The Works of Quill of Molliemon Discussion

Re: The Works of Quill of Molliemon Discussion

Unread postby MrRigger2 » March 17th, 2012, 3:26 pm

Eve got there first because she started chasing after Vee when she noticed he'd run off ahead again, and she used quick attack. Uzu-chan got the next move in because she was an angry, protective mom. Senkou held off because electricity is harder to aim than water or direct physical contact and with Eve and Vee in very close proximity to the machop he might've accidentally grazed them.
I thought about the angry, protective mom aspect, but decided that the angry, protective dad aspect coupled with Senkou's more impulsive attitude and greater speed canceled it out. And as for electricity being more difficult to aim, Shock Wave never misses, and Water doesn't have an equivalent never miss move, so I'm not sure about that. If he was really worried about hitting them, he gets Quick Attack as well, and he's a professional level Pokemon, I'm sure he's got options. Only having Electric moves would be foolish.
I have a rough list of ideas...but without a huge burst of inspiration, I'm sticking to hacking away at Caught in the Whirlpool until I finish that before contemplating work on other things.
Well, I do want to see Caught in the Whirlpool wrap up, but seeing what the other characters have been up to would be really interesting too. What a conundrum.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby Quill of Molliemon » March 17th, 2012, 3:50 pm

Eve got there first because she started chasing after Vee when she noticed he'd run off ahead again, and she used quick attack. Uzu-chan got the next move in because she was an angry, protective mom. Senkou held off because electricity is harder to aim than water or direct physical contact and with Eve and Vee in very close proximity to the machop he might've accidentally grazed them.
I thought about the angry, protective mom aspect, but decided that the angry, protective dad aspect coupled with Senkou's more impulsive attitude and greater speed canceled it out. And as for electricity being more difficult to aim, Shock Wave never misses, and Water doesn't have an equivalent never miss move, so I'm not sure about that. If he was really worried about hitting them, he gets Quick Attack as well, and he's a professional level Pokemon, I'm sure he's got options. Only having Electric moves would be foolish.
Vee's confrontation with the machop happens just out of sight of the main group and only Eve, who actually started to run after him saw the impending trouble. When they hear her yell, they move into action, but before that they saw nothing, heard nothing, and so weren't terribly concerned (being first time parents, with Uzu-chan being human raised). And while shock wave is never supposed to miss, I'm sure that in practice it can easily hit or graze unintended targets on the way to the intended target. With Vee and Eve standing between the machop and Senkou's position, he hesitated while Uzu-chan used a tight-stream water gun to knock the aggressor away.
Quill of Molliemon

Unread postby hexgar » May 4th, 2012, 7:12 am

Is Molliemon ok?
hexgar

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » May 6th, 2012, 10:49 am

I think RL may have caught up to her. It happens.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby skyisthelimit112 » May 13th, 2013, 10:23 pm

And I believe you've caught everything but three characters. But I'd be really surprised if anyone found any of them since they're so old, and only one of them (once, very briefly) appeared in a second story.

BTW, I hope that no one was disappointed by what Kyuumaru turned out to be.
This quote was FOREVER ago but being the obsessive person I am I found this forum and gobbled up every bit of information I could on quill's stories. When I saw this post I couldn't help but go: "I know! I know! I know!"

Arata, Daichi, and Hachiro are all Kushina's old teammates from Uzu in To See You Again, which I'm pretty sure is one of the first fics Quill wrote for the Naruto-verse. It was the story that got me hooked on her stories and one of my favorite chapters from that fic was the Minato-jealous chapter because it was oh-so-amusing :biggrin:

Absolutely love your works, if you ever pop by again Quill!
skyisthelimit112

Return to “%s” General Fanfiction Discussion