The 'Pimp your fics' Thread

Re: The 'Pimp your fics' Thread

Unread postby Mageapprent » November 13th, 2014, 5:51 pm

Hullo Viridian Dreams ^.^

I'm an aspiring Naruto FanFiction writer and have been looking for various forms of critique for my writing so I can improve and deliver the best quality FanFic available and also pick up a few new fans ^.-

This here is my one and only FanFic. I started it after I quit my job of 3 years this September and have been currently working on it as the year has progressed, though writing has slowed as a new job came forward. My inspirations for writing came from some of my favorite writers Kenchi618/Digitize/Aragon Potter.

So without further ado here it is:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10712568/1 ... l-Brothers

If you are interested in the story, feel free to leave a review and/or PM me and let me know you came from The Viridian Dreams. I love talking to my readers and whilethe direction of my story is clear, and I know where I want the development of my story to go, I could still use your guy's help along the way.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post!

Til next time

~Mageapprent
Mageapprent

Unread postby jgkitarel » November 14th, 2014, 4:53 pm

Interesting in concept, with enough small changes to make the differences wider than you think. I will be watching over it to see how it evolves.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby backslashecho » December 17th, 2014, 1:45 pm

Eh, why not.

Howdy, internet! BackslashEcho here, and I'm always eager for more reviews and opinions.

I have three active fics, all of which are connected to HP because it's such a nice place to start from.

The oldest (and shortly to be resurrected) is called Novus Ordinem Voldemort (AO3 mirror: http://archiveofourown.org/works/1259122), based off a challenge I was issued for, essentially, a dark future. Short version: Bellatrix escaped with the prophecy, Sirius survived, and Harry didn't wake up properly until after the Battle of Hogwarts was already over. Voldemort, knowing that Harry will be coming after him, goes underground, while Hogwarts becomes a proper Resistance HQ. (I should add that HP:NoFP's general atmosphere regarding the dark future is something I'm trying to conjure up as this story goes on. You'll know when the resurrection is complete when the number of chapters posted falls from 5 to 3; I'm busily condensing what I've already written before adding anything new.)

The one I've probably had the most fun with so far is Harry Potter and the Secrets of Konoha (AO3 mirror: http://archiveofourown.org/works/1943907), an HP/Naruto crossover where instead of sending Harry back to Privet Drive to sit on his thumbs after Voldemort's rebirth, Dumbledore instead sends him, Ron, and Hermione to Konoha to learn how to defend themselves. Unknowingly, they arrive on the night of Mizuki's betrayal. They're a year or two older than the Konoha Dozen, and right away they start to change the characters' relationships with themselves and each other just by meeting and making friends the way they never managed to do at Hogwarts. (Team 8 was a big inspiration for this one, and I'm hoping it shows from the few glimpses of Kurenai, even if her background isn't the same here.)

My most recent brainwave/brainfart is Harry Potter and the March of the Sentinels (AO3 mirror: http://archiveofourown.org/works/2668241), a crossover between HP and X-Men, where shortly after the Dementor attack, Privet Drive is attacked by a Sentinel, and Harry and Dudley are both saved by the X-Men and taken to Xavier's School instead.

If you're down for any of these, please review! Give me the thoughts of the AuthorLord's loyal serfs! I want to knowwwww!

~BackslashEcho, signing off.
backslashecho

Unread postby RavynousHunter » March 26th, 2015, 1:08 pm

Finally, after having life generally get off my back, I'm now able to present to you chapter three of Harry Potter and the Next Great Adventure! The main plot begins to stir, and bad things happen at the Ministry of Magic. Whodunit? Only I, and my notebook, know; you guys will have to figger it out or wait for me to put more up!
RavynousHunter

Unread postby jgkitarel » March 28th, 2015, 4:47 pm

Reserving judgment for now, but you should continue writing. Even if I find things off with it, it's the only way you'll get better.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.

jgkitarel

Unread postby RavynousHunter » April 2nd, 2015, 1:24 pm

Its pace will likely be a bit faster than something like NoFP. Its not that I'm not interested in writing a long, engaging story, but I honestly don't see the point in adding in daily minutiae that don't really add much to the overall plot. That, and such things are dreadfully boring to write, for me. It'll be more action and mystery-oriented, and a lot of that is due to Harry's living situation. He lives alone (at least, for now) and, friends aside, doesn't have many social obligations; thus, he'll have more time overall to devote toward solving the central mystery.

