Viridian Dreams FanFiction Recommendations - Star Wars

Viridian Dreams FanFiction Recommendations - Star Wars

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » June 4th, 2010, 9:48 pm

Last edited by Zankaru Zelladonii on January 6th, 2013, 3:06 am, edited 35 times in total.
"Machiavelli was wrong, it is better to be loved than feared. It is harder to get people to love you, but those bonds are that much harder to break."
I'm a Princeps, the #1 of a Titan, the crazy bastard who wears an angry house to work. - Tomas, Princeps of Warhound Titan Invictorus

~*~ Ultimate Viridian Dream's Fanfic Recommendation List ~*~
Zankaru Zelladonii

Re: Viridian Dreams FanFiction Recommendations - Star Wars

Unread postby Dechstreme » June 4th, 2010, 10:29 pm

I should have a fic to recommend in my faves from my account in the Pit... let's see if I can find it...
Dechstreme

Yahoo Messenger: dechstreme@yahoo.com

Unread postby Dechstreme » June 4th, 2010, 10:34 pm

Code: Select all
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3054756/1/
Shadows of the Future

I found this to be a fairly good one. Bit of time traveling, or rather, reincarnating at a previous point in your life to fix the mess things became by affecting things at a pivotal time. Main Character is Obi Wan Kenobi.
Dechstreme

Unread postby Lightwhispers » June 5th, 2010, 12:37 am

This is somewhat of a crossover- in that it puts Ruroni Kenshin into SW lock, stock, and lightsaber. And, being done by Vathara, does so quite well. Obi-wan turns out to be the center of a number of plot-induced coincidences, but no more than usual for Star Wars.

Shadows in Starlight
Warning: the above may contain strong language (which may be unsuitable for children), unusual humor (which may be unsuitable for adults), and logic (which may be unsuitable for stupid people).
-adapted from xkcd

I'm a solipsistic conspiracy theorist. I'm sure I must be up to something, and I will not stop until I find out what.
-xkcd
Lightwhispers

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » June 5th, 2010, 1:08 am

~*~ Update - Shadows in Starlight - Added to Pending
~*~ Update - Shadows of the Future - Added to Pending

I am only on chapter eight of SotF, but liking it so far.
Last edited by Zankaru Zelladonii on June 21st, 2010, 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Machiavelli was wrong, it is better to be loved than feared. It is harder to get people to love you, but those bonds are that much harder to break."
I'm a Princeps, the #1 of a Titan, the crazy bastard who wears an angry house to work. - Tomas, Princeps of Warhound Titan Invictorus

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Dechstreme » June 5th, 2010, 12:02 pm

I hereby second One Missed Strike Part One. Just finished reading it.
Dechstreme

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » June 5th, 2010, 12:49 pm

If you are planning on reading more of it, there are two groups of one-shots by the same author that are in between part 1-part 2, and part 2-part 3.

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Stormseed » June 5th, 2010, 1:48 pm

There is a series of SW/Buffy crossovers that start here. There are seven in all.
Stormseed

Unread postby DIT_grue » June 5th, 2010, 7:29 pm

Definitely second Shadows in Starlight - and what the heck, second Shadows of the Future, too. It's not a great story, but I have reread it, so...

Hmm, I don't read a lot of Star Wars fics, but:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3293816/1/Mechanical_Spirit
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1866354/1/Jedi_Harris of course, even if SW is very much the lesser element in the crossover.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3913384/1/A ... en_In_Hope
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4519603/1/Race_Against_Time is another time-travel one, similar in quality to Shadows of the Future.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3062663/1/Chasing_Dreams - I haven't read this in years, and it looks to be dead as a dodo, but I remember it as being fairly good.

If this is intended for a ff.net community, these won't be eligible, but:
http://persephone-kore.livejournal.com/328501.html Protege (this is the first chapter of the first story; it looks like the tags are the best way to navigate).
http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=100906 Hull 721 and its sequels, http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=127985 (arc 2) and http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=127610 A Squelch of Empires (only the first story is complete).

