Crack Challenge:Now with 100% more insanity.

Re: Crack Challenge:Now with 100% more insanity.

Unread postby gman391 » July 24th, 2010, 9:06 pm

Because your one of the few sane men on the forum?

Anyways in response to your suggestion I will throw out a crack challenge.

With out breaking characterization or a political marriage
Get Tsunade Senju and Ao (the Kiri ninja with the Byakugan) together.
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby EdStargazer » July 24th, 2010, 10:35 pm

No, she'll reveal that she's really been interested in Sakura and planed to use Naruto to get closer to her. Counter mindfucking him quite proficently.

Sasuke in the meantime reveals that he has always been interested in Naruto... as a guy and reject her in favor of a threesome with Hinata and Sakura(Sakura is male by the way and knew about Sasuke being gay, but he didn't want to reveal anything, so he hid behind his own sexy no jutsu)

As it turns out the entire village has been attempting to mindfuck everybody else in the village. The reveal leads to everybody having one big laugh and Konoha being declared legaly insane. Madara gives up in disgust and decides to settle down with Karin the Mizukage on some nice beach somewhere in Mist.

Everybody lives happily ever after.
hits the back button and goes to find a half gallon of ice cream before sitting in the corner to hum the theme to Barney to push these images out of his mind. Barney is a much less evil thing you know.
:sick:
They are characters we all know, and dislike. They are the reason for the story. The reason the plot moves ahead towards its end. No story of any quality can exist without these most important of characters. They are the reason for heroes to exist.
The antagonist, the 'bad guy'

The Villain

One thing you learn as a hero, that once you reach a certain power or ability level, death is merely an inconvenience

There comes a time when even a magical castle loses its luster, when spells and enchatments fail to thrill, when magic itself becomes ... mundane
EdStargazer

Unread postby doc.exe » July 24th, 2010, 11:11 pm

And now I can picture Kirai cackling madly in whatever dark underground place he has claimed as his evil lair. :roll:
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby Kirai » July 25th, 2010, 2:52 am

I'll have you know it's neither dark, nor underground. It's illuminated by the stars and several thousand kilomters above the earth.

Anyway, what makes you think I delight in the suffering of you lowly mor... err my fellow humans? *switches of the thousand monitors showing Ed's face as the horror slowly sinks in, again and again and again.*

As for this challenge:
With out breaking characterization or a political marriage
Get Tsunade Senju and Ao (the Kiri ninja with the Byakugan) together.
While she's still wandering she comes across him while he's on a mission, or better while he failed on a mission. He's wounded horribly, bleeding and will die if Tsunade doesn't do anything. He recognizes her and refuses to be healed by somebody from Konoha. This of course ignites Tsunades stubbornness and she manages to push through her fear of blood and heal him. From now on she haunts his every step in smug supperiority(and quite a bit of thankfullness as he got her over her fear.)

Eventually they become friends. It develops from there.
Kirai

Unread postby doc.exe » July 25th, 2010, 3:10 am

Orbital station, dark palace underground, whatever. It's still kind of cliched for an evil lair. Now, if you had a dark palace in the Moon's underground guarded by orbital stations, I would be impressed.

And well, going back to topic (yes, I'm sure there was a topic here), Ao/Tsunade? That is a new one. The best I can come up right now in my sleep deprived state is a cliched scenario of they meeting in a bar during one of the planning reunions of the 5 kage. They start talking, Ao says something that would normally merit the Mizukage trying to kill him, only to discover that Tsunade actually finds the comment funny, then bonding from then.
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby Phht » July 25th, 2010, 4:53 am

My own thoughts are that Zabuza is hired to do some debt collecting from Tsunade prior to series start. He ends up finding Shizune and kills her trying to get Tsunade's location. Tsunade goes after Zabuza to kill him and runs into Ao with a Kiri Hunter Nin team near where Zabuza's located.

1) Ao recently had the Byakugan implanted (perhaps earlier in the mission), and Tsunade ends up overpowering him to properly heal/treat the surgery so there's no side effects. She hates sloppiness in medical work, even if technically she should be popping that eye out and killing them all for stealing the Byakugan eye.
plus maybe
2) Ao and Tsunade get in an all-out argument over who gets to kill Zabuza.

