Distant Speculation

Distant Speculation

Unread postby Stormseed » April 30th, 2009, 11:22 pm

This is for speculation beyond the next chapter.

I was rereading recently, and I'm thinking we might see some Shino/Sakura and Kurenai/Iruka happening in the future. I'm not entirely sure why I think that, tho... although I'm willing to bet it would be fun and/or funny.
Stormseed

Re: Distant Speculation

Unread postby Random_fan » May 1st, 2009, 2:19 am

Shino/Sakura what made you think of that, not that I'm saying its wrong, I can't but it's been a while since I read it and wonder where you saw it.

As for speculation, I usually don't do that as I'm usually way off, and with the Authorlord the chances of that are increased, Though I do believe that Konoha's greater numbers, as there was no giant snakes and more Chunin were awake, will come into if Sasuke defects, seeing him brought back by the Anbu, or maybe killed, wouldn't bad, or maybe that's just wishful thinking :)
Random_fan

Unread postby Stormseed » May 1st, 2009, 2:20 pm

Shino/Sakura what made you think of that, not that I'm saying its wrong, I can't but it's been a while since I read it and wonder where you saw it.
I think it's that part of chapter 13 where he notices she's trying to improve.
Stormseed

Unread postby unknown500 » May 2nd, 2009, 9:15 pm

Ever since Shino's Mom mentioned that Shino should get a girlfriend, I ask the Author if he plans to have Shino to have a girlfriend. It makes me wonder what will happen to Shino while Hinata and Naruto are gone.

I always thought having a omake about what happens to Shino while Hinata and Naruto are with Jiraiya will be a good contest, but that's just my small weird opinion.
unknown500

Unread postby Farmer_10 » May 3rd, 2009, 12:25 am

A shino omake contest isn't a bad idea considering it would free up our Magnificent Authorlord to focus on other things in the next chapter, like more Shikamaru.There's no such thing as enough Shikamaru. And Toads.
Sweet lady fate, why dost thou piss on me so?!
Farmer_10

Unread postby jgkitarel » May 5th, 2009, 2:11 am

Toads are nice.

As for Shino, I can just imagine the humor that would ensue.

Besides, he needs lovin'. :D
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby Ironwolf » May 5th, 2009, 6:20 am

Toads are nice.

It occured to me that they could make the Toad contract work in Team 8 the sameway they make the Chakra Pulse work, a signal to Shino to get his little friends to somewhere safe in preperation of a summoning...moreover, given Naruto's specialization as heavy combat/rear guard on a reconn/tracking team, by the time he would need to summon, the rest of the team would likely be elsewhere.

As for a Shino pairing, how about a member of that insect clan from the Bug Hunt arc? Not that kunoichi herself, but some relative who isn't arguably psychotic.
Ironwolf

Unread postby unknown500 » May 5th, 2009, 5:36 pm

How about just someone you never expected? Look at Shino's Mom and Dad. If Shino gets a girlfriend, it could be a girl who's very outgoing or from another Villiage.
unknown500

Unread postby Ironwolf » May 5th, 2009, 6:19 pm

How about just someone you never expected? Look at Shino's Mom and Dad. If Shino gets a girlfriend, it could be a girl who's very outgoing or from another Villiage.
Your a Fruadian, aren't you?^^ Because that is basically an Oedipus Complex right there, though it would be illogical and very detrimental to the hive to kill off the King to claim the Queen (not that it doesn't happen, but the hive isn't always the stronger for it).
Ironwolf

Unread postby SLAMU » May 5th, 2009, 6:45 pm

Toads are nice.

His Mother would agree, I think. She mentioned something about a girlfriend... :rollin:

As for the whole Oedipus thing...I hadn't even thought of it that way. The way I read it was more of the "opposites attract" angle, using his parents as an example. Besides, there seems to be some basis for that truism, even if Naruto has the dubious achievment of remaining "ignorant of Hinata's feelings for him", as Shino put it.
SLAMU

Unread postby unknown500 » May 5th, 2009, 6:48 pm

Yes, that's what I meant! No Freud here!
unknown500

Unread postby SLAMU » May 5th, 2009, 6:53 pm

"There he is! There, hiding behind that menhir! Look! Now he's ducking into a cave! What's going on here? Is he-"*bricked*

Moving this conversation away from large stone formations, I will make the prediction that Naruto will make Hiashi break down and...publically approve of his relationship with Hinata. :devil

Thoughts?
SLAMU

Unread postby Darkandus » May 5th, 2009, 7:40 pm

I predict either a downer ending or a bittersweet ending with dashes of Kill Em All or Anyone Can Die respectivly.
Spoiler: show
Darkandus

