The 'Pimp your fics' Thread

Re: The 'Pimp your fics' Thread

Unread postby Nitramy » July 13th, 2011, 9:23 pm

Just wanted to run the gamut of Hinata characterizations, so to speak.

I've already gone the "childhood friend route", the "neutral" route, and now I've gone on the "stalker" route.

Who knows, maybe I will try the "yandere route"... if I can pull it off.

(It's not like Hinata can't ask him about why he keeps his distance from her, and it's not like Naruto can explain why without actually dashing her hopes completely... but yeah.)

Some things that may have been too subtle:
Spoiler: show
I effing hate the netorare genre. Whoever came up with it should die slowly in a peat fire.

That 'change of expression' Naruto had was his realization that his actions influence his visions. Before, he was sure Asuma would bite the big one. Giving Ino the paper seals ensured his survival.

The "key" that was unlocked would have cost Naruto his sanity if he hadn't stumbled upon casually murdering would-be rapists like you would swat a fly. It also had the side effect of turning his eyes red whenever he channels chakra.

Sakura finally forgave Naruto after he told her about what he saw during his climactic showdown with Sasuke. Took him quite some time to gather up the courage to do so, though.

He does make sure that they are caught in flagrante delicto before he introduces them to the business end of his more famous father's signature technique, though.

Here, Pain somehow spares Jiraiya. Naruto offers him a chance to try and take him at a specified date and time in exchange for the Toad Sage's life. Also, Naruto doesn't learn Sage Mode, he uses the fox's power in increasingly inventive ways the longer the battle with Pain goes. The fox senses Madara, strikes a deal with Naruto, and they synchronize to defeat Pain - Madara and the rest of the Akatsuki is taken down not long after with Naruto taking charge of pest control.
slowly but surely / the moon / quietly goes to the stars
my fanfiction.net profile
Nitramy

AOL: linuxblacksarena

Unread postby Satori » August 1st, 2011, 9:54 pm

Cuckoo's Cry

Yes, I do have a thing about fanfic titles with the initials CC.

This fic has thus far been universally hailed and creepy and/or chilling. Well, Chapter 1 has, anyway, and it works as a stand alone. Chapter 2 just doesn't have as much kick to it, but I'm hoping Chapter 3 will generate more excitement when I'm done with it.
Satori

Unread postby HypoSoc » August 21st, 2011, 1:39 am

Observations of an Idiot
This is my first try at a fanfiction.
It is in the style of Catch-22.
Mottos to live by:
Hoc Dictum Videtur Esse Melius In Latine.
Cadimus Concordia.
Nolite Hamena Machinae Timere, Nam Iusta Erunt.
This Motto Sounds Better In Latin.
United We Fall.
Do Not Fear The Reign Of Machines, For They Shall Be Just.
HypoSoc

Unread postby TraceReading » November 30th, 2011, 10:48 pm

Neji no Hana

A new one-shot by me :U

Try not to be too cruel to it. :burnt: :TT_TT:
See this look? It's terror!
TraceReading

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » January 3rd, 2012, 12:29 am

Memory
What you need to understand is that I wanted to forget.
A Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team one-shot about the player character and their partner.
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby QuoteMyFoot » January 4th, 2012, 3:01 pm

In The Name Of
Slowly, Sasuke forgets what 'living' is. Oneshot. Post-Massacre.

How Sasuke's mindset might have deteriorated after the massacre. I've been working on this on-and-off for some time, so I'm really relieved to get it out of my system and probably too close to be able to pick out faults anymore. Any critique you could give would be appreciated.
QuoteMyFoot

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » January 4th, 2012, 9:14 pm

I like it; it is interesting and quite well-written. However, "bare" should be spelled "bear" in the following sentences:
"Because Sasuke is the only one left now, the only one with a right to bare the Uchiha name."
"'I don't want him to become like Itachi,' Fugaku had always answered, because his eldest son hated him now, and he wasn't sure why, but he couldn't bare it if both did."
I also found the creative liberties with grammar and punctuation a bit vexatious; any one of them would have been fine, but all of them together were too much, in my opinion.
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby QuoteMyFoot » January 4th, 2012, 9:37 pm

Dammit, I always confuse 'bare' and 'bear'! Thanks, I'll go fix that now.

On grammar/punctuation, I can definitely see what you mean, but it was also a deliberate choice to make Sasuke feel young and sort of "swamped". Overall I think I'm happy as it is, but I'm sorry if it grated slightly.