Aah! I've found a good comparison: its less Star Trek and more Doctor Who.
RavynousHunter

Unread postby EmoteControl » October 12th, 2015, 5:28 pm

My "fanfic" is Terminator Universe Expanded, available for reading here:

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads ... ed.258920/

I put fanfic in quotes because there are no characters, just setting, much like World War Z which partially inspired it. Terminator Universe Expanded is a radical reworking and homage to the original Terminator movies, expanding on the material and making all kinds of logical, and illogical, extrapolations.

Just a warning, it is dark. Very, very dark.
EmoteControl

Unread postby 36T » January 21st, 2016, 5:42 pm

I thought it might be fun to have a thread for people to advertise their fics. Name your top three favorite fics that you have written and include a link. We might see some famliar names or find something new to read. And honestly, who doesn't enjoy an excuse to pimp out their stories?

So what about you? What have you written? Come on out and unlurk, I know there are quite a few writers out there.
Well you said three right? That's half the stories I've done so far. Right now they're only two chaps each and I'm waiting on my beta to get to them. (Only found a beta after I got most of them out.)

They aren't much, but I only recently came back to writing. I try to get a chapter out for at least one of my stories every week. That still leaves about 6-10 weeks between each individual story's updates.

My three fav's of my own fictions are as follows;

LATE Naruto: Life After The Ends

Sasuke had won, he stood over Naruto as the clouds plunged them in to darkness then Sasuke plunged his Chidori into Naruto once more, again, and again.

Naruto woke. "Naruto" said the 3rd hokage, "The shadow clone is a dangerous jutsu. Should you make too many of them it could hurt you, promise me you won't teach it to any body else?" he waited until Naruto nodded and gave him a ramen coupon, 'What happened? Old Man's alive?' Naruto didn't understand. The last Thing he remembered was the Sasuke retrieval mission! But now he was back when he first became a genin! What could Naruto do if he had an extra year of experience to start with?

Shiryokugakure: The Village Hidden in Plain Sight

This is my reply to that old Missing Hokage Challenge

When Naruto's retrieval mission has a completely unpredicted success, But when it's reveled the sharingan can control the kyuubi, the village council decides to transfer it into the Uchiha. Knowing full and well that the extraction would kill Naruto. But Tsunade makes other plans.

Uzumaki: A Lone Fox

What would Naruto have done if he never learned the shadow clone jutsu? If he didn't graduate? If he wasn't on team 7? Would his pranks get worse? Would he give up? Or would he find another way? And what would become of team 7 without him to get in the way. (In the way of both the team and the enemy) What would Naruto do to become a shinobi? What would the powers that be decide would be best for the village?

In this story Naruto will never learn the shadow clone, not even when he grows up.
TTT TTT
TTT TTT
TTT TTT
TTT TTT
TTT TTT
TTT TTT
36T

Unread postby jgkitarel » May 5th, 2016, 3:31 pm

I might as well pimp my own fic, a Harry Potter x Sword Art Online crossover by the name of Mystic Knight Online. Currently making some good progress in it, with ten posted chapters (Prologue, 8 Chapters, and one Outside World Interlude), and it's being beta'd by The Raven Sennin, the same guy who's writing the Team Anko series. Also, here's the AO3 link for it as well.

Currently working on Chapter Nine right now and I'm hoping to maintain the momentum for as long as I can.

jgkitarel

Unread postby EllyYuki » September 20th, 2019, 6:05 am

Hi everyone,

EllyYuki of https://www.fanfiction.net/s/2252331/1/ ... oy-s-Diary
and other small ones.
The reason for DMD was actually to make Draco redeemable after reading Half-Blood Prince, meaning there should be some serious childhood traumas or other reasons for his behaviour. But writing them out would make it a really dark story and my imagination only went so far; I'm ashamed to admit I gave up. I seemed to have lost the point of the plot while writing. Lightening up the story through my writing style, adolescent as I was, made it look half-assed to myself. I have no idea how to fix it and rereading it makes me cringe.
EllyYuki

Return to “%s” General Fanfiction Discussion