Offhand, I can't think of any other SW fics that I've read and enjoyed.
DIT_grue

Unread postby Stormseed » June 5th, 2010, 7:37 pm

I'll second this, if it's acceptable. I was holding off, because it is mostly BtVS.
Stormseed

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » June 5th, 2010, 8:02 pm

Any crossover within reason is acceptable, by that I mean more than just naruto getting a laser sword and calling it a naruto/star wars.

Also fics from any site is acceptable.

Wow, thanks DIT_grue, quite a few fics there. :biggrin:

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby gman391 » June 5th, 2010, 8:06 pm

Oh hell I'll second Shadows in starlight
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » June 5th, 2010, 9:09 pm

Just finished reading Shadows of the Future and thought it was pretty good, although a bit sappy at some points (seriously, more hugging in that one fic than my entire favorites list), and I am not a fan of the
Spoiler: show
'happily ever after'
ending.

~*~ Update - Shadows in Starlight has been moved to the accepted crossover list.

Need a clarification on SIS, it is a crossover, correct? The summary says 'a fusion of kenshin and star wars'.
Last edited by Zankaru Zelladonii on June 21st, 2010, 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Lightwhispers » June 6th, 2010, 1:07 am

Yeah, fusion goes in the general crossover category. Also a note: A Squelch of Empires is also a crossover (with Warhammer 40K).
Warning: the above may contain strong language (which may be unsuitable for children), unusual humor (which may be unsuitable for adults), and logic (which may be unsuitable for stupid people).
-adapted from xkcd

I'm a solipsistic conspiracy theorist. I'm sure I must be up to something, and I will not stop until I find out what.
-xkcd
Lightwhispers

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » June 6th, 2010, 2:11 am

Star Wars / Warhammer 40k?!

Chaos Space Marines fighting Jedi?!

*nerding out for 10 minutes*

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Lightwhispers » June 6th, 2010, 12:02 pm

Not so much. Much more on the naval combat side, with some Force/Warp wackiness involved. Still, much awesomeness. If you haven't read Hull 721, expect to miss some things.
-adapted from xkcd

-xkcd
Lightwhispers

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » June 6th, 2010, 1:35 pm

Well that sucks, I have not really payed much attention to the ships in WAR 40k or star wars.

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Stormseed » June 6th, 2010, 4:54 pm

Incidentally, Jedi Harris isn't abandoned. It's complete, and has a sequel.
Stormseed

Unread postby SLAMU » June 6th, 2010, 5:44 pm

Definatly seconding and thirding Hull 721 and Squelch of Empires. Good stuff lies within. Seriously, those are about the only Star Wars fics I like.
SLAMU

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » June 6th, 2010, 6:01 pm

Incidentally, Jedi Harris isn't abandoned. It's complete, and has a sequel.
It is not? I have not read it, but I did scroll back to the latest posted chapter and did not see anything that looked like an ending. I will change the tag though.

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Stormseed » June 6th, 2010, 6:17 pm

It is not? I have not read it, but I did scroll back to the latest posted chapter and did not see anything that looked like an ending. I will change the tag though.
Yeah, one kind of segues directly into the other. I guess the author didn't want it getting too long, or something.
Stormseed

Unread postby Dechstreme » June 7th, 2010, 11:22 pm

I second One Missed Strike-Part 2. Finished reading it.
Dechstreme

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » June 8th, 2010, 12:28 am

List Updated.

There is a part 3 to one missed strike, but it is not yet complete.

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Lightwhispers » June 11th, 2010, 1:14 am

Seconding (or thirding, whatever) Shadows of the Future, Hull No. 721 and its second arc, Jedi Harris, and A Squelch of Empires.
-adapted from xkcd

-xkcd
Lightwhispers

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » June 11th, 2010, 3:38 am

~*~ Update - Shadows of the Future - Added to Accepted List
~*~ Update - Hull no 721 - Added to Accepted List
~*~ Crossover Update - Jedi Harris - Added to Accepted List
~*~ Crossover Update - A Squelch of Empires - Added to Accepted List
Last edited by Zankaru Zelladonii on June 21st, 2010, 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zankaru Zelladonii

Return to “%s” General Fanfiction Discussion