Naruto Summons: The Poll

What is your favorite idea for Team 8!Naruto's summons?

Toads, dammit!
20%
Wolves. "Chew Toy."
20%
Crows. "Did someone order a Murder?"
14%
Foxes. Classic fanfic choice.
4%
Rabbits. "What's with the Baywatch videos?" "Payment."
4%
Cats. "Nice kitty... my what big fangs you have..."
4%
Squirrels. "An army of squirrels is still an army..."
12%
Dogs. "Try running. You'll only die tired."
1%
Snakes. "I'm switching sides. Their dental plan is wonderful."
1%
Other (will post choice in thread)
20%

Total votes : 138

Naruto Summons: The Poll

Unread postby bibliophile20 » February 2nd, 2009, 10:33 pm

A natural outgrowth from the Ideas for Summon for Naruto thread. Have at it, but try and keep the discussion on the original thread. Save this thread for the "Other" explanations.

DISCLAIMER: Please note that the Authorlord has stated that he has already decided this point in his outline.
bibliophile20

Re: Naruto Summons: The Poll

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 2nd, 2009, 11:02 pm

Have to stand by my original posting of Rabbits. Heh, BunBun :devil :grindaxe
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby ewuvi » February 2nd, 2009, 11:29 pm

I'm gonna go with the Crows, although I do like Toads.

I can't shake the mobster Crow dialogues.
ewuvi

Unread postby unknown369 » February 2nd, 2009, 11:32 pm

watership down rabbits :)
unknown369

Unread postby ewuvi » February 2nd, 2009, 11:34 pm

General Woundwort FTW. Blackavar and Bigwig would be useful in a battle too.

And Pipkin would be the best of course.
ewuvi

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 2nd, 2009, 11:57 pm

And then bring in the Long Patrol Hares for sniper cover with their longbows and morale-lifting attitudes.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Wittgen » February 3rd, 2009, 1:15 am

I love the flavor text. A lot. "Did someone order a murder?" basically decided it for me.

Is the squirrel one from a Magic: the Gathering card? I want to say it is but I am unsure.
Wittgen

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 3rd, 2009, 1:19 am

Yeah, it's from a card called, ironically enough, "Squirrel Mob".
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby unknown317 » February 3rd, 2009, 2:49 am

I'm just wondering, am I the only one who thinks it isn't even nessasary for him to even have a summons? So... I guess my vote goes to "no summons."
unknown317

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 3rd, 2009, 3:06 am

There's probably a few more folks with that same attitude. By the way, welcome to the forums.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby unknown317 » February 3rd, 2009, 3:26 am

Oh yea... first post. I've just been lurking for so long that I forgot I hadn't posted yet... But still, it's good to be here.
unknown317

Unread postby shoootme » February 3rd, 2009, 7:15 am

Squirrels go "peep peep" (thats Yu Yu Hakusho: Poltergeist Report Abridged for those who don't know)
shoootme

Unread postby Shoubushi » February 3rd, 2009, 9:22 am

Squirrels, totally totally squirrels. Simply because I used to pwn many a person with my squirrel army. Then they would make a deck that could counter my squirrel army, so I combined it with dragons. Always brought a funny image to my head of an army of ferocious Redwall-esque squirrels riding to battle on top of dragons.
Shoubushi

Unread postby Nebula1701 » February 3rd, 2009, 9:52 am

Can we vote without making all the selections upon the crack factor?? -.-
Nebula1701

Yahoo Messenger: nebula1701@gmail.com
AOL: nebula1701

Unread postby bibliophile20 » February 3rd, 2009, 2:46 pm

Can we vote without making all the selections upon the crack factor?? -.-
And why would we do a silly thing like taking this seriously?

(afterall, it doesn't matter in the long run, as the Authorlord has made it clear that he's already made the choice in the outline, and if people base their favorites on what makes them smile, what's wrong with that?)
bibliophile20

Unread postby Magnificate » February 3rd, 2009, 3:27 pm

I've chosen "Other" and by that I mean either no summons or mongooses.
Magnificate

Unread postby tjchaos » February 3rd, 2009, 6:55 pm

While I do favor toads for Naruto I think as far as 'Team 8' goes I can also easily see no summons at all or turtles. The Guy-Naruto relationship in 'Team 8' could be a solid justification for a turtle contract. Especially seeing that if Guy has a turtle contract the only one of 'his' genin he might allow to sign such a contract would be Tenten. Lee doesn't have the ability to mold chakra for a summons and I don't see Guy giving something like that to Neji, who probably wouldn't sign it anyway. Additionally I really like the idea of something like a Heisei era Gamera as being the turtle boss.

Even if Naruto never signs the toad contract I'm hoping to see the topic again in 'Team 8'. With Hinata joining Naruto and Jiraiya on the mission to find Tsunade the potential humor on the subject of summoning toads could be very entertaining indeed. If anyone could convince Naruto that Team 8 would benefit greatly with Naruto being a toad summoner despite his reluctance, it would be Hinata.
tjchaos

Unread postby Kitsune no Arashi » February 15th, 2009, 2:10 am

Have to stand by my original posting of Rabbits. Heh, BunBun :devil :grindaxe
And then bring in the Long Patrol Hares for sniper cover with their longbows and morale-lifting attitudes.
Need anything more be said? seriously. Only problem would be finding or makeing such a contract. And yes i did say making, Jariyas name is the first of four names on his scroll and the thing is enourmous even if the contract was giftwrapped for him by the toads he still had to make it in the first place.
Kitsune no Arashi

Unread postby unknown769 » February 15th, 2009, 8:55 am

I've been visiting this forum for a long time, but never actually posted anything before. My vote for Naruto's summon is of course toads, there are a few reasons why, but the main one is that i really can't see how, he could get any of the others listed as summon contracts don't grow on trees, also i think that the toads would fit better in the story as he could be taught by Jiraiya in their use etc. Well that's my humble anyway.
unknown769

Unread postby ashez2ashes » February 15th, 2009, 7:01 pm

Aw, no specific mongoose choice in the poll?
ashez2ashes

Unread postby Dechstreme » February 15th, 2009, 7:39 pm

Mongoose Summon? As in

RIKI TIKI TAVI?! The enemy of all cobras and snakes? Defender of humans?

You just want to pwn Oros' snakes, don't you?
Dechstreme

Yahoo Messenger: dechstreme@yahoo.com

Unread postby Kitty-Chan » February 17th, 2009, 4:38 am

I'm gonna have to pick cats because one, I love cats, & two, cats like dangly things, & the Hyuuga have all that nice long hair & those billowy robes. :devil
Kitty-Chan

Unread postby Kitsune no Arashi » February 17th, 2009, 4:44 pm

I'm gonna have to pick cats because one, I love cats, & two, cats like dangly things, & the Hyuuga have all that nice long hair & those billowy robes. :devil
Wouldn't that be ironic, You do know the red eyed bastards have cats as their clan summon right? He uses snakes because orochimaru taught him and it was conviniant but cats are still his clan summons.
Kitsune no Arashi

Unread postby ewuvi » February 17th, 2009, 5:34 pm

Really? The Uchiha's clan summons are cats? Cool! Can I have the page number where it shows that?
ewuvi

Unread postby Ironwolf » February 17th, 2009, 6:35 pm

Cats were guarding that Uchiha weapons depot back in the 300's, just after Oro-tan got powned by the God-King Sasgay
Ironwolf

Return to “%s” Team 8