Fic Search

Re: Fic Search

Unread postby MrRigger2 » November 12th, 2012, 10:29 pm

Kirai's is Black Flower, the one that spawned the search.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby Thozmp » December 2nd, 2012, 12:27 am

I'm looking for a Ranma/Sailor Moon cross where Ranma discovers Ami to be his half-sister by way of his mother being her father. Fairly certain it was only a one-shot.
Thozmp

Unread postby jgkitarel » December 2nd, 2012, 9:57 pm

What.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby Thozmp » December 3rd, 2012, 10:09 am

What.
Nodoka Disappears for a while due to Nerima hijinks, Ranma gets a letter saying she'll be in a certain apartment on a certain day and it turns out to be Ami's. Both Ami's mom and Nodoka arrive and explain the situation, Nodoka ended up being sent back in time, and due to age regression mushrooms, forgetful shampoo and the Spring of the drowned boy, Nodoka thought she was ranma and acted like she thinks he acts. Nodoka finds Ami's mom and... well... Ami happens.
Thozmp

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » December 3rd, 2012, 10:10 am

What.
I think you mean "Wut."
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby jgkitarel » December 3rd, 2012, 10:50 am

What.
I think you mean "Wut."
Well, that's one way to put it.(WARNING: TROPE LINK)

But I stand by what I put.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby Phht » December 3rd, 2012, 3:28 pm

oh god, I remember this fic. Not the name, but that I've read it. Let me go searching. :D
Phht

Unread postby simblyne » December 7th, 2012, 8:23 pm

Can anyone recommend a Slytherin!Harry fic where Harry retains something of his personality from the books?
simblyne

Unread postby PhoenixFire » January 17th, 2013, 4:48 am

I am looking for a HP fic where Harry travels back into time and teams up with Alice Longbottom (who managed to 'survive' the torture) after finding out that Dumbledore jinxed her so she couldnt tell anyone she was Harry's godmother.

Could someone help me out? :3
PhoenixFire

Unread postby Bluone » January 25th, 2013, 10:03 pm

I recall a Harry Potter fic where Harry had a muggle girlfriend, but she was killed off pretty quickly. He may have also had a summer job making tables, or something? My memory on this one is rather poor, but does anyone recognize something close to this?
Bluone

Unread postby bobman10000 » January 26th, 2013, 12:06 am

I recall a Harry Potter fic where Harry had a muggle girlfriend, but she was killed off pretty quickly. He may have also had a summer job making tables, or something? My memory on this one is rather poor, but does anyone recognize something close to this?
It's been a few years since I read it, but I think it was The Refiner's Fire by Abraxan (or here if you don't have an account on FFA).
bobman10000

Unread postby MrRigger2 » January 26th, 2013, 2:19 am

That's correct as far as my recollection goes. There's also a sequel.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

MrRigger2

Unread postby Greatlimmick » January 29th, 2013, 12:09 pm

Anyone know of any good fics that have Neville as the boy who lived?
Looking for a good silly Harry/Luna fic.

Or a well written Chosen!Neville fic.

Or a so bad it's good Harry Potter or Naruto fic with a good MST.
Okay, at the risk of being severely disappointed...

Any good Neville is the Boy-Who-Lived fics? Or any where Harry is not the BWL?

I'd prefer a serious take, but anything will do.
I'm not exactly optimistic, considering the fact that none of those got an answer, but I'm also looking for a good fic about Neville as the Boy Who Lived. (I've managed to find some bad ones, so I know the idea has at least been used...)
Greatlimmick

Unread postby WarriorDrgnMage » February 4th, 2013, 7:20 pm

I'm looking for Naruto fic that's sort of a reboot of cannon (not necessarily time travel) that has Kakashi actualy teaching team 7 and ends with sauke not defect from Konoha either because he beat the curse seal or because Kakashi and company managed to change his outlook enough that he was all about killing Itachi anymore
WarriorDrgnMage

AOL: WarriorDrgnMage

Unread postby TraceReading » February 5th, 2013, 12:34 pm

I'm looking for any and all stories where one of the Elrics goes through the Gate and comes to Earth, finds their way to Britain and finds a student in the elder Evans sister...before I write one myself.
See this look? It's terror!
TraceReading

Unread postby Bluone » March 4th, 2013, 9:18 pm

Anyone remember a Naruto fanfic where he could not die?
I remember one scene where he goes and finds Itachi to kill him, and still doesn't manage it....
Thanks! ^^
Bluone

Unread postby MrRigger2 » March 4th, 2013, 9:26 pm

Twenty Times Uzumaki Naruto Didn't Die, by Kraken's Ghost. Final story in the Matters, Secrets, and Times Trilogy, other stories are Twenty Matters of Pride to Hyuuga Neji and Twenty Unknown Secrets of Maito Gai.