Thank you for commenting!
QuoteMyFoot

Unread postby TheWanderer » February 13th, 2012, 7:15 pm

I've got one fic that I'm currently working on, called Mission Accomplished. Essentially, Sarutobi decides that Naruto will never be anything other than a weapon, and shunts him off on Ibiki, Anko, and an OC!ANBU to train.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7817775/1/M ... complished
TheWanderer

Unread postby guyfonderball » February 16th, 2012, 10:30 am

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7835950/1/T ... us_actions
Sometimes, it only takes a little courage to change ones story. Narutos and Hinatas stories are about to diverge simply by finding the courage to become a couple. NaruHina, no bashing

My first work that actually sees the light of the internet. I have others planned, but I want to focus on this one first, to get experience for later projects.
guyfonderball

Unread postby tjchaos » April 21st, 2012, 8:39 pm

Started up a continuation of one of my favored stories. Basically Jiraiya taking more of an interest in Naruto's education. Currently working with a Naruto/Shino friendship but will be working Ino into their dynamic shortly. Planning on at least three 'books' and will probably go with a Naru/Hina ship in the third book since I can't seem to avoid that one but no pairings (if at all) until that third book. Will be exploring fuinjutsu and possibly various clone ideas. The original story was meant to fold into canon and stand on it's own but this one will definitely be A/U, it just uses the first as something of a base. The people here will likely see some influence from 'Team 8' in some of my characterization, especially a short upcoming scene a few chapters later with Kurenai.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7837719/1/G ... Beginnings
tjchaos

Unread postby Phoenix1Soul » July 10th, 2012, 2:07 pm

I have decided to completely redo my main fan fiction, Heiress! To see a preview that will be added to in the near future go here: http://firedepth.proboards.com/index.cg ... hread=9081

While your there check the place out! It's an AU HP Text-based Role Play site, I can usually be found there under my three characters Ashelle (Ah-shell), Selene (Sah-leen) or Ti'tsorg (Tie-zorg). Come visit me on my home turf! Firefox University is waiting!
My name is Phoenix Soul (the 1 is silent)

“What'd you bring her over here for!” Exclaimed Ron in a most angry tone.
“Can it Ron!” said Fred.
“One negative peep out of you about our best friend Ashlee, and you'll be waking up tomorrow with green hair and freckles!” said George
“It's not easy being green,” Ashlee found herself adding.
The twins grinned at her and patted her shoulders, that was a good one.

- excerpt from my FF New Heiress
Phoenix1Soul

Unread postby Kodra » April 26th, 2013, 12:10 am

After struggling to get anything out, I finally finished a some final touch ups and posted the first chapter of Uzumaki Hari and the Squib of Hogwarts: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9235761/1/

The premise is Harry Potter is whisked off to another world by his mother's magic when she finds his destiny on earth to be lacking. There he is raised by Hokage Naruto and his wife Hinata. And then Hogwarts happens unbeknownst to anyone.
Kodra

Unread postby Kodra » May 10th, 2013, 10:00 pm

Uzumaki Hari has been updated

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9235761/2/
Kodra

Unread postby TraceReading » May 11th, 2013, 7:34 am

Not to knock you or anything...I still chafe whenever I see "Hari" instead of, you know, Mamoru or something like that.

I believe I've stated it before but I did in fact go to a names database, checked the meaning for Harry, Harold, Henry and several variants, then took that to a translation service (google translate in my case) to get a near equivalent. (Hari, by the way, translates out to beam. Now whether that is 'beam' as in a beam of wood, needle, or like a ray of light, I cannot be quite as certain...)

To be fair, I also get that angry itch whenever I see someone calling Hermione's parents Dan and Emma.

Beating a dead horse, I know...I just wish people would be a bit more...CREATIVE when picking out names. Not to Shaquandah levels of creativity, of course, just to the point where they're not running around with chunks of fandom and laziness and hammering them into their stories.

I'll try to read it later at any rate. Just to see. :snooty:
TraceReading

Unread postby Kodra » May 11th, 2013, 11:43 am

So, when Naruto and Hinata found Harry, it included a note with his name on it. Developmentally once a child understands their name, it's not a great idea to change it, so they found a reasonable facsimile of the name to use.

I actually asked around to find out what it would "translate" to phoenetically, and was told Hari was pretty reasonable.
Kodra

Unread postby jgkitarel » May 12th, 2013, 10:39 am

Not to knock you or anything...I still chafe whenever I see "Hari" instead of, you know, Mamoru or something like that.
To be fair, Hari is the Japanese transliteration of Harry and is what is used in the Japanese Harry Potter books.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby TraceReading » May 12th, 2013, 1:31 pm

Yes, but as I've stated, I like to go after names with identical or similar meanings if there's no direct equivalency :P
TraceReading

Unread postby Kodra » August 19th, 2013, 5:41 pm

I've posted 3 more chapters to Uzumaki Hari. I hope you enjoy awkwardness at Hogwarts.
Kodra

Unread postby FullofSeoul » December 10th, 2013, 2:47 pm

Well then, It's been quite a while since this thread has seen any light, so why not bring it back?

