Hiashi's Reason

Hiashi's Reason

Unread postby JediMasterDraco » February 24th, 2016, 2:36 am

Okay, we all know that viridian is a fantastic writer. The conspiracy has a pretty obvious goal: drive Naruto to the point where Danzo (the Hitler Wannabe) can have him put in ROOT (thus why the banker said ANBU is to be called in the event of Naruto turning violent). Hiashi is helping likely because Danzo helped him arrange for Kurenai's team to be destroyed. What I'm curious is as to why Hiashi acts like this. Viridian has enumerated numerous times that there is a reason for him acting like a complete asshole. I believe it has something to do with Hizashi. The whole deal with Hizashi being branded for being the second-born doesn't make much sense from a logical standpoint (her and the spare) because the Clan wouldn't accept being ruled by one with the Caged Bird Seal. My bet is that Hizashi had to take the Seal because A) he fell in love with a Branch family member (which Hiashi saw as a betrayal) or B) He committed some at of betrayal (why?).

Thoughts?
JediMasterDraco

Re: Hiashi's Reason

Unread postby jgkitarel » February 24th, 2016, 6:45 am

There are a lot of potential reasons, and only a few have guessed right according to the :bow Evil!Authorlor's :bow Word of God statements. He's also not telling.

Now, from my perspective, I think he's being controlled in some way, if not having been replaced by someone else. Given that the Hyuuga Elders are being bastards, but are being fleshed out as more than some ominous group that is only there to oppress. The Authorlord is responsible for a lot of Naruto fanon, or at least codifying a lot of unbuilt tropes in the fanon due to his tendency to use the Reality Ensues trope very precisely and in a context that is reality for the setting.

Thus, he has examined the precise reasons of how and why, and at levels of detail we won't see. At the same time, this misses the crux of your question.

There can be a lot of reasons, including the ones you stated, but the simple fact is that the Authorlord is keeping that hand of cards close to his chest. My personal opinion is that the Kumo incident broke him in some way and Hinata, who serves as a constant reminder of it, is the one he takes it out on. It's not rational, but humans are rarely rational beings. At the same time, he also sees Sarutobi's failure to take a harder stance, as Kumo outright violated protocol first and dared to call Konoha out for its actions, likely convinced him that Sarutobi was also no longer fit to lead.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby JediMasterDraco » February 24th, 2016, 12:06 pm

That's definitely an interesting idea. The fact that his brother was sacrificed for what he is increasingly seeing as a useless daughter probably cuts him deeply. It would also explain his rather violent reaction to Mattai, his brother was sacrificed as a means of preserving the Byakugan, and then this peasant shows up with it. On the other hand, the one thing we know about the relationship between the two is that Hiashi once used Hizashi's CBS. Hardly an expression of brotherly love. Unless the Hyuugas are masochists. Which would explain a lot.

Of course, knowing The Authorlord (Evil Be His Name, May His Words Last For Ten Thousand Years) it'll be something we don't even see coming, but is really obvious in hindsight (the best kind of foreshadowing). The one criticism you often hear for this story is ta it is cliché, but since he's had this planned out for years and he actually works toward offering explanation, it's on of those rare stories that is able to use a "cliché" like evil!Hyuugas correctly. Me, I just lie to speculate and see what kind of theories develop. I personally we hope we get the next couple chapters soon, Hinata making Chuunin at 13-14 would probably annoy several of the elders if nothing else.
JediMasterDraco

Unread postby jgkitarel » February 24th, 2016, 12:28 pm

The Authorlord explicitly said that Mattai didn't have the Byakugan. That incident also happened before the Kumo incident, so the precise reasons for it are still unknown to us.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.

jgkitarel

Unread postby JediMasterDraco » February 24th, 2016, 12:31 pm

When did he say that? And if he didn't have the Byakugan, then what did he have?
JediMasterDraco

Unread postby jgkitarel » February 24th, 2016, 3:38 pm

Mattai was not a Hyuuga, at least. I did a bit more research, and it looks like he did, in fact, have the Byakugan, or at least something close enough to draw Hyuuga attention.

Huh, perhaps a bastard child. Either way, he never recognized himself as such.

jgkitarel

Unread postby JediMasterDraco » February 24th, 2016, 4:54 pm

I never said Mattai was a Hyuuga. What I said was that Hizashi's death was orchestrated to prevent the Byakugan from falling out of the Hyuuga Clan's control, but only a short time after, a peasant boy is shown to have somehow acquired it. Needless to say, this likely pissed off Hiashi.
JediMasterDraco

Return to “%s” Team 8