Viridian Dreams Forum Recommendation List: Pokémon Category

Re: Viridian Dreams Forum Recommendation List: Pokémon Categ

Unread postby gamebrain89 » April 7th, 2012, 12:38 am

Um...Farmer? You sure that's the right link? Because I'm getting some Very NSFW stuff when I try that...
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » April 7th, 2012, 1:42 am

Fixed it.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Farmer_10 » April 7th, 2012, 9:19 am

I am really sorry about whatever it was that went wrong with the link.
Sweet lady fate, why dost thou piss on me so?!
Farmer_10

Unread postby Thozmp » February 14th, 2013, 11:33 pm

Would like to recommend A True Cosmic Horror.
"Umm, m-maybe Ash was right about being scared of these things." [Misty] hazarded as she looked up at Brock.
Code: Select all
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8356011/1/A-True-Cosmic-Horror-Pok%C3%A9mon
Thozmp

Unread postby shadowspiri5 » July 5th, 2013, 1:46 pm

I would like to recommend Traveler. Its a pretty good read if your into the whole "Ash gets a different stater" type thing. In this story instead of getting Pikachuas his starter, Ash gets a Male Nidoran. The first few chapters aren't as good as the rest of the story but the writing gets good around the S. S. Anne chapter.
If at first you don't succeed kill it with fire! Because why not?
shadowspiri5

Unread postby Wraith5 » November 3rd, 2014, 12:37 am

Well, I never thought I'd be recommending fics for this category (since there seem to be many others who do more in this category than I do), but I actually have several! (And a tumblr link that has more general info about the author's specific AU (including how someone actually becomes a Pokemon Master!).
So, the author (of all of these) is Skylight Sparkle, who has come up with The Road You Choose. So far, the author has only done re-writes of Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, The Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon, The Rise of Darkrai, and Giratina and the Sky Warrior. For the most part, they start out as just re-writes that put Misty in the movies, but they're a HELL of a lot more than that, and the author has announced that there will be fics with a COMPLETELY original plot later.
I will admit, the Lucario movie re-write feels pretty much the same as the original, but I think the others have a MUCH different feel. (I think. The Lucario movie is the only one he's re-written that I've seen so far... XD)
As for links and summaries, here you go:
The Mystery of Aura - complete
Spoiler: show
Small things can bring big changes. While visiting Cameron Palace, Pikachu goes missing, and Ash, along with his friends and a mysterious pokemon named Lucario, go on a quest to find him. Along the way, Ash discovers things about himself that could change his entire life. AU Novelization of Lucario and the Mystery of Mew.
The Master of Mirage - complete
Direct sequel to The Mystery of Aura. Ash Ketchum thought that he experienced some strange things and faced almost every type of villain around, but this was something on a whole different level. One small thing can change everything, and sometimes the lines between what is real and what is just a mirage are impossible to see.
Between Time and Space - complete
There's a balance to the world, a fragile but powerful one that keeps everything in motion. Something has started to shift and change that balance with potential cataclysmic consequences, and not everything is as it seems. This is barely the beginning, but for Ash and his friends, it might very well be the end. Sequel to The Master of Mirage.
Distortion - complete
Legends whisper of a world that is a shadowed, distorted mirror of our own. Should harm come to this world, the consequences to our world would be dire. Time and space aren't the only things on a direct collision course, but how a small little pokemon fits into all of this is a mystery. A very annoying one, if you ask Ash Ketchum. Sequel to Between Time and Space.
And, to go with Pokeshipping week, the author has:
Yesterday's Tomorrow - currently only the one chapter, obviously planning to release one more each day this week.
EDIT: The second chapter is now uploaded.
EDIT 2: Yesterday's Tomorrow is finished, I just never got around to editing my post...
Code: Select all
Author: [url=https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1631154/Skylight-Sparkle]Skylight Sparkle[/url] [url=https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9346547/1/The-Mystery-of-Aura]The Mystery of Aura[/url] - complete [url=https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10109906/1/The-Master-of-Mirage]The Master of Mirage[/url] - complete [url=https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10286604/1/Between-Time-and-Space]Between Time and Space[/url] - complete [url=https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10580126/1/Distortion]Distortion[/url] - complete [url=https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10796789/1/Yesterday-s-Tomorrow]Yesterday's Tomorrow[/url] - complete
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"Sometimes I stop to think and forget to start again." - t-shirt
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
"Come to the Darkside; We have bacon." - t-shirt
Wraith5

Unread postby thrawnca » November 14th, 2018, 10:18 pm

If you're OK with slow but steady updates, then Pokemon: The Origin of Species updates on the first of each month. It's a story meant to make you think about how you think, a bit like Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality, but the protagonists are much more humble and the lessons on critical thinking are gentler.
thrawnca

Return to “%s” General Fanfiction Discussion