The Works of Quill of Molliemon Discussion

The Works of Quill of Molliemon Discussion

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » September 22nd, 2010, 6:23 am

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/320103/Quill_of_Molliemon

With so much of her work in the recommendations thread, I figured that she deserves a topic.
I was rereading Fire Shadow's Son and this thought crossed my mind: Slowly, the entire world of FSS will become Naruto/Hinata Shippers-On-Deck.
...I want to write that fic now.
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Re: The Works of Quill of Molliemon Discussion

Unread postby Nitramy » September 22nd, 2010, 8:14 am

I want Quill to write a Seal Shatter prequel... which writes down all the shenanigans Minato gets himself into. (Yes, this includes all the incidents mentioned in Seal Shatter.)
slowly but surely / the moon / quietly goes to the stars
my fanfiction.net profile
Nitramy

AOL: linuxblacksarena

Unread postby Thozmp » September 22nd, 2010, 8:46 am

Fairly certain that Quill did a couple of one-shots, including the J"iraiya and the drag queen" incident. Either on FF or an DevArt.
Thozmp

Unread postby Nitramy » September 22nd, 2010, 10:42 am

Yeah... that Harajuku incident was balls-to-the-wall hilarious.

:rollin:
slowly but surely / the moon / quietly goes to the stars
my fanfiction.net profile
Nitramy

AOL: linuxblacksarena

Unread postby Quill of Molliemon » October 5th, 2010, 12:36 pm

I was rereading Fire Shadow's Son and this thought crossed my mind: Slowly, the entire world of FSS will become Naruto/Hinata Shippers-On-Deck.
...I want to write that fic now.
Do it!!!

I'd read it.
:biggrin:
Quill of Molliemon

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » October 5th, 2010, 12:46 pm

:biggrin: Wow, we seem to have a habit of attracting the authors of fics to the forums. Welcome to the Dream Molliemon!
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Quill of Molliemon » October 5th, 2010, 12:56 pm

Thank you!

I saw this thread and I couldn't help myself...
...I feel so honored.
:shy:
Quill of Molliemon

Unread postby Arganaut » October 5th, 2010, 2:03 pm

Hmm, rather extensive library of fan fics, and as noted, are recommended by a lot of people here. Might have to take a look at them when I'm not busy myself.

Congratulations and welcome Molliemon, always good to have more members around to keep things lively... well, livelier.
Arganaut

Unread postby Thozmp » October 7th, 2010, 1:33 pm

Since I'm watching on DeviantArt, I get to read some stuff before it gets to FFnet, and one that never got there and would love to see finished.

Incarnations has a sequal, sorta since it's between the first part and "Where do Babies Come From" (which is hilarious.) Dunno if the relationship is Canon since I don't really keep up with the Manga that hasn't "officially" reached stateside but I think I like her version in this, seems a bit... more real, more natural then simply having two unknowns suddenly like each other or something. I especially liked the end. :grin:
Thozmp

Unread postby Farmer_10 » November 11th, 2010, 11:03 pm

Hey Quill, love your work. Seal Shatter was an entertaining read. I also like your Naruto/Pokemon stuff, so I'm really looking forward to you getting back to that.
Sweet lady fate, why dost thou piss on me so?!
Farmer_10

Unread postby Greybane » November 12th, 2010, 2:10 am

Seal Shatter was quite wonderful. I liked your Fire Shadows Sun as well, but had problems with my Suspension of Disbelief. Events playing out the same way? No one bringing up the similarities between Minato and Naruto before? Threw me off a bit.
Odd that. It actually worked.
Greybane

Unread postby Thozmp » November 12th, 2010, 5:25 am

No one bringing up the similarities between Minato and Naruto before? Threw me off a bit.
I think it was less no one seeing/bringing it up, so much as no one wanting to see it. "None so blind" and all that.
Thozmp

Unread postby Quill of Molliemon » November 12th, 2010, 2:19 pm

Seal Shatter was quite wonderful. I liked your Fire Shadows Sun as well, but had problems with my Suspension of Disbelief. Events playing out the same way? No one bringing up the similarities between Minato and Naruto before? Threw me off a bit.
Aw, thanks, I'm glad you liked "Seal Shatter"!

As for events playing out the same in "Fire Shadow's Son"... I liked the canon events too much, and I fully admit to being too lazy to think up substitutes.

Yes, I'm horrible, I know.
:biggrin:

No one bringing up the similarities between Minato and Naruto before? Threw me off a bit.
I think it was less no one seeing/bringing it up, so much as no one wanting to see it. "None so blind" and all that.
Yes, that's exactly what I was going for there.

