Huh, I just noticed...

Huh, I just noticed...

Unread postby Kodra » January 15th, 2010, 11:58 am

...that OOTD: AJT is listed on ff.net as a Naruto U. & Hinata H. fanfiction.

While I always sorta guess Asuka would end up playing matchmaker between the two, I'm now trying to decide if this is intentional, or Authorlord just posting the fic under that pairing out of habit.
Kodra

Re: Huh, I just noticed...

Unread postby MrRigger2 » January 15th, 2010, 12:20 pm

Well, Naruto is one of the main characters, so he's obvious. Personally, I would have put the secondary character as Anko, at least based on the chapters we have now. Hinata may come to play an important role later on, so there might be a reason why she's listed there. Then again, you might be right and it was just habit. Though I doubt there would be a great deal of pairing fluff going on, one, Matt seems to focus more on the main plot, and two, as he's stated before, they're twelve, not much is going to happen between them.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby Kodra » January 15th, 2010, 12:50 pm

The whole "they're 12" arguement rings hollow for me. That's roughly around the age I started developing crushes, and different people mature at different times. And to be sure, Naruto has at least noticed girls enough to chase Sakura around fishing for dates. Hinata as well, seems to have noticed Naruto.

What I will say is that nothing serious would form for sure, but that doesn't mean there wouldn't be fluff.

I agree that Anko would be a better secondary character, except Naruto doesn't interact with her... at all so far, which makes that a bit of a tenuous connection. I could also be reading into this too much.
Kodra

Unread postby Stormseed » January 16th, 2010, 4:50 am

IIRC, didn't they mention trying to find someone more suitable than Sakura?
Stormseed

Return to “%s” Out of the Darkness: A Jinchuuriki's Tale