Unread postby MEKristian » July 21st, 2010, 5:18 pm

... Can't help it:

NARUTO: The Last Airbender!

*Brick'd*
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Re: My gift to you.

Unread postby bookworm702 » July 21st, 2010, 5:48 pm

What makes it worse is that Naruto really is an airbender. Great work though, Datubaman, It's really good.
bookworm702

Unread postby datubaman » July 21st, 2010, 5:50 pm

I actually drew a lot of inspiration from the Last Airbender movie poster. ( A movie with so much potential and would have been awesome if Shyamalan was not the director)
datubaman

Unread postby bookworm702 » July 21st, 2010, 5:54 pm

Sorry, Datubaman, but I have no idea what you're talking about. I haven't heard about any movie for the Last Airbender, although that does sound like a really awesome idea. We should start a petition or something.
bookworm702

Unread postby WarriorDrgnMage » July 21st, 2010, 6:10 pm

Sorry, Datubaman, but I have no idea what you're talking about. I haven't heard about any movie for the Last Airbender, although that does sound like a really awesome idea. We should start a petition or something.
I know you're being serious but ummm....wow.....
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0938283/
WarriorDrgnMage

AOL: WarriorDrgnMage

Unread postby bookworm702 » July 21st, 2010, 6:24 pm

Nice try, Warrior, but that is clearly an amateur mock up trailer. You can tell by the cheap photoshop effects.
bookworm702

Unread postby gman391 » July 21st, 2010, 7:04 pm

Along with a few other adaptations COUGH*Tsukihime anime*COUGH

Everyone has decided that any Avatar the Last Airbender movie that was made didn't actually happen. It was merely a mass hallucination much like the Earthsea miniseries or the Star Wars Christmas Special

Don't argue just go along with it Mage.
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby datubaman » July 21st, 2010, 7:22 pm

WE SHOULD PETITION JAMES CAMERON TO MAKE IT!

The music was awesome, still.
datubaman

Unread postby unknown388 » July 21st, 2010, 8:44 pm

Well, we shouldn't ask Michael Bay; Aang would have no chance against a Bay-enhanced Fire Nation.

...unless he learns the little-known art of explosion-bending. :yaeh_am_not_durnk:
unknown388

Unread postby MrRigger2 » July 21st, 2010, 10:25 pm

Well, we shouldn't ask Michael Bay; Aang would have no chance against a Bay-enhanced Fire Nation.

...unless he learns the little-known art of explosion-bending. :yaeh_am_not_durnk:
Then you'd turn Aang into Combustion Man, and that would just be a bit too much. Personally, I'm scared by a Bay-enhanced Toph. Think about it and piddle yourself. :eep

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby Dechstreme » July 21st, 2010, 10:30 pm

Eh, guys, you completely lost me here.
Dechstreme

Yahoo Messenger: dechstreme@yahoo.com

Unread postby ewuvi » July 21st, 2010, 10:42 pm

Wait, we were trying to catch you?

Honestly, why you'd want to give anything with a modicum of wittiness to Michael Bay is beyond me. Hell, it'd be as bad, and possibly worse, than giving it to Shyamalan.
ewuvi

Unread postby Wittgen » July 21st, 2010, 10:56 pm

At least the special effects would probably have been pretty rather than muddled and dark. And the dialog would probably have had some humor. Of course, the racism factor would probably have been even greater.

I'm not sure why they felt the need to make a live action movie version at all. Smooshing 8ish hours of whimsical cartoon epic into an hour and half summer flick should seem like a bad idea to anyone, but the guys upstairs in Hollywood can be pretty silly.

Luckily, they're consistantly silly, so we have a good shot at seeing another live action Avatar movie in 15 years. Maybe, by that time, they'll even be ready to have actual Asian people starring in it.
Wittgen

Unread postby bookworm702 » July 21st, 2010, 11:25 pm

Or even better, we can look forward to the animated series sequal, the Legend of Korra! I just gobbled up all the information the internet has to offer on it, which boils down to a few sentences, and I'm stoked.
bookworm702

Unread postby MrRigger2 » July 22nd, 2010, 12:07 am

I've heard that they plan on making two sequels regardless of how the first one does, but that may have been before audiences actually watched it.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby bookworm702 » July 22nd, 2010, 12:14 am

Yes, I suppose that had the movie been made, Shyamalan could have said he was going ahead with the sequals regardless. However, from what I read, Legend of Korra is going to be a sequel series on Nickelodeon set 100 years after the end of The Last Airbender.
bookworm702

Unread postby datubaman » July 22nd, 2010, 2:18 am

RTD sure sets in fast, don't it?

Seriously, what do you guys think of it?
datubaman

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » July 22nd, 2010, 2:27 am

Looks pretty awesome to me dude.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby gman391 » July 22nd, 2010, 3:10 am

It looks nice. Not entirely sure why you made it but it looks nice.
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Dechstreme » July 22nd, 2010, 11:01 am

Well, does he really need a reason to make a good title thing like that other than because he thinks Viridian's story is awesome and thought it deserves it?
Dechstreme

Yahoo Messenger: dechstreme@yahoo.com

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » July 22nd, 2010, 1:41 pm

Well, does he really need a reason to make a good title thing like that other than because he thinks Viridian's story is awesome and thought it deserves it?
No. No he does not.
Awesomeness is its own reason for existence, and that poster is awesome.
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby Stormseed » July 22nd, 2010, 4:40 pm

Or even better, we can look forward to the animated series sequal, the Legend of Korra! I just gobbled up all the information the internet has to offer on it, which boils down to a few sentences, and I'm stoked.
Hearing about this has made me think that maybe it's about time to watch the original.
Stormseed

Unread postby datubaman » July 23rd, 2010, 7:14 pm

Right now, I really want to know the Evil Authorlord has to say of this.
datubaman

Unread postby viridian » July 23rd, 2010, 11:54 pm

Right now, I really want to know the Evil Authorlord has to say of this.
[Father Guido Sarducci Voice]: It's-a vurra nice! :mrgreen:
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Return to “%s” Team 8