Fic Search

Fic Search

Unread postby Brisk » May 17th, 2008, 8:13 pm

I've searched FFnet but I can't find it.

Synopsis: Naruto is blinded at a young age in an attack after a festival. He is found by Hiashi and Hinata and he is taken to a pair of OCs living on the outskirts of konoha. They try to heal his eyes, but can't. They then train him up and try to get him used to his sight before he goes to the academy.

I think it was an interesting read but I seem to have lost my bookmark. Anybody know the title and/or author?
Brisk

Re: Naruto Fic Search

Unread postby Ruby Moon » May 17th, 2008, 8:21 pm

That one is Naruto Fuujinroku by Daneel Rush Koushi.
Ruby Moon

Unread postby Brisk » May 17th, 2008, 8:55 pm

thanks! looking at the summary, I'm not surprised my searches didn't find it.
Brisk

Unread postby Ruby Moon » May 17th, 2008, 9:17 pm

No problem. :)
Ruby Moon

Unread postby Shoubushi » May 17th, 2008, 10:47 pm

I remember there being a fic about Naruto being accidentally blinded by one of Sasuke's fireballs during training and Hinata having to lead him around for a while. It was based on an episode of M.A.S.H. if I remember correctly. I don't remember the title of it anymore but if anyone comes across it, I'd recommend it. It was fairly decent.
Shoubushi

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » May 17th, 2008, 10:51 pm

that would be "Out of sight, Center of Mind".
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Shoubushi » May 17th, 2008, 10:59 pm

Ah yes. TY. :biggrin1
Shoubushi

Re: Fic Search

Unread postby runsamok » May 18th, 2008, 1:29 am

Moderators Note: I'm making this topic "sticky" so that additional fic searchers can use it. :mrgreen:
Sincerely,
Lindsey Schocke (aka Runsamok)

"In the penny jar of life, I want to be a quarter."
runsamok

Unread postby Ironwolf » May 23rd, 2008, 12:52 am

that would be "Out of sight, Center of Mind".
Hate to nit pick, but the author is British, so its "Out of sight, Centre of Mind," its one of my more favorite fics, and when I searched for it on FF.Net, I had to get the spelling right before I could find it.
Ironwolf

Unread postby Chao Yang » June 5th, 2008, 12:11 pm

Can I use this thread to ask for fic recommendations on themes that I'm interested in?
Chao Yang

Unread postby viridian » June 7th, 2008, 10:12 am

I don't mind...
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Unread postby unknown134 » June 7th, 2008, 1:39 pm

Asking about fics with a certain theme is a great idea, and the thread title is certainly ambiguous enough to be interpreted that way. Well, in that case, I'm looking for good fics that have a 'mentor/friend-type personality in the character's head' plot element. Think 'Yu-Gi-Oh!'. In the crossover thread, the author 'Vathara' was recommended, and she has a couple of 'Yu-Gi-Oh' crossover stories that have exactly the type of interaction I'm looking for.

To those who have combed the Naruto fandom far and wide: are there any really excellent stories out there that do something like this with Sakura's 'Inner Sakura' personality?

Quizer
unknown134

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 7th, 2008, 3:05 pm

I've found two, though one is a crossover with Ranma 1/2.

That one is http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4070798/1/W ... om_Rewrite

The other one is http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4052497/1/B ... _Fox_Druid
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Chao Yang » June 7th, 2008, 4:53 pm

Ah, thanks for the permission! :D

Well then, does anyone have any good Naruto - adopted into Hyuuga family - recommendations?

Thanks very much!
Chao Yang

Unread postby Greybane » June 7th, 2008, 6:19 pm

Well, if I remember correctly I thought that "Clan Eyes" was fairly good. They also don't botch up Kurenai as so many are prone to do.
Odd that. It actually worked.
Greybane

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 7th, 2008, 6:42 pm

"Behind These Hyuuga Eyes" is a fairly good semi-crackfic, even if it's only got four fairly short chapters and hasn't been updated in a long while. "Blind" is also a good one, though it hasn't been updated in a long time.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Chao Yang » June 9th, 2008, 4:44 am

Thank you very much, guys! :)
Chao Yang

Unread postby ashez2ashes » June 10th, 2008, 11:18 pm

Does anyone know of a good long fic featuring Luna post Hogwarts that deals with her future job that JK Rowling described (ie. a cross between Indiana Jones and the Crocodile Hunter)? I haven't ever read anything that starred Luna that was longer than a oneshot, and she seemed to have the most interesting post-hogwarts life according to JKR in interviews.
ashez2ashes

Unread postby Nabla » June 11th, 2008, 9:06 am

I am looking for a "The Morning After" fanfiction,
you know that kind of morning where you wake up with a bad hangover and snuggle into the warmth beside you, just to discover that you lie beside a gril/woman. The social possibilities such a night could have on the people involved are hardly well discribted in the fictions I found.

Preferred would be Narutoverse and no minority relationships, you kknow no homosexual or pedophile, I like the Guy/Girl thing more :halo

any ideas?
Nabla

Unread postby ashez2ashes » June 20th, 2008, 12:44 am

I'm looking for a Naruto fanfic I read once. It was a short oneshot, that involved an older Naruto confronting an older Sasuke. Sasuke had hurt Naruto's then wife Hinata, to the point where she could never have children. Naruto got back at Sasuke by giving him Itachi's severed head in a bag as a present. Does anyone know who wrote it or have a link to it?
ashez2ashes

Unread postby Chao Yang » June 20th, 2008, 2:28 pm

That's one of dave-d's if I remember correctly, hold up while I try to determine which one...

Right, here we go:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2259078/1/I ... _Moonlight
Chao Yang

Unread postby unknown358 » June 20th, 2008, 6:30 pm

I'm feel ashamed for saying this, but I'm wondering if there are any GOOD SasuSaku fics out there.

Or good fics where Sakura kicks ass and takes names.

Yeah, I kinda think Sakura has wasted potential.
unknown358

Unread postby unknown231 » June 20th, 2008, 6:46 pm

I'm feel ashamed for saying this, but I'm wondering if there are any GOOD SasuSaku fics out there.

This one is actually a not bad SasuSaku. It builds up to the romance and is not the focus at all for the most part. Another plus is that while the author is a Sasuke fan, she also doesn't like the direction recent manga has taken.

And An Ounce of Prevention is a great Sakura fic. It is a minor crossover with Harry Potter, were Tom Riddle's diary ends up in Konoha, taking place just before CoS and during the time jump.
unknown231

Unread postby unknown358 » June 20th, 2008, 8:58 pm

This one is actually a not bad SasuSaku. It builds up to the romance and is not the focus at all for the most part. Another plus is that while the author is a Sasuke fan, she also doesn't like the direction recent manga has taken.

And An Ounce of Prevention is a great Sakura fic. It is a minor crossover with Harry Potter, were Tom Riddle's diary ends up in Konoha, taking place just before CoS and during the time jump.
I'm also ashamed to say I read those already. I was wondering if there wasn't some sort of "required reading" for all SasuSaku fans, or something like that.
unknown358

Unread postby unknown231 » June 20th, 2008, 9:25 pm

I'm also ashamed to say I read those already. I was wondering if there wasn't some sort of "required reading" for all SasuSaku fans, or something like that.
I would have no idea. I don't read based on pairings and tend not to read stories focusing on romance. (The main reason I started that one was because Sasuke blinded himself so he wouldn't be taken as a host for Orochimaru...)
unknown231

Return to “%s” General Fanfiction Discussion