The rest of Ao's team goes ahead while the two are 'conversing' and gets wiped out. Around the time the issue is settled and they start heading after the team, Zabuza and Haku show up and attack. Haku discovers that even bloodline enhanced ice mirrors cannot stand up to strikes that destroy fortress walls in one blow. Ao with his Byakugan doesn't have vision issues and avoids Zabuza's silent killing skills. The two are evenly matched, but wander too close to where Tsunade's at and Zabuza gets surprised (and probably quite dead) when Tsunade suddenly attacks him.

Since she did get the deathblow, Ao decides to allow her to take the bounty for the missing nin. While it would put a nice dent into her debt, she instead uses it to hire Kiri nin to "erase" all records of her having any debt at all. She also, claiming she needs to keep a watch on Ao to make sure the implant continues successfully taking (and insulting Kiri medic nin quality while she's at it), hires Ao to be a 'bodyguard' while the debt is being dealt with.

Cue wandering around, angsty conversations as Ao helps her through her grief over losing Shizune, sappy romance, etc. Let's be fair - I don't write romance. Possibly interrupted by the arrival of a pervy hermit and his eyesore of an apprentice, depending on how 'pre-series start' it is.

Bonus would be that at some point, the future/current Mizukage (busty, not jinchuuriki) meets Tsunade and they get in a verbal cat fight with each other, which would include subtle shots about the other person's curves.

(Yes, Haku's fate is not mentioned here, and the Demon Brothers aren't mentioned either. Those three aren't too critical to the plot progression, so an author can figure out that while detailing things more.)
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby QuoteMyFoot » July 25th, 2010, 7:07 am

Spoiler: show
My own thoughts are that Zabuza is hired to do some debt collecting from Tsunade prior to series start. He ends up finding Shizune and kills her trying to get Tsunade's location. Tsunade goes after Zabuza to kill him and runs into Ao with a Kiri Hunter Nin team near where Zabuza's located.

1) Ao recently had the Byakugan implanted (perhaps earlier in the mission), and Tsunade ends up overpowering him to properly heal/treat the surgery so there's no side effects. She hates sloppiness in medical work, even if technically she should be popping that eye out and killing them all for stealing the Byakugan eye.
plus maybe
2) Ao and Tsunade get in an all-out argument over who gets to kill Zabuza.

The rest of Ao's team goes ahead while the two are 'conversing' and gets wiped out. Around the time the issue is settled and they start heading after the team, Zabuza and Haku show up and attack. Haku discovers that even bloodline enhanced ice mirrors cannot stand up to strikes that destroy fortress walls in one blow. Ao with his Byakugan doesn't have vision issues and avoids Zabuza's silent killing skills. The two are evenly matched, but wander too close to where Tsunade's at and Zabuza gets surprised (and probably quite dead) when Tsunade suddenly attacks him.

Since she did get the deathblow, Ao decides to allow her to take the bounty for the missing nin. While it would put a nice dent into her debt, she instead uses it to hire Kiri nin to "erase" all records of her having any debt at all. She also, claiming she needs to keep a watch on Ao to make sure the implant continues successfully taking (and insulting Kiri medic nin quality while she's at it), hires Ao to be a 'bodyguard' while the debt is being dealt with.

Cue wandering around, angsty conversations as Ao helps her through her grief over losing Shizune, sappy romance, etc. Let's be fair - I don't write romance. Possibly interrupted by the arrival of a pervy hermit and his eyesore of an apprentice, depending on how 'pre-series start' it is.

Bonus would be that at some point, the future/current Mizukage (busty, not jinchuuriki) meets Tsunade and they get in a verbal cat fight with each other, which would include subtle shots about the other person's curves.

(Yes, Haku's fate is not mentioned here, and the Demon Brothers aren't mentioned either. Those three aren't too critical to the plot progression, so an author can figure out that while detailing things more.)
This would actually be a very good AU - just think about what would happen because of some of these things. After losing Shizune, would Tsunade want to even hear a sentence with "Leaf Village" in it? After Zabuza's death, is the Wave mission easier, and if it is, what then becomes of the teamwork Team 7 built up (of a sort...) because of those harrowing situations? If their teamwork is worse, what happens in the Forest of Death? Etc.
QuoteMyFoot

Unread postby MEKristian » August 2nd, 2010, 9:58 pm

Okay, I was debating if this should go here or in Plot Bunnies, but considering the original source of the idea, this is much more suitable.

