Chapter 24 on the works

Chapter 24 on the works

Unread postby featherhat » April 7th, 2015, 3:38 pm

Just registered to point out my appreciation and excitement for a new chapter, thank you viridian for your work, undoubtedly my favorite fanfiction work ever! Looking forward to see how your story will further separate from the original, must say I wasn't happy with where Kishimoto took the story but I'm confident in your ability and that which ever way you take the story it will be an exciting and original read.
featherhat

Re: Chapter 24 on the works

Unread postby viridian » April 16th, 2015, 11:18 pm

Thank you for the vote of confidence!

Chapter 24 is with the betas now, and the sneak preview is up on Patreon now!

https://www.patreon.com/creation?hid=2213828&rf=237508
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Unread postby maxvlad » April 23rd, 2015, 7:01 am

Dear AuthorLord, sir!

Could you be so generous to tell me how can I read this Chapter? Sneak preview send me to start page of Patreon.

p.s. comission percent for donation is just ungodly. :O_O:
maxvlad

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » April 23rd, 2015, 8:32 pm

You wait until it's posted like everyone else?
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Wraith5 » April 23rd, 2015, 8:36 pm

As a non-patron, I'm just wondering when the chapter will be posted... Would it be too much to ask for an ETA?
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"Sometimes I stop to think and forget to start again." - t-shirt
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
"Come to the Darkside; We have bacon." - t-shirt
Wraith5

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » April 23rd, 2015, 9:15 pm

Given that it's at 100%+, probably very soon.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby viridian » April 24th, 2015, 12:26 am

It's up now.
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Unread postby Zelenal » April 24th, 2015, 12:47 am

Just read it.

Oh my god, the squee is real.

Just...

So much that I can't really comment on anything else right now.
Zelenal

Unread postby Nitramy » April 24th, 2015, 2:40 am

slowly but surely / the moon / quietly goes to the stars
my fanfiction.net profile
Nitramy

AOL: linuxblacksarena

Unread postby MorphCrossing » April 24th, 2015, 8:25 am

Like sipping high fructose corn syrup through a straw?

The chapter still has me laughing, particularly when it comes to Shino realizing that his parents are...well...yeah. Bird and the bees, circle of life, and a post invasion attempt baby boom. Hinata hitting the floor when she Byakugans' Naruto in the shower.
Formerly known as MorphCross before the great deletion of 2011. The Creature Lives!
MorphCrossing

Unread postby doc.exe » April 25th, 2015, 2:43 pm

Had two tabs open and wrote the wrong response on this one. Sorry about that -_-

But commenting on the chapter, one word: FINAALLLYYY! :TT_TT:

Also, the team is back together and heading towards a new Chunin Exam! 8-)

And I’m probably a terrible person for deriving so much humor from Shino’s reactions to Gai’s training methods. XD

I’m a bit curious about the direction of the storyline though, particularly given you are incorporating some details that only recently appeared on the manga. I wonder if you are sticking to your previous outline, changing course or just making minor alterations.
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby KurosakiIchigo » April 25th, 2015, 9:48 pm

Clothahump? Seriously? Is Mudge gonna show up, too? Weegee or Talea? You sneaky bugger, you :ninja: . Jon-Tom going to sing for us? Spellsinger indeed. Took me reading the chapter twice to realize it!
KurosakiIchigo

Unread postby viridian » April 26th, 2015, 3:19 am

Mudge won't show unless Temari really works on her summons. As for Jon-Tom, I don't think anyone has the Stoner Contract.
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Unread postby KurosakiIchigo » April 26th, 2015, 3:33 am

Jon-Tom could always accidentally spellsing himself there...it's a thought! :biggrin:
KurosakiIchigo

Unread postby Zelenal » April 26th, 2015, 3:53 am

I'm looking forward to the next chapter just to see how Hinata reacts once everything's settled in.

And how Jiraiya reacts once he learns of it.
Zelenal

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » April 26th, 2015, 4:11 am

I'm looking forward to the next chapter just to see how Hinata reacts once everything's settled in.

