Viridian Dreams does Harry Potter fanfiction.

Re: Viridian Dreams does Harry Potter fanfiction.

Unread postby DoctorNutter » June 22nd, 2012, 12:31 am

Seconding "Wand and Shield"
DoctorNutter

Unread postby Greybane » June 22nd, 2012, 1:23 am

Thirding "Wand and Shield"
Odd that. It actually worked.
Greybane

Unread postby Phht » July 3rd, 2012, 3:12 am

Nominating:
Who Needs Obliviators?
"British Aurors Obliviate Muggles to keep magic a secret. What if other countries did it differently?"
Code: Select all
[url=http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7957228/1/Who_Needs_Obliviators]Who Needs Obliviators?[/url]
Phht

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » July 3rd, 2012, 4:29 am

Seconding Who Needs Obliviators.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby jgkitarel » July 3rd, 2012, 8:41 am

Thirding.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby Tarnished Blade » July 15th, 2012, 12:36 am

So young, little Harry Potter has an encounter with a stone statue of an weeping angel. She only moves when Harry can't see her, and she hunting him.

Fast forward to Harry Potter's third year at Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry, as he's pushed infront of a boggart . . . :panic:
Spoiler: show
I HATE those damn statues!
DoctorWho/HarryPotter cross:
That Which Holds The Image
Author: TheAngelsHaveThePhoneBox PM
Harry Potter faces a boggart that doesn't turn into a Dementor or even Voldermort, but into a horror from his childhood. Now the boggart isn't even a boggart anymore. There's no imitation. That which holds the image of an Angel, becomes itself an Angel
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7156582/1/That_Which_Holds_The_Image]That Which Holds The Image
Tarnished Blade

Unread postby Lthayer3 » July 15th, 2012, 1:20 am

Heh. I recced this for Doctor Who, but didn't think about putting it here, I guess.

Seconding That Which Holds the Image.
Lthayer3

Unread postby Nitramy » July 15th, 2012, 5:18 am

Nominating Deprived (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7402590/1/), a Wrong-Boy-Who-Lived story. Kind of cliche'd, but a lot of fun to read.

Also obligatory nomination for the mind-melting Thirty H's (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2554200/1/).
slowly but surely / the moon / quietly goes to the stars
my fanfiction.net profile
Nitramy

AOL: linuxblacksarena

Unread postby gman391 » July 15th, 2012, 4:13 pm

I am going to deny Thirty H on the basis that it is not an actual story, but a troll. This is for quality, not popularity. Otherwise I'd have to put Partially Kissed Hero in here and who wants that? Also tags people!
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby jgkitarel » July 15th, 2012, 8:51 pm

Still, 30H is a classic troll fic, and an improvement over My Immortal, which isn't hard. Hmm, that begs the question...

Anyone ever found a fic worse than My Immortal? Having read fanfiction for a decade and a half, I believe I had, but can't be sure. My Immortal is kind of hard to top in that regard.

Oh, and thirding That Which Holds The Image.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.

jgkitarel

Unread postby Nitramy » July 16th, 2012, 4:08 am

I'll go with Partially Kissed Hero (worse than My Immortal) simply for the sheer sociopathy/psychopathy it implies.
slowly but surely / the moon / quietly goes to the stars
my fanfiction.net profile
Nitramy

AOL: linuxblacksarena

Unread postby gman391 » July 16th, 2012, 6:12 am

I'm inclined to agree with that.
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby TraceReading » July 16th, 2012, 12:28 pm

I don't even know what's going on in PKH anymore.
See this look? It's terror!
TraceReading

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » July 16th, 2012, 1:14 pm

You're actually still following that? I dropped it about a year ago.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby jgkitarel » July 17th, 2012, 8:37 pm

You lasted that long? I'm impressed.

jgkitarel

Unread postby Comosicus » July 18th, 2012, 10:10 am

Thirding "That Which Holds the Image".

Damn, that's one spooky fic. I don't remember the last time I shivered while reading fanfic and here I am, feeling cold currents running down my spine, as I read the story during lunch break. And then, as I had no idea about the background story, I had to search online for details and for a short youtube clip.