Okay, so I'm sure many of you know of or out-and-out read NGE: Nobody Dies. And somewhere in the vast Spacebattles thread, somebody decide to apply this to Ranma.

So, I pose to you people, what if we applied this concept (That is, almost nobody dies their canon deaths) to other series? (While still sticking to canon's plot for the most part, of course)

What if it was applied to the MGLN series? To Naruto? Maybe Harry Potter? Something else somewhat obscure that I don't know of?
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby Random_fan » August 2nd, 2010, 10:20 pm

Nobody dies One Piece, how exactly that would work I don't know but you'd get a very different story.
Random_fan

Unread postby MrRigger2 » August 2nd, 2010, 11:29 pm

Well, let's see, Nobody Dies One Piece. (spoilers for recent chapters)
Spoiler: show
Luffy's story wouldn't be too different, at first look, but Sabo would still be alive, so you'd have to have those two meet back up at some point. If we're taking it even further, Ace's mother doesn't die, so he doesn't grow up an orphan, so he might not even grow up with Luffy and Sabo, or they might have another mother figure.

Zoro would still have the dream of beating Kuina, which would mean he would still want to be the greatest swordsman in all the land. That, or he would have grown up and settled down with Kuina, one or the other. Who knows.

Nami might not even be traveling, as her mother isn't dead. As I recall, she only became a navigator after working with Arlong (could be wrong, it's been a long time). Alternatively, her mother would be in the same position Nami was in, and Nami is working to get her out of it.

I don't really see how Usopp's story would change much, the only person to die in his backstory was his mother, and it was from illness. Even had she lived, I don't think he'd be much different.

Sanji's backstory wouldn't actually change at all.

Tony Tony Chopper's story would probably be a bit different, his father figure still being alive, he wouldn't work with Dr. Kureha, but it's been so long since I read that, I'm not sure what would be different.

Nico Robin's story would be one of the most changed. A whole island would still be alive, a whole island of people who could read the ancient language that the World Government doesn't want read. She probably would never have become involved with Crocodile, and so might not ever met the Straw Hats.

Franky wouldn't be a cyborg. Holy crap.

Brook and his whole crew would still be alive. Holy crap.

Of course, if we're taking this Nobody Dies literally, Gol D. Roger would still be alive. The new age of Pirates wouldn't have started, because the world would still be in Roger's age. Holy crap on a stick.
MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby Daethalion » August 3rd, 2010, 12:50 pm

So basically 'Nobody Dies' is a total plot killer for One Piece. Awesome.
Daethalion

Unread postby MEKristian » August 3rd, 2010, 12:53 pm

*facepalm* Not even remotely how it should be done. Finding a viable means to get from Y to X comes as part of the package.

And it's not like absolutely nobody died in the original; Naoko Akagi and most of the Angles are still very dead.
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby MrRigger2 » August 3rd, 2010, 3:39 pm

Well now there you go bringing facts into the equation and that's just not how I do things around here.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby doc.exe » August 4th, 2010, 1:35 am

Well, Nobody Dies specifically ties all the changes in the plot to Yui Ikari not dying in the contact experiment, more than the fact that (almost) nobody died in the backstory. So I think the Nobody Dies version for One Piece would be: What if Gold Roger didn't die and how the plot would change because of that?

I'm not far away enough in the manga to really answer that, so if anyone else could do it, please.

doc.exe

Unread postby Daethalion » August 4th, 2010, 7:26 am

Well it's like MrRigger said, if Gol D. Roger lives, there is no grand age of pirates. Therefore, Luffy has absolutely no reason to go on a voyage across the sea gathering nakama with the ultimate goal of being pirate king. The cast would never assemble. That right there is plenty of reason not to do it.
Daethalion

Unread postby doc.exe » August 4th, 2010, 8:54 pm

Well, no grand era of pirates is not the same as "no pirates at all whatsoever".

As I understood it, Luffy's ambition has more to do with he meeting Shanks in his childhood. Of course, I don't know the entire backstory yet, but would they never had meet with Roger still alive?

doc.exe

Return to “%s” General Fanfiction Discussion