Chapter 23...

Re: Chapter 23...

Unread postby Zelenal » March 15th, 2015, 4:30 pm

Okay. Their names would be relatively hard for the Japanese to pronounce. Never denied that.

You know what? Fuck it. This is absolutely retarded. The chapter was awesome, it's great to have you back, and that's all that matters.
Zelenal

Unread postby jgkitarel » March 16th, 2015, 12:26 pm

You weren't the only one to think that it would be those four, which would be hilarious. Also, keep in mind that the :bow Evil! Authorlord :bow didn't deny it, either.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby Wraith5 » March 16th, 2015, 12:51 pm

Ah, but by the same logic, you'll notice he also didn't confirm it... :hidden:
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"Sometimes I stop to think and forget to start again." - t-shirt
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
"Come to the Darkside; We have bacon." - t-shirt
Wraith5

Unread postby jgkitarel » March 16th, 2015, 5:18 pm

This is speculation Wraith, when has this thing called "logic" ever applied?
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby Wraith5 » March 16th, 2015, 10:35 pm

I dunno.
:nom_nom:
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"Sometimes I stop to think and forget to start again." - t-shirt
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
"Come to the Darkside; We have bacon." - t-shirt
Wraith5

Unread postby doc.exe » March 17th, 2015, 5:05 pm

I finally got the chance to read the chapter during the long weekend. I liked all the different snippets showcasing their progress, as well as the references to famous turtles.

I think it is fairly obvious who the Four are, the real question is which version of them will appear: The version that started it all in the B&W comics? The classic 1987 animated version? The relatively more somber 2003 version? The most contemporary 2012 version? Or (God help us!) the Michael Bay version?

Also, I never realized it before but Mikey’s full name is a nightmare to write/speak in Japanese.
Does that mean Jiraiya can summon Attila, Genghis, Napoleon, and Rasputin?
Oh! The possibilities... :yaeh_am_not_durnk:
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby Zelenal » March 17th, 2015, 6:21 pm

Mikeranjero, Donaterro, Reonarudo, Rafaeru

Not really. That's the name of everyone in the TMNT filtered through Japanese.
Zelenal

Unread postby viridian » March 18th, 2015, 5:22 pm

Okay. Their names would be relatively hard for the Japanese to pronounce. Never denied that.

You know what? Fuck it. This is absolutely retarded. The chapter was awesome, it's great to have you back, and that's all that matters.
I was just making the point that they were all five considered weird and/or hard to pronounce. Clothahump just made the connection when he realized why the others might call him "Old One"...
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Unread postby doc.exe » March 21st, 2015, 12:40 pm

Ok, I'm now wondering if I have been pronouncing "Michelangelo" wrong my entire life.
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Return to “%s” Team 8