I also like your Naruto/Pokemon stuff, so I'm really looking forward to you getting back to that.
I'm think that soonest that could happen would be when the Black/White games come to America so I can get all the official English names (and play Black--I want Reshiram!!!). It would be a good excuse for a "Safari Zone"-esque story if nothing else.
:meaw:
Quill of Molliemon

Unread postby leon89 » February 16th, 2011, 1:05 am

thanks to this forum i now have become a fan of your works, and out of the fics so far i would like to see a continuation of "Fire Shadow's Son"

otherwise you make excellent stories even if some of there premises that set up them up are a bit contrived. but that is just a minor complaint compared to how good the stories turned out.

keep up the good work.
Nope
Somebody buried a tornado, and it's trying to escape.
leon89

Unread postby ShonenHero » February 18th, 2011, 8:01 pm

Welp, finished Seal Shatter last night in one sitting. T'was awesome, maybe even worth losing that little bit of sleep I needed. I'm going to echo Leon here when I say that while you may recycle some ideas from cannon, you are a wonderful storyteller. You give enough time to explore the deviations you make in your stories from canon, while still keeping it familiar enough for people who're fans of the show.

Now, with Seal Shatter out of the way, I think I'm going to give Fire Shadow Son a look over.
ShonenHero

Yahoo Messenger: chubbs.panbuukin
AOL: canera411

Unread postby gamebrain89 » February 21st, 2011, 3:43 am

I just finished Fire Shadow's Son. Enjoyed it, hope you do a sequel soon. Hint. Hint. :biggrin:
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Unread postby ShonenHero » February 25th, 2011, 11:57 am

I just finished Fire Shadow's Son. Enjoyed it, hope you do a sequel soon. Hint. Hint. :biggrin:
Same here! Finished it last night, was a very enjoyable read. Would not mind a sequel if such a thing was ever written. :)
ShonenHero

Unread postby Quill of Molliemon » February 25th, 2011, 8:55 pm

Same here! Finished it last night, was a very enjoyable read. Would not mind a sequel if such a thing was ever written. :)
Well...

A "Fire Shadow's Son" sequel would more certainly contain three main elements: father-son bonding-ish stuff, Sasuke either redeeming himself or destroying himself, and the eventual destruction of the Akatsuki.

Element #1 isn't too hard.

Element #2...would be difficult. I've never been a real fan of Sasuke. At the time I wrote "Fire Shadow's Son", I was not happy with him. At this point, after all that's happened in canon...I utterly despise him, and have great difficulty writing about him.

Element #3...would be just as difficult, if not more so, than #2. I've never liked the Akatsuki, not because they're the bad guys and you shouldn't really like them, but I didn't even like them as villains. And at this point, mainly because of Madara, I also utterly despise them. I don't want to have to deal with them and find believable ways of killing them off, especially Madara the immortal.

So with two of the three main plot elements bound to deeply frustrate me and be very un-fun...a sequel (which probably would've been titled "Fire Shadow's Heir" or something) does not seem terribly likely.

Also, I'm busy trying to finish (or mostly finish) "Will of Foxfire" before Pokemon: Black arrives and destroys my focus.
:shy:
Quill of Molliemon

Unread postby ShonenHero » February 25th, 2011, 9:44 pm

Fair enough, I figured Akatsuki might have something to do with it. They're a bit top-heavy and difficult to implement with their abilities (especially Madara's). I did like how you handled them in Seal Shatter, though! Having Itachi outright betray them was definitely something I didn't expect, but given the Fourth Hokage's (and Kushina's) lenience on the Uchiha Clan massacre it makes sense that Itachi would be a little more loyal and little more willing to back stab the ancient bastard.

As for Sasuke, I totally understand. He's really hit or miss with people, especially now with his rise to villiandom. I've only seen a few fics that manage to write him sympathetically, and they usually try and change things up before his retrieval arc (or make it so that circumstances make it so there is none).
ShonenHero

Unread postby leon89 » February 25th, 2011, 10:24 pm

Well Quill your reasons are good as any. writing fanfics is a hobby, if you don't find it enjoyable I understand. and I enjoy reading "Will of Foxfire" as well. it is nice to have something different on the table.
Nope
Somebody buried a tornado, and it's trying to escape.
leon89

Unread postby gamebrain89 » February 25th, 2011, 10:46 pm

Your reasons are definitely understandable. Still, enjoy your work.
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Unread postby MrRigger2 » February 26th, 2011, 12:27 am

I certainly enjoy Will of Foxfire a lot, and I really liked your Pokemon/Naruto universe as well. I hope you'll do more in that universe.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby spudman » March 5th, 2011, 10:09 pm

I'm also enjoying Will of Foxfire. Most stories that have Naruto and/or his family as demons or half-demons don't really appeal to me. Quill manages to establish a fear of werewolves, etc. among the people without going overboard with something like Naruto getting chased by a mob.

Is the latest chapter (37) an indication that Hinata is going to have more of a role in the story?
spudman

Unread postby Farmer_10 » August 15th, 2011, 8:36 pm

Long deceased thread, I COMMAND YOU TO RISE!

And that's a wrap folks! Will of Foxfire, complete. A round of applause for Miss Molliemon.
Sweet lady fate, why dost thou piss on me so?!
Farmer_10

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » August 16th, 2011, 7:08 pm

It was a good ending, I thought. Covered what needed to be covered without dragging on too much. Poor Sasuke, though... I just want to give him a hug and tell him everything will be fine.
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Return to “%s” General Fanfiction Discussion