Viridian Dreams Forum Recommendation List: Naruto Category

Re: Viridian Dreams Forum Recommendation List: Naruto Catego

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » February 17th, 2013, 8:25 pm

I would like to recommend The Somewhat Cracked Mind of Uchiha Itachi.
Code: Select all
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8560313/1/The-Somewhat-Cracked-Mind-of-Uchiha-Itachi
Official Summary:
AU: Itachi didn't kill the clan, instead he and his friends are teaching the next generation to drive them (and maybe the rest of Konoha) crazy. Won't that be fun?
It is a very silly fanfic, but quite amusing.
Last edited by Aldraia Dragonsong on February 19th, 2013, 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby jgkitarel » February 17th, 2013, 9:32 pm

:animlol:

Oh, this is so getting seconded.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby Phht » February 18th, 2013, 3:17 am

Note: the link and code point to chp16. :)

Now, I'm gonna go check it out.

EDIT: Okay, thirding it.
Phht

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » February 19th, 2013, 6:49 pm

Oops. :oops: Link and code fixed, thank you for pointing that out.
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby jgkitarel » February 28th, 2013, 8:06 pm

Aldraia, that fic is an absolute treasure!
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.

jgkitarel

Unread postby Nitramy » May 28th, 2014, 12:28 pm

Nominating Beast Wars.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9110983/1/

It's a kind-of Naruto with realism added, but retains a bit of the shonen idealism.
slowly but surely / the moon / quietly goes to the stars
my fanfiction.net profile
Nitramy

AOL: linuxblacksarena

Unread postby jgkitarel » March 24th, 2015, 4:47 am

Not so much a rec, just noting that The Accidental Sensei's URL has changed due to the author going back and doing a heavy revision. Being as I am one of the betas for it, posting will continue after the revision of Part 3 is done, which is getting close.
Code: Select all
[url=http://archiveofourown.org/works/2717900]The Accidental Sensei[/url]

jgkitarel

Unread postby MorphCrossing » April 24th, 2015, 10:17 am

A few to recommend: Pareidolia Summarize: Naruto Dies...and comes back in a very "Dr. Manhattan-ish" manner.

Badger Summarize: Naruto gets the Kyuubi...and something else sealed within. Pure win if you think Honey Badgers are the baddest Mofo's in the Animal Kingdom. They even have a cult dedicated to the Badger.

Team Anko Summarize: Another authors interpretation of a Team 8 with Naruto only this one is lead by Anko. Somewhat denser read, the author is heavy on the technical. Also the author to the best of what I can tell has not once outright plagarized the AuthorLord.
Formerly known as MorphCross before the great deletion of 2011. The Creature Lives!
MorphCrossing

Unread postby jgkitarel » January 25th, 2016, 5:03 pm

Just some FYI for people:

The Accidental Sensei - Hellweek Day 3, and Day 4 are posted on AO3.

jgkitarel

Unread postby thrawnca » November 14th, 2018, 9:52 pm

No mention of Shinobi: The RPG yet? It recently finished part 1. It's not your average gamer fic; the protagonist min-maxes his stats at the beginning (dumping Charisma for high Intelligence) and it comes back to bite him hard. Because how do you function on a shinobi team with valuable "bloodline" powers but no social awareness? Really good read.
thrawnca

Return to “%s” General Fanfiction Discussion