Unread postby SLAMU » May 5th, 2009, 8:38 pm

Any particular reason? I'm not really getting that kind of vibe from this story. (Granted, I didn't see Neon Genisis Evangelion going quite where it did at the end either, even when I was warned that "after the first half, everything's going to go to hell.")
SLAMU

Unread postby Darkandus » May 5th, 2009, 8:56 pm

Well for one the Authorlord doesn't seem to be afraid of main characters dying. And if we are going to be realistic, with the forces arrayed against the hero's of the story it's inevitable that at least some of them will die. Let me just say this, as an example if the retrieval mission happens in a similar way to canon I seriously doubt either Neji or Choji are going to be going anywhere that doesn't involve a hole and their names on the Memorial. Obviously I sincerly doubt there will be a retrieval mission is the same way as canon, but I also feel that also comes a lack of second chances. If characters are gradually picked off like that it means less forces to throw around towards the end, less forces means an increase in death rate, finally culminating in either a bittersweet ending at best and at worst an ending where the bad guys win. Not that I woundn't enjoy the ride in either possibility. Then again The Authorlord might go down the Tastes like Diabetes route and make everyone live happily ever after. However I doubt that, he does usually have Evil in his title.
Spoiler: show
Darkandus

Unread postby MrRigger2 » May 5th, 2009, 9:40 pm

As for main/important characters dying, I think that if anyone is going to go, the top of the list is probably Neji. Some people like him, some people hate him, but no one can deny that he's important to the story. Considering the conspiracy, I think that if he does end up helping Hinata like Naruto told him to, he's pretty likely to be targeted, as an object lesson, if nothing else. I also think that Gai is going down against an Akatsuki member once the Authorlord gets around to that point.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby doc.exe » May 6th, 2009, 3:33 am

I'm actually anticipating a bittersweet ending rather than a downer ending. I believe some of the characters are inevitably going to die, but I also believe some of them are going to success in the end. And while the latter are very likely going to traverse the 9 pits of hell before they can claim "victory!", that's perfectly fine with me.

To tell the truth, Kurenai and Iruka are in the top of my list of "very likely characters to die". Iruka has been exposed to much danger lately and has been lucky to survive if anything. I can't stop thinking that his recent escapade with the Hyuugas is going to backfire at him eventually. And since chapter 4, I just can't stop the nagging feeling that Kurenai is going to do the ultimate sacrifice at one point to protect her students. I can picture her doing that at the end.
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby AntiNaba » May 6th, 2009, 4:41 am

Ever since Shino's Mom mentioned that Shino should get a girlfriend, I ask the Author if he plans to have Shino to have a girlfriend. It makes me wonder what will happen to Shino while Hinata and Naruto are gone.

I always thought having a omake about what happens to Shino while Hinata and Naruto are with Jiraiya will be a good contest, but that's just my small weird opinion.
Shino's mum = Authorlord.

IT ALL MAKES SENSE.
AntiNaba

Unread postby Stormseed » May 6th, 2009, 9:31 pm

I'm hoping for an Earn Your Happy Ending myself...

On a more positive note, I'm expecting Naruto and Hinata to inadvertently express their admiration for each other, which can only bring them closer together, IMO.
Stormseed

Unread postby AntiNaba » May 7th, 2009, 12:10 am

I'm hoping for an Earn Your Happy Ending myself...

On a more positive note, I'm expecting Naruto and Hinata to inadvertently express their admiration for each other, which can only bring them closer together, IMO.
I expect Naruto to either Ham it up or do something equally awkward for the both of them. Now, let us plot as to the hows...
AntiNaba

Unread postby SquirrelyRequiem » May 7th, 2009, 11:01 am

I'm not certaiin if it's at all likely, but...perhaps a Hyuuga will try and arrange for a "kidnapping" of Hinata. I could see this spurring Naruto into some impulzive action of leaving the village to save her and him being branded a missing-nin. And if Hinata's branded before her "kidnapping" then the main house has no concerns.

Granted I suppose it -is- unlikely for this to happen but it seems interesting.
SquirrelyRequiem

Unread postby Stormseed » May 18th, 2009, 8:23 pm

I was thinking about this while bored at work today, and I realized something. Chapter 4 mentions Kurenai's dislike of cosmetic illusions. This could lead eventually to her telling off another of the Sannin.
Stormseed

Unread postby AntiNaba » May 18th, 2009, 8:43 pm

That's... actually a good point. And then there's the other canon stating that Shizune and Kurenai are at least friendly compatible (Or at least when Shizune gets hammered and gets angry at Kurenai for having style and breasts.)
AntiNaba

Unread postby Stormseed » May 18th, 2009, 8:46 pm

I can imagine a point where she's shouted at all three, or at least two and Anko, and that makes me smile.
Stormseed

Unread postby viridian » May 19th, 2009, 5:44 am

Shino/Ino even rhymes. :animyikes:
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Return to “%s” Team 8