What better way than to advertise my own fics! ahaha...ahaha.. ahaha..

The first is called Blade of Emptiness, Maelstrom of Honor. Long name I know. Naruto/Bleach crossover
Challenge from TheInfamousMan. Basically Naruto is executed by Konoha at the end of the Sasuke retrieval and is reborn as Ulquiorra. It's a lot better that most, I promise. Bashing and NaruHina are the rules, but there will be little to no bashing (except maybe Sasuke being a little (lot) more crazy) so far, and NaruHina will be believable.
Check it out, it's only a few months old and has like 500 favorites. :biggrin:
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9406970/1/ ... m-of-Honor

The second is also a crossover, Fairy Tail and Naruto.
Basic premise is that the Fourth Shinobi War ends and Naruto and Sasuke are sent to Fiore to stop an impending doom. Uchiha eyes and Zeref, this and that. It starts off generic but branches off nicely, IMO.
I'm actually more proud of this one, but the small fandom hinders it.. :ouch___it_hurts:
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9519342/1/ ... aki-Naruto

The last is actually one by a friend of mine. Duesal10.
Kinda the same as my FairyTail fanfic, except that at the end of the war, Naruot and Sasuke are dumped in the Warring Clans arc, where Naruto fights a younger Madara and Sasuke is kidnapped by Senju. Well written. Interesting no?
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9513933/1/Hands-of-Time

Keep in mind that these fics are rather young, only a few months old, so the plot hasn't developed as much as other fics.

So come on, tell me about your fics!! I need more fics to read, crossover or not! :yuush: :yuush: :yuush: :yuush:
FullofSeoul

Unread postby Comosicus » December 14th, 2013, 6:52 am

Hi guys,

I've decided to finally publish my ramblings. I'll be starting with a collection of plot bunnies that I might (eventually) separate into full stories. Provided I manage to find the time and inspiration to do it.

I give you the Den of the Rabid Plot Bunnies https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9924285

First chapter is my take on a different Dementor Incident, when Umbridge pulls out all the stops in nailing down the Boy-Who-Lived. She was not prepared though for the consequences of her actions.
Comosicus

Unread postby PeachWookiee » March 24th, 2014, 2:48 pm

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10213764/1/ Thank you again, AuthorLord for your permission to write and publish G for Ginevra! I hope I've done your universe justice. I'd hope that I get this... :biggrin: instead of this... :you_re_kidding_right:
PeachWookiee

Unread postby RavynousHunter » April 24th, 2014, 9:19 pm

I've begun working on my own fanfic/fan sequel I've titled Harry Potter and the Next Great Adventure. Its set 5 years after Deathly Hallows, and completely, unabashedly ignores that abysmal excuse for an epilogue. New faces, old faces, and lots of magic and a new menace for the Man Who Lived. I've posted up a rough draft of the first bit of the first chapter here on my Dropbox. I'd love it if you dudes would give me some feedback and tell me what you think so far!

[ETA]
Yes, I forgot that it was George that survived DH, not Fred. I'll fix that soon as I can.
RavynousHunter

Unread postby RavynousHunter » June 20th, 2014, 2:22 pm

Given how long its been since my last post, I think a double-post would be...acceptable. I've since setup a FanFic.net account, and currently have two stories going: Harry Potter and the Next Great Adventure and something a bit newer, The Avatar's Final War. The last is basically my answer to Ultima IX, playing with the idea that...
The black gate the Avatar created took him to the Guardian's homeworld, and not Britannia. Instead of the stoic, almost robotic, Avatar we've come to know, this one is under incredible psychological strain from the horrifying things he witnessed during his adventures on Serpent's Isle and Pagan, making him more human, and far more relatable. Expect him to only get more emotional as I go on; things are always darkest before the dawn, after all.
RavynousHunter

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » June 21st, 2014, 11:00 pm

Took a look at what you have so far of The Next Great Adventure; definitely an interesting start. I look forward to seeing where you go with it.

Two things to share this time; first, something I meant to post here some time ago, but keep forgetting; a companion piece of sorts to Memory.
Remembrance
You may not remember me, but I remember you. Gardevoir's thoughts as she watches over Gengar.

And second, something I recently put up; a Naruto fanfic about Minato's deal with the Shinigami.
They Say That Four Is Death
The Shinigami is neither cruel nor kind, only fair. The sacrifice for them was made; a debt must always be repaid.
Aldraia Dragonsong

Return to “%s” General Fanfiction Discussion