigger2

Unread postby jgkitarel » September 6th, 2010, 7:07 pm

Awwww-

*Get's shoved into a wall by a screaming, howling horde of...one woman...*
:punch

"WAIIII!!! SO CUTE!!!!!"

BACK, BACK MISAKI! BACK I SAY!!!
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Return to “%s” Team 8