Yet again the sincerest form of flattery...

Yet again the sincerest form of flattery...

Unread postby darkflame » September 6th, 2013, 3:46 pm

I'm pretty new to the forums despite having followed Viridian's stories for a long time now, starting with NoFP, and with that said I wish that my first post was on a more pleasant note. Recently I've started delving yet again into reading fanfiction and I ran across a story that I've been trying to give a chance since it could be an interesting idea despite the writing style not being up to par yet.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9549905/7/Shoton-of-Konoha

If anyone else would like to take a look at chapter 7 just in case I'm being paranoid but the teaching scene with kurenai about halfway through the story caught my attention, and not in a good way either. Admittedly the current author might be innocent since supposedly he adopted the story and kept the first 14 chapters as they were but its still a bit too similar.
darkflame

Re: Yet again the sincerest form of flattery...

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » September 6th, 2013, 5:36 pm

Yeah, that scene looks like it was pretty much copy-pasted from Team 8.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Wraith5 » September 6th, 2013, 8:34 pm

Yeah... I'm pretty sure that was a direct copy-paste. The only thing I didn't see was the whole "grab Tenten, shake her, yell at her, and force her to wake up and see the real world" line of thought. Also, the difference in word flow is so obvious it HURTS.
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"Sometimes I stop to think and forget to start again." - t-shirt
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
"Come to the Darkside; We have bacon." - t-shirt
Wraith5

Unread postby viridian » September 7th, 2013, 3:50 pm

Not so happy to see that, but Tempest has already reported them. We'll let the admins at ff.net do their thing.
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Return to “%s” Team 8