Can I get an Obliviation, please?
Comosicus

Unread postby Thozmp » July 18th, 2012, 1:26 pm

Seconding for Deprived.
Thozmp

Unread postby Lthayer3 » August 6th, 2012, 8:55 am

Reccing The Wizard from Earth by Morta's Priest

"Living for a century is an accomplishment, even for a wizard. Two is a rarity. Living them all? That is the territory of the gods. Harry Potter remembers a cat's glowing eyes, a strange old man with a wicked smile, and pain. It is the year 3045 B.C.E. and he has all of history as his future."

Only four chapters (and 30k words) in, and this story has probably become my current favorite. I just hope the author enjoys writing it for a long time to come. Supposedly a crossover with Man from Earth, but no knowledge of the second is needed, since (as far as I can see) it is just providing the premise for the story.
[url=http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8337871/1/]The Wizard from Earth[/url]
Lthayer3

Unread postby jgkitarel » August 6th, 2012, 9:06 pm

Giving this an enthusiastic second. This is an interesting tale.

jgkitarel

Unread postby Jasruv » September 27th, 2012, 1:02 pm

I'd like to put Sir Poley's Harry Potter and the Natural D20 up for recommendation.

The story is interesting and extremely funny, with interesting twists on the normal plotline.
I don't believe in overkill, but I do believe in economy of force. Which is why I don't use tactical nuclear devices to get rid of gnats that are annoying me. Well, not often anyway.

Naruto shrugged. "It doesn't have to make sense, we're ninja. We walk on water because it's easier than learning to swim." Vulpine by Saphroneth

Stories do not exist to warn you of monsters. You knew that monsters existed before you could speak, before you could walk. Stories exist to tell you monsters can be defeated.
~Unknown
Jasruv

Unread postby jgkitarel » October 14th, 2012, 4:57 pm

Giving Harry Potter and the Natural D20 an enthusiastic second.

Now, recommending Professor Takamachi. An interesting Harry Potter x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha crossover.
Nanoha is on her forced leave and returns to Earth and gets hired on as a DADA professor in Harry's fifth year.
[url=http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6864150/1/Professor_Takamachi]Professor Takamachi[/url]
Also recommending Lord Over the Night Sky, another Harry Potter x MGLN crossover.
While the initial premise is somewhat flimsy, Harry gets dropped off in Japan and put up for adoption by Vernon only to be taken in by Gil Graham along with Hayate. Guess who gets the Book of Darkness? At over 70 chapters, it's still ongoing and is now leading up to where StrikerS would be in Nanoha canon. It is a good read.
[url=http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7018702/1/Lord-Over-the-Night-Sky]Lord Over the Night Sky[/url],

jgkitarel

Unread postby Phht » October 14th, 2012, 9:35 pm

Having just read through the entire thing, I'll second Professor Takamachi.
Phht

Unread postby Greybane » October 17th, 2012, 5:25 pm

Thirding HP and the Nat D20.
Odd that. It actually worked.
Greybane

Unread postby nemaarpit » October 28th, 2012, 9:53 pm

Hello!! New member here, first post is a recommendation:
[url]http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8163784/20/The-Well-Groomed-Mind[/url]
On Halloween 1994, Harry learns his mind isn't his own. On Samhain morn, he vows to question everything. Armed with logic and an unlikely ally, Harry makes a last ditch bid to reclaim his life. The goal: survive at all costs.

I have a few more recommendations in Naruto and HP that I'll post soon.
PS. FF.net has a new sorting option "Favorites". The :bow Authorlord's :bow main fics (T8 andNoFP) top their respective categories :yay:
Last edited by nemaarpit on November 1st, 2012, 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nemaarpit

Unread postby gman391 » October 29th, 2012, 5:17 pm

Welcome to the boards and I'm glad you recommended a fic
However for those who update the list it really is easier if you put the fic so it looks like this.
[url=http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8163784/20/]The-Well-Groomed-Mind[/url]

It's pretty simple after putting the url tag. add in the code tag. If you could do that from now on that'd be appreciated. Thanks.
----Jack Layton
gman391

Return to “%s” General Fanfiction Discussion