MrRigger

MrRigger2

Unread postby Thozmp » April 22nd, 2013, 12:26 pm

I'm looking for a Ranma/Sailor Moon cross where Ranma discovers Ami to be his half-sister by way of his mother being her father. Fairly certain it was only a one-shot.
I actually found this one on my own. The Gauntlet chapter 5. It was actually part of a collection which is why I couldn't find it immediatly.
Thozmp

Unread postby ThadiusZho » April 26th, 2013, 10:18 am

Hi.

I'm looking for a one-shot where Naruto is already Hokage and married (or soon to be) with Hinata, but she is kidnapped by Kumo (if not mistaken) and most of the village goes after her, leaving Naruto "almost" alone at Konoha. Then Iwa tries to attack Konoha and Naruto goes alone to confront them and uses Hiraishin to stop them.

Or at the very least, that is what I remember from the one-shot.

The idea is close to The Flying Thunder God, but it's not that one. I think I read it on Fanfiction.net.

Any ideas?

TZ
ThadiusZho

Unread postby Wraith5 » August 7th, 2013, 8:21 pm

Hmm... anyone got any good Mass Effect fics with (mostly) Paragon male Shep? (Preffered LI is Tali :shy: I just find her so cute) I'll be honest, I've already read Razor's Edge and its sequels (that was a DAMN good read).
Also, I'll be honest again. I'll probably re-read Razor's Edge (and sequels) and Team 8 at least once each before the month ends. :secret_laugh:
EDIT: Yeah...I reread Team 8 (again), reread Razor's Edge (and sequels) (again), tried another 20 or so fanfics from other categories but gave up on almost all of them because I let myself get spoiled on high quality fics... (also again :XD:)
Last edited by Wraith5 on August 30th, 2013, 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"Sometimes I stop to think and forget to start again." - t-shirt
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
"Come to the Darkside; We have bacon." - t-shirt
Wraith5

Unread postby Thozmp » August 14th, 2013, 11:43 pm

Been looking for a HP/BtVS fic, it had Giles moving back to England and taking care of his niece Hermione after her parents died in a car accident.
Thozmp

Unread postby DoctorNutter » September 18th, 2013, 3:03 pm

I've spent some time trying to find a fic that I was so sure was on the Recommended forums (it's not, it seems) of an HP AU where Harry takes over the world in the manner of a shadow overlord. I don't remember the author or title or many other details, but I know in the fic he forms a group informally called the "Recherché" that consists of like-minded individuals from Hogwarts and abroad. I also know that he disgraces various figures in power while killing others.

Can anyone help?
DoctorNutter

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » September 18th, 2013, 6:10 pm

Is this it?

The Birth of Evil
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby DoctorNutter » September 18th, 2013, 11:57 pm

That is it, indeed! Thanks very much!
DoctorNutter

Unread postby Wraith5 » September 20th, 2013, 10:36 pm

Holy crap. Was just going through the many, many pages on this thread and saw this:
I'm not even sure when I read this, but I think it was a few years back.

It was this Gundam SEED fic(and it might have been before GSD, or else GSD was ignored). I think they put all the surviving young members of the GS cast into this school together, possibly that had something to do with military/political agenda to patch up ties between the different sides. That's not the point. Point is they went to school.

Things I can remember were Kira and Athrun discussing Nicol and perhaps dealing with things they had done while on the battlefield, and I also remember Yzak playing this fighting simulator that some female OC made and only finally winning when he realized the point had nothing to do with trying to defeat his enemies/win or whatever.

Does anybody have a clue about what story I might be thinking of?
I'll be honest, the one I'm thinking of doesn't really involve Kira and Athrun talking about Nicol, etc. But it does have Yzak eventually end up playing some mobile suit combat arcade game (don't remember if he wins or not). It also has all the important teens from SEED attending a school in Switzerland (I think?) at the very start of it in order to keep them out of the giant post-war mess (PLANT citizens made death threats against Yzak's mom).
In any case, the fic is The Golden Age: Chaotic Cosmos by Maderfole
Not sure if this is the one you're looking for, but it's a damn good read, more than a million words long (not counting the two sequels).
Spoiler: show
Yzak also gets two girlfriends. :you_re_kidding_right: Yes, TWO girlfriends. AT THE SAME TIME. :omg:
Also, as an old fan of both the toys and the books, does anyone know of any good Bionicle fics? The only things I can definitively say is no M-rated adult situations (I honestly don't see how that could even work...), no "(person) got (warped/teleported/other method of randomly arriving in-universe)" or "(character) got (warped/teleported/other method of randomly arriving in the real world)"... I can see friendship-based relationships, I just don't exactly see any romance-based ones in Bionicles...
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"Sometimes I stop to think and forget to start again." - t-shirt
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
"Come to the Darkside; We have bacon." - t-shirt
Wraith5

Return to “%s” General Fanfiction Discussion