Learns of what exactly? Hinata and Naruto seeing if they can be more than friends? That's gonna bring back some bittersweet memories I think.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Zelenal » April 26th, 2015, 4:23 am

Learns of what exactly? Hinata and Naruto seeing if they can be more than friends? That's gonna bring back some bittersweet memories I think.
I'd imagine that the Ero-Sennin would react in his usual bombastic manner once he learns that his godson finally has a girlfriend. Especially since it'd probably release him from one of the promises he made Kurenai (he promised that he wouldn't tease them much about their relationship back then due to various reasons. Now that they are dating, it should be fair game). Also, after missing out on so much, I really can't see Jiraiya not doing something to be a part of his godson's life (especially for something as major as his first [and likely only] girlfriend).
Zelenal

Unread postby viridian » April 26th, 2015, 10:45 am

I have his angle in mind, and it's none of the above.
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Unread postby Zelenal » April 26th, 2015, 11:07 am

If it's not painful memories or his usual bombastic bit then that leaves... Trying to get them to hold off for now? They're still rather young (12, I think?) and circumstances make either of them dating right now a poor decision (what with Naruto having just learned what love is and Hinata's laundry list of problems). Honestly, now that I think about it, having them get together right now would probably be a really bad idea. Kurenai may have messed up in revealing that bit of information to Naruto (especially since, despite my theories, I'm not entirely sure why she did it).

The only other reaction I can think of is a lack thereof but I can't see that happening.

Now a question for you, O AuthorLord: Why did you Joss two theories regarding the next chapter? Doing so just lets us have a better chance of figuring out what's going to happen and you don't want your readers to be a step or three ahead of you, right?
Zelenal

Unread postby Wraith5 » April 26th, 2015, 1:37 pm

Actually, I think they'd both be 13 by this point. After all, it has been 6 months since the last exam, and it was several months (by the sound of things) between graduation and the exam, and they were both 12 then. Then again, not really a significant detail...
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"Sometimes I stop to think and forget to start again." - t-shirt
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
"Come to the Darkside; We have bacon." - t-shirt
Wraith5

Unread postby MorphCrossing » April 26th, 2015, 8:47 pm

Canon Law sticks the Chuunin exams starting on the first day of the 7th moon. Also given comments by people in the story about daylight getting shorter would suggest that the Chuunin Exam occurred after the Summer Solstice. There are other factors to consider (the fact that Kishimoto couldn't reconcile his times properly in the original manga) but more than likely everyone would be 13 and some characters are probably approaching 14. Granted the AuthorLord is not beholden to "Canon Law" -not even the anime was in some regards- so this is just me shotgunning a proof of age scenario.
Formerly known as MorphCross before the great deletion of 2011. The Creature Lives!
MorphCrossing

Unread postby Nitramy » April 28th, 2015, 12:04 am

I'd laugh if an ally of Naruto's had the Rat summoning scroll.

He or she would probably have the Nezumi of Kamigawa as medium- to high-level summons (Ink-Eyes being the boss summon) but the sage of the tribe would be someone the Four (of the Turtle contract) respects.

Speaking of which, I found the perfect song for the last part of Chapter 24: "Girlfriend" by Kamikazee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl-APwWSBd8
Nitramy

Unread postby PencilMonkey » April 28th, 2015, 5:23 am

I'd laugh if an ally of Naruto's had the Rat summoning scroll.

He or she would probably have the Nezumi of Kamigawa as medium- to high-level summons (Ink-Eyes being the boss summon) but the sage of the tribe would be someone the Four (of the Turtle contract) respects.
Well, the Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Heroes 3 video game introduced a summoning technique known as Fire Rats Cometh, so...

Also, Kisame has been shown in canon to be a shark summoner, so when Naruto finally finds Itachi and gets a chance to avenge Kurenai's murder, there's a risk that Kisame might summon The Other Four. :omg:
If you're looking for fan drawings of Harry Potter, Naruto, and plenty more besides, come check out:

My Tumblr

My DeviantArt page
PencilMonkey

Unread postby Nitramy » April 28th, 2015, 11:45 am

Maybe the fact that they're good guys is the real reason why Kisame doesn't actually summon The Other Four.
Nitramy

Unread postby PencilMonkey » April 28th, 2015, 12:15 pm

Maybe the fact that they're good guys is the real reason why Kisame doesn't actually summon The Other Four.
Good point. He'd probably have more success if he summoned The Saw-Nose, The Nikopol, or even The Moneylender.

Not sure how The Arrancar would react, but summoning her would probably not be the worth the risk of severe violence being inflicted on the summoner if they ticked her off.
If you're looking for fan drawings of Harry Potter, Naruto, and plenty more besides, come check out:

My Tumblr

My DeviantArt page
PencilMonkey

Return to